*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

Fern, yes he is still kicking. I feel him a few times a day, I'm feeling him now as I'm typing lol! Yesterday he was a little more quiet, and when I put the dipper on him he was staying in the same spot so I'm assuming he just had a sleepy day yesterday.

Oh sorry cross posted with you 2have! Phew glad you're going to see your dr tomorrow. I'm definitely getting the gd test at my next appointment too, I've been reading up on it thanks to you. Scary.

Congrats on your dd walking! Sounds so cute!

Yes fern I will be having a laparoscopic surgery done. Not looking forwArd to it but it's better than a laprotomy !

Congrats on the boy! I had no idea what I was looking at either lol

So many appts and scans coming up! We are on a nice schedule that we have something almost every day - yay :)

Congrats Fern!! Yay!!

Froggy that looks great.

Thankfully I'm feeling much better since Sunday.

Congrats on a boy Fern :happydance:
We just signed DD up for swimming lessons for September, it should be loads of fun!

Thanks for all the well wishes :).

Taking over the thread today- I'm watching "I didn't know I was pregnant" and in this episode the lady goes into labour at a theme park. She thought she was just having period cramps but it kept getting worse (obviously); she still went on all the rides including the fastest rollercoaster! After getting off the rollercoaster she gave birth in the theme park bathroom. WTH!!??

Fern that show weirds me out, I just don't get it. Especially if that I have felt some strong baby movements and kicks, how could you not know? Funny story, me and dh watched a few episodes a long time ago and I had a bunch of ice cream and started having really bad pains because i don't tolerate dairy very well, and he said "your not about to have a baby right"? His eyes were so big and he was so scared lol!

Froggy lovely room so far!
Ladies I've watched that show too and just don't understand how women don't know they're pregnant. And it kills me when they have baby in hand and proclaim how the baby turned out just perfect. If you've had alcohol during your pregnancy or were anemic how are you going to see signs of FAS or learning disabilities? FAS effects how effectively they're able to form relationships with people, how they learn. Anemia during pregnancy effects learning disabilities that happen later on when they're learning to speak and read. :grr:

Yay amazing congratulations Fern little boys are so loving and usually mummies boys :) How exciting!!

Froggy gosh time will fly scan will be here in no time at all!

2have awww amazing times and so cute - it all happens too fast!

Pinkie so sorry you are struggling - can they give you some ranitiadine to help?

Beemack good luck!!

Rebecca i had hyperemesis with my fist and lots of IV's they are amazing - could you ask for some Ondansetron to take regularly for the sickness? Sorry you are still suffering :(

Sorry such a quick post ladies ...crazy here!

Nimbec I had hypermesis with my DD but thankfully this pregnancy has been so much better. I'm feeling much better since the weekend, I have that medicine but I don't feel the need to take it much anymore.

Fern it seems like this thread has lots of boys on the way, not too many girls yet!

Can't wait for the rest of the gender scans.

Really these ladies who didn't know they were pregnant is just crazy. I agree the mom needs to take care of herself when she's pregnant and how do they not feel a moving watermelon in their uterus?

I missed a lot yesterday.

Congratulations on team blue fern, lovely news.

Froggy, cute nursery, you are very efficient to have that done already. I haven't brought a single thing for baby yet, I will get organised in a few weeks.

2have, arh your little girl is walking, she is growing too fast. Best of luck with your scan today, enjoy seeing your little ones.

Rebecca, glad you are feeling better.

Myshel, glad the heartburn is easing, I have better days but not sure what is triggering it because I eat the same thing everyday. Just hormones I think.

Its scary how often women don't know they are pregnant, but to be honest apart from feeling unwell I don't feel or look pregnant at all. I saw a women on TV recently who didn't know, her periods were never regular, she had no symptoms and not a hint of a bump, they showed photos of her 2 weeks before she gave birth and she was stick thin. She had a bit of gas and wind which she thought was her diet but now realises it was probably baby moving. Crazy.

Thanks for your well wishes I had a much better day yesterday and got out the house. I think this is the way my pregnancy is going to go, good days and bad days.

X

Hope your day is good today too pinkie. X

2have how was your consult?

Rebecca- eeekkk tomorrow's scan! !

Who else is having a consult or scan this week? I seem to remember there was someone else. Oi brain.

I've been feeling lil man move again :). Last night we had cake to celebrate and he kicked me so hard I could feel it from the outside! Yay!

Fern, I have my 12 week scan tomorrow! I'm really excited, as this is usually the point that women announce their pregnancy in the UK, once they've had this scan. I'm going to announce if the NT measurement is normal, even though I don't get my trisomy ratio (1:whatever) until the bloods come back.

Ellie all the best with your scan, I'm sure your NT will go swimmingly!

The consult was great, I absolutely love my OB to bits. It sounds like the delivery complications with twins are when the second baby that comes out is much larger than the first. She said it doesn't matter if the second is breach, they know how to turn them around it's the size that matters. Isn't that a universal truth?:haha:

She referred me to the GD clinic, they will tell me how they want to test my sugars. I was told you don't have to drink the orange sugar, they can do bloodwork too for diagnosis.

She did a scan and both were head down and heads together. She looked up at me and said 'they're already scheming!!':rofl: Both looked great, with strong heartbeats. I get my second detailed anatomy scan at 18 weeks Sept 27th and then every month after that.

Wow Fern, you're really coming along if you're starting to feel kicks on the outside!:bunny:

Edit: I had a twin tell me that we should never EVER tell them which one was delivered first. They will forever be fighting about who's oldest, even if it's by 28 minutes. Twins can be very competitive and this lady said it was a serious bone of contention that was in the center of many fights.

Congrats Ellie! 12 weeks is so exciting.

Rebecca glad you are feeling better.

2have sounds like a great doctor! How cute your little people in that position.

Froggy you are so far ahead of the game with that nursery! It looks so adorable.

Doctors appointment tomorrow, it is going to be basic just weight and blood pressure. Nothing else with my doctor until I switch to OB on September 23. But we have booked our gender scan for September 10!!! Woop woop.
Getting pizza tonight, had mom over today for lunch and just didn't feel like cooking lol.

My nephews are twins and were like two minutes apart. No lie. It was boom boom with my sister. They always go on about how one is the older brother and one is the younger brother, it is kind of funny. They are 13 now but the older does pull "rank" but he probably would even if he was the younger one, he is just a card.

My brothers are twins, and I'm not sure I remember any competition about who was born first. Although they are complete opposite of each other and don't even really get along most of the time so maybe they just didn't care enough lol.

My husbands brothers are twins and there's really no competition about who's older. I'm surprised that people would make such a big deal about who is first.

2have- remind me, you're staying team yellow?

Yay ellicain we are scan buddies tomorrow! I'm so excited to confirm the genders!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->