*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

I had my 20 week OB appointment today. It was supposed to be next week but they called me to reschedule. The doctor found both heartbeats on the Doppler and said everything looks great.
I have my 20 week scan on Tuesday!!
I'll be having OB appointments every two weeks and an ultrasound at every appointment :)

Yay 2have Tuesday will be fun!! Are you still staying team yellow?
You will have your scan much earlier than me since you're a few hours ahead.
Can't wait to compare notes ;)

Has anyone heard from Beemeck? I'm getting worried?!

I'm on mountain standard time, second last timezone in the world. I think a few hours after you however my appointment is at 7:45 am. So I might just be before you anyway depending. We're team yellow all the way. It's going to KILL me not to know but that's what we both agreed to.:wacko:

What's everyone up to this weekend?

Yay 2have Tuesday will be fun!! Are you still staying team yellow?
You will have your scan much earlier than me since you're a few hours ahead.
Can't wait to compare notes ;)

Has anyone heard from Beemeck? I'm getting worried?!

She's doing really well... Check out her journal :)
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...ant-recovered-surgery-making-baby-bee-15.html

I'm on mountain standard time, second last timezone in the world. I think a few hours after you however my appointment is at 7:45 am. So I might just be before you anyway depending. We're team yellow all the way. It's going to KILL me not to know but that's what we both agreed to.:wacko:

What's everyone up to this weekend?

Hmm I don't know why I assumed you were ahead of me. Well yes you are still earlier since my appointment is at 2:45pm. Eeek!

Babies are kicking all the time and it's just so comforting to feel them.

Ellie- thanks for posting. Glad beemeck is doing ok. I was worried about her surgery..

2have- this weekend we will be going to my mom (sleeping over Friday). It's usually so relaxing there as they all watch DD and me and DH get to sleep as much as we want ;)
We'll have a big lunch on Saturday with some friends at my parents house and then head home after dinner on Saturday to put DD to bed.
Sunday is usually my shopping day. I try to stock the house up for the coming week so I don't have to run out for dinner ingredients.

My insomnia has been getting bad again. I was up a few nights in a row already and it's just making it really tough for me the following day. My doctor suggested taking unisom but I really don't want to take it every night. Urghhh!!

Rebecca, glad you got to hear your babies again and they are moving a lot. Mine seems to have slowed down, I keep poking him/her to get some flutters lol. Sorry about the insomnia, I hope you get some sleep while at your parents this weekend.

No plans this weekend, DH has been off work for two weeks so we've been busy, probably be a chilled one. I thought DH would drive me mad being at home but I have loved it, I will be sad when he goes back on Monday.

I had pregnancy yoga last night and we used the birthing ball, I loved it and just ordered myself one. If you haven't used one I recommend looking into it X

Sorry for being mia it's crazy busy here with work & renovations. I've been back home for 2 days and while we haven't had another fight, things are very akward between husband and me. Idk how it will get better if we don't do therapy or don't follow through on good ideas (started love languages etc but stopped after a week because he is too busy). Renovations are freaking ridiculous and now we have A YELLOW FLOOR but it's too much to go into. Anyways, all else is OK.

Myshel- thinking of you!

Pinkie- how did you use the ball? I have a smaller ball (about 60cm diameter) and wonder if I can use it for similar exercises.

Nice that almost everyone is feeling their babies :) I'm starting to feel mine a bit more again too.

Birth plan- epidural and natural birth if possible. As much pain medication as I can get/that won't harm my son lol. I'm not brave at all and PETRIFIED of hospitals, doctors, procedures etc.

Ooooh fern, a yellow floor? Is that a hardwood stain mistake? Sorry to hear that. I hope things get a little smoother with you two!

Our counsellor had a good session with us last night. DH wanted to get into his usual bickering & arguments about how I'm not 'logical' or how it is that he's correct on all matters and then tried it on the counsellor. She said that his style of logic lacks emotional foundations and he'd have a pretty tough time in any relationship arguing all the time on this level. She said what it does is disrespects the other person in the room & demeans any relationship to that of less than the subject/object that he's bickering over. I loved it! I have my own faults too. I asked him to let me get a good night kiss in with DD before he put her to bed & he started an hour long bicker about that. Next time I need to say what a great father he is and how much I appreciate him putting her to bed before I ask to get a wee kiss in. It feels like I have to stroke ego and sugar coat everything in order to get small things but I think he has MUCH more work to do than myself so I happily agreed to stroke ego before asking for anything in the future. You can't get anywhere if you haven't done your part and I will make sure I cover mine so there's less time spent on me next time and more on the insane bickering & disrespect from him.

We're off to the GP today for DD's 12 month check up. And then dinner & ballet tonight :happydance:

2have, that sounds like a good session, I am glad it went well. It's amazing how you stand up and take note when it comes from a third person. I hope this is just the start of improvements for you both.

Fern, a yellow floor sounds interesting. I hope you get that sorted soon. I also hope things get better with DH, take it one step at a time and continue moving forward in the right direction. Most importantly look after yourself and that little boy.

As for the birthing ball, we were told we can use a gym ball too, the most important thing is the height, your hips need to be higher than your knees when sitting on it. The recommendations are 65cm ball up to 5'8 and taller than that a 75cm ball. We learnt how to use it for good posture, relaxation, getting baby into optimal foetal position, to strengthen and prepare the body for birth and to use during labour. To think you can use a ball for all of that. I am sure there are plenty of videos and information online that will show you how to use them properly.

X

I used the ball before delivery but they offered it to me while I was in labour and it felt like the waters were about to burst and were giving me sooo much pressure. I could barely sit in the car, hated being wheeled in and so glad to lie down. Bouncing or sitting on that thing would have hurt. I haven't heard this too much though from other ladies. There's no way I could squat and that's how some deliver! The pressure was unbelievable I just had to avoid putting more pressure on the groin area after labour started.

I definitely think you need to use the ball before Labour to know what you like and don't as yesterday I had to change my positions from how some were doing it as I wasn't comfortable. She has told us to practice as early on as possible. There were a lot of floor positions too but I think you don't know you want until you are in that situation. How much this really does work I don't know but I like the idea of it. X

I have to apologize I cannot bring myself to read anyone's update.

Unfortunately our little peanut did not make it and I am sitting in L&D slowly being induced. We have no answers except it wasn't meant to be. I truly appreciate all your support during the last few amazing months and wish everyone a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Not sure if I will be on again, but I may pop by in a few months and say hi when it isn't to new.

Oh myshelsong, I'm SO sorry! How unfair & cruel. I have no other words, just tears. :hugs::hug:

Myshel I don't know if you will read this but I'm so sorry and upset for your part. This is so unexpected. I wish there was something I could say or do to make this even a little better. Sending you love, prayers, good wishes and healing thoughts. Ugh these words just seem so inadequate.... please know you have so many ladies lifting you up in prayer & support. Xxxxxx

I don't even know what to say Myshel. I'm so sorry and I'm thinking of you.

Myshel, I am in shock your message has brought so many tears, this is heartbreaking I don't know what to say.

I am thinking of you and DH, take care of each other xxx

I'm so sorry myshel, I can't even imagine what your going through, but I will say some prayers for you. This is absolutely horrible. I'm so sorry.

Thank you for your love and support friends. We are back from the hospital and physically doing well.
Our little boy was born at 3:32am and we named him Blue. I was able to have a few minutes with him and say my goodbyes which was a blessing.
There are no words that will heal this loss, just time and then more time.
Signing off, and wishing you all well. Michelle

Hugs, lots of love, and prayers for you Myshelsong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->