*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

Aaah congrats rebecca! They are beautiful :).

Froggy- shame, glad your dh is finally on the mend after being undiagnosed for so long. Hope his recovery is quick!

Next week this time I'll be in Cape Town. We're going away for a few days as it's a school holiday. Can't wait to take a break! My students are driving me up the wall lol... most of the time it's not their fault, it's just like all I want to do is focus on being pregnant, sleeping and nesting; NOT explaining schoolwork to them lol!! Only 7,5 weeks until most of my work is done and mat leave begins.

So cute Rebecca.

How many of you have names picked out? DH seems to like Claire and Oliver but I feel like I need to explore more options before I settle on names.

Hi all firstly Myshel im so sorry I can't imagine how tough this is for you - thinking of you!!

I'm so sorry I am not posting often, I do read as much as I can I'm just SO unbelievably busy with work commitments. Having our own business managing staff and we exhibited at the largest UK pet trade show last weekend so I worked 16hr days and they included putting up and down stand so I'm shattered. Also have an ear infection along with blocked sinuses so feeling pretty sorry for my self lol!

So lovely to see all the scan pics and see you talking about names - time is flying by...wonder who the first to deliver will be?!

I will try to keep up better but I'm thinking of you all. X

Hi nimbec, nice to hear from you!

Rq we are using family names so we didn't have to do much thinking. Can you each choose 1 name? I would make a lot of all the names and then decide together which ones you both like.

One thing that I did not mention yesterday is that placenta from baby A is low lying and slightly covering the cervix. If it does not move I will not be able to deliver naturally they will need to give me a C section. Although I really did want to try for a natural I went through a C section before and I can do it again if I need to.
Fingers crossed that the placenta moves over in the coming weeks.

Ok starting to do serious research on Double strollers. My final two contestants are the Bumbleride Indie Twin and Bugaboo Donkey.
Rq and 2have have you thought about doubles yet?

Rebecca - somewhat. I have a double side-by-side that a friend was going to throw away!!! We cleaned it and it is in good shape. DH and I are partial to front-back double strollers so we might look at getting another as our main one while they are younger. We bought infant car seats already for a deal so there are a few strollers that they could snap into. One gets good reviews and is fairly affordable so I think we will look into that one more. There are so many strollers and it is overwhelming. I haven't done as much research as I should, but I also just want to keep it simple, practical, and affordable.

My sis-in-law is throwing a shower for me. My due date is Feb 5th, but with twins it is closer to Jan 15. With the holidays, we are going to have it Nov 6th. SIL is putting a deposit down on a place today and I made a guest list. We need to order invites SOON and that means I need to register soon too. For some reason, this part (just like the strollers) is overwhelming to me. Also, we want to cloth diaper and there are so many options (prefolds, folds, covers, diaper service, etc). I need to do some research but I just can't bring myself to do it......
Unfortunately, I don't have any mom friends so I feel like I am kinda on my own. I also keep thinking about joining a support group but haven't done that either.

Nimbec, nice to hear from you. Sorry work has been manic, I hope you get some down time soon.

Fern, enjoy Cape Town, you deserve a nice break to think about you and the LO.

Arh Rebecca, cute scan pictures, I hope the placenta moves in time for the birth. There is only so much planning you can do isn't there.

RQ, we have our girls name but if it's a boy I think he is going to be nameless! That's nice that your SIL is helping with the baby shower. We don't have them here in the UK although I think people are starting to. I don't have any local mum friends either but hoping to make some at our antenatal classes. I think that's where most people meet other mums with their first born. Do you have any local ones you can attend?

I went to Aquafit this morning and loved being in the water, I am not sure how my little monkey felt about being bounced around in there but it was fun. I was a bit nervous at first with my belly moving and kept holding it but I started to relax as we got into it and it was good. Although I have to say I am exhausted this afternoon, it's the most exercise I have done in months. I will sleep well tonight.

X

Pinkie- the water sounds wonderful with baby. I think I would really enjoy that.

Rq- Lucky for you to get a free stroller. I much prefer the side by sides anyways.
Sorry I can't help much in the cloth diaper department I wonder what most people use. I am eager to register I'm just not sure which store to register at. I really do have most things that we need but I'll still register anyways. We don't do baby showers either people wait till the baby is born to buy a gift.

Rebecca did they put you on pelvic rest? I hope it moves for both of us!

We've picked out our son's name (from the name scrambler website lol!) Second name is my husband's name. But I don't want to share it on a public forum as I'm paranoid about personal info on social media.... previous stalker issues. If anyone is very curious you are welcome to PM me.

My doctor has measured my cervical length at my 12week and emergency appointments.

Nimbec that's insane. I hope you can find a way to scale it down!

Rq I'm glad it's not just me. I feel overwhelmed by the very thought of having a newborn! I'm loving the pregnancy and it's going by so fast. It took me forever to book a hospital tour etc.

Rebecca - my sister has twins and uses a side-by-side. It's really handy to feed them in!! & for when you need to face both of them for whatever reason (storytime etc). But a bit difficult to navigate in shop aisles.

The same as yours, covering the cervix. They told me no orgasms until it moves because the contractions can do something to the placenta and cause bleeding.

The same as yours, covering the cervix. They told me no orgasms until it moves because the contractions can do something to the placenta and cause bleeding.

Oh right i remember reading that. Interesting. Mine is only partially covering not fully covering.
I wonder what my OB will say I'll ask him next week at my appointment. I met with the MFM department in the hospital where they went over my scan results so maybe my OB will say something else.

Yeah I would ask, my MFM was the one who told me no sex, and then when I went in to see my OB I asked her about orgasms and she said no.

Rebecca and froggy I hope both your placentas move up. X

And good job on the sugar froggy!

Pinkie, bouncing around in the water with a heavy belly sounds divine :).

Fern congrats on picking a name. I think other than getting pregnant, and giving birth, that's one of the most challenging items for us. We're both pretty picky about names.

Rebecca & Froggy did they discuss the likelihood that the placentas can move?

Pinkie yes I like aquafit (and deep water running) too. It's low impact and if you want A really good workout you can sweat while still staying cool. When I taught swim lessons I got certified to teach these two types of classes but never went that direction. But to see what other instructors were doing (and how effective it was) I attended lots of classes. It's relaxing too but I slways got really hungry after water workouts, water seems to do that. Enjoy it bella!

RQ lucky to have a double stroller donated. I'm with you on preferring tandem, I like how light and compact they are. I don't want maneuverability problems and oh my, lifting them into the car is a challenge too. Keep it light!

Hi to everyone!
I have my second OB appointment tomorrow. The big question I have for her is how do they turn those second babies around for delivery? YouTube has scared the heck out if me with a doctor shoving his arm up there...three times (poor lady!)

2have, Im not sure what the likelihood of it moving over is. Im going to ask OB next Friday.
Baby B is transverse so that question makes me curious too. I wonder how they will move him after A is born. Ouch!

From what I have read, they have a higher chance of moving at around week 20. If your diagnosed after week 20 the chances of it moving are slightly smaller. Most of the time it moves out of the way, but in the cases it doesn't you are put on bed rest later on and pelvic rest the whole time. It requires a c section, which will be a little earlier than normal to insure you don't go into labor.

Oh bed rest would be haaard! I hope it moves for you ladies.

Rebecca my baby B was transverse too, A is head down. B is up sitting across from rib to rib.

My B was sitting rib to rib too on my anatomy scan. However, she moves everywhere (up side down, one side to another). They have a lot of room to move around right now still so I wouldn't worry about positions too much yet.

Hi all, sorry I've not been online for a while. So sorry to hear about Michelle's loss, thoughts are with her. I had my dating scan yesterday, everything is looking good and edd is 25th March �� Hope everyone else is doing ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->