*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

Hi ladies, ES glad to hear you and the baby are doing well.

So my OB confirmed they do indeed reach up there and move baby into position. If she feels feet, she will pull baby down to deliver breach, if head, she will guide the head into position. Yes please, sign me up for an epidural!! I'm feeling very clear confident about delivery, despite the hand up the hoohaa:wacko:

2have oh no!! lol my baby is in the same position as yours so we can all compare notes after they are born!
Why do they do this when there's twins but a c section when there's a singleton breech? Hmm

Es glad you're doing well!

1 week till me next OB appointment I'm curious what he has to say about the placenta thing. Heading to the airport in a few hours for our family reunion tomorrow night in New York! I am really excited but also had a really tough time with the wardrobe. Proper maternity make me look really large and my regular clothes are too tight. DHs family is in the clothing industry and very judgemental ;)

ES, nice to hear from you and that everything is going well. Congratulations on reaching the second trimester.

2have, they put their arm up there?? :wacko: is that allowed? You're going to be reaching for the ceiling! Have they given you any tips on how to encourage them to move? In my yoga we're told to spend time on all fours each day but I don't know if that is the same for twins. Have they not offered a C Section or would you prefer to try this method?

Rebecca, enjoy NY and I am sure you will look beautiful in whatever you wear, especially with that pregnant glow.

I went to my pregnancy yoga last night which I love, it's so nice to get me and baby time and my yoga teacher is fab, she seems to know everything and provides us with lots of information as well as our yoga lesson. She makes me feel like I can really do this! Yesterday we learnt about preparation for birth with massage and breathing. The perineum massage which I am not sure about 8-[ did any of you mummies try this? And horse lip breathing which helps the perineum open for birth, its much easier for you to google these than me try and explain but basically it's really important to make sure your lips and jaw are completely relaxed to help with pushing which is why they ask you to tug your chin in. DH is going to wonder what the hell I am doing during labour when I am walking around the room like Charlie Chaplin and then doing horse expressions :haha: I don't know how much any of these techniques work but I am trying everything and if sharing this info helps at least one of you then it's worth it. Otherwise please tell me to shut up!

I can't believe it's Friday again already, is anyone up to anything nice weekend? My plans have fallen through last minute which I am gutted about. X

5 months pregnant today aahhh! And I have the day off!! It's 11am and I'm lying around binge watching Grey's anatomy lol.

I feel my son kicking everywhere so it seems like he's still doing a lot of moving around on his own?? I think I'll start trying things to turn him head down only in December?

Hi ladies, Rebecca, they do this with twin pregnancies (hand in to guide bsby down) and not singleton because the path is already open since twin A comes out. With a singleton if they reach in there or touch baby during the delivery it can put baby into that reflex position with back arched, arms out and head back effectively grtting baby stuck. They want baby in tuck position especially when opening may not be all the way open. Enjoy your reunion and walk with your head high...confidence is everything no matter what clothing you wear/how you look.

Hi Pinkie, sunce one baby is head down it's all good, they should actually be able to turn baby B without evn going in there but I have read lots during my first pregnsncy on spinning babies. Downward dog seems to help babies flip, i just hope twin A stsys there with head down position for birth. Lots of time still for them to float around & move. Glad to hear you're enjoying your yoga!!

Fern oh thank goodness for days off yes! I took yesterday afternoon off to get all the treats that we'll need for DD's birthday. And today is my regular (compressed work week) day off. I hired an inexpensive cleaning lady to came yesterday and she did a great job. Now to decorate the house for tomorrow's party. And to try to get DH to keep it semi-clean. He's already filled both of DD's hands with arrowroot biscuits snd let her wander around the house. I told him if she starts crawling and marks up the floors or crumbles thdm he'll b vacuuming /mopping tomorrow-not me! Same goes for using the main toilet, if you use it/drop a log, you clean it!:wacko:

2have, a log!! Lol!! I would be exactly the same. Nothing worse than having everything ready for DH to just undo all the hard work. Happy Birthday to little MacKinley I hope you have a fabulous party tomorrow, she is going love all the attention. I still remember you posting when she was born, I can't believe that was a year ago.

Yes you are right there is still plenty of time of baby B to move and you know exactly what you're doing and if anyone will get that baby moving it will be you.

Fern, enjoy your day off and some relaxing time with the TV and your little boy. I'm jealous you feel movement so much. Mine is still very sporadic, I felt something last weekend but nothing since, I am not worried as it's still early for me with my anterior placenta and apparently I should get more movement after 25 weeks. You might not need to do any exercises to turn your boy, babies should do it on their own, it's only if you need some help nearer the time there are some good moves.

X

Edit: by the way how does everyone work out their months. I go on a 4,4,5 week and worked out I was 5 months at 21 weeks.

I'm cleaning a bit too today, it's just impossible to get the house clean atm with the renovations and us basically living on the porch & our bedroom! Thank heavens it's summer.

Pinkie- I literally count it month by month. I got my bfp on 28 May; so I counted the end of May as month 1. As my edd is 3 Feb, that gives me (in old fashioned terms) May-Jul as 1st tri, Aug-Oct as 2nd tri and Nov-end Jan as 3rd tri. Today being the last day of September I'm counting as 5 months :).

2have - happy birthday DD!!!! Wow one year old already. I hope you have a wonderful day & that your dh doesn't mess up the house too much lol!

Rebecca - enjoy NY!

Hi all. Yay for Friday.

I'm ready for some relaxing time this weekend. We have a painter coming to paint our downstairs ceiling tomorrow. I think I'm going to hide upstairs, do my nails, and let DH take are of it.

DH and I are going to start our baby registry this weekend sometime. I have some checklists and we are going to spend some time walking around a mega baby store and checking everything out. We had a family friend stop by yesterday and bring us 3 totes of boy baby clothes! It was so sweet of her. I think I have a few offers for baby girl hand-me-downs also. We should be all set in the clothes department. I need to do some research into cloth diapering because I am considering registering for cloth diaper supplies also.

Pinkie I meant to say sorry to hear your plans fell through. Relax & enjoy me time:flower:

RQ before you get cloth diapers I highly suggest doing some research into the best ones. There's ALOT of expensive garbage on the market, so many moms quit cloth diapering because of ill fitting, too complicated or leaky cloth diapers. I used this site

https://m.babygearlab.com/Cloth-Diaper-Reviews

to research the best ones and lucked out buying 30 Rumperoos for $100 slighty used and years worth of liners. They have lovely colours too:bunny:

Hope you all have a lovely party today 2have! Would love to see photos. Especially how the cake turned out in the end!

Baby stuff.... I'm SO excited! I just got a whole load of baby gear from my cousin, including a cot with mattress and cot bumpers, feeding chair (that you hook onto a dinner table), co-sleeper (!!!), newborn car seat that can clip out of its adjustable base and clip into a pram, (as well as the pram it fits into), another pram, baby bath seats, formula mixer & warmer machine, various other mattresses, 2 sizes carrycots, baby carrier/sling, changing mat& pad, a whole bag full of bottles & teats & cups for freezing food in, and various toys! It feels like I've won the lotto!!!

Hope you all have a nice weekend :).

Sorry I haven't posted much lately ladies, I read along just don't post. Have fun in NY Rebecca!
Fern that sounds amazing! It's so nice to get hand me downs, especially because they are free!
2have, I second wanting pics of the party, and the cake!

Pinkie I'm glad you are enjoying your yoga! That's awesome!

We toured the pediatrician office and I was so impressed! They have separate buildings for the different ages, newborn center(0-1) , main office (1-12), and the teen center (13-21). Each center also has two different waiting areas, one for sick kids and the other for non sick kids. So that your children aren't exposed to colds and flu or stomach virus if they are coming in for a check up or vaccines. Also, the newborn center us super supportive of breastfeeding. They don't have regular chairs in the waiting room, they have private booths to wait in that have curtains you can pull for privacy while your nursing, and they play very soft classical music with dim lighting to help relax. They even have a private lactation room with dim lighting and a waterfall fountain. They have 3 lactation consultants on staff, who even make house calls so that they can help you latch in your own chair at home.

Froggy - the office sounds wonderful.

2have - thanks for the website info. We have a friend who has cloth diapered two and we're going to pick her brain too.

The ceiling painting went well. We had two guys who completed it within 3.5hrs and did a great job cleaning up. Very nice men.

Have a great weekend!

Fern wow, you did win the baby stuff lotto!! Well done:happydance: if those crib bumpers aren't mesh think hard if you still want to use them. They've been banned in most countries now as babies get stuck against them and choke to death. I had these gorgeous bumpers that matched our set, I was SO sad to give them away. Maybe someone can upcycle them. They went to the thrift store.

Froggy the clinic sounds amazing. So nice when some thought to design has been put into the space.

Fern sounds like you won the jackpot! Nice job with all that babygear.

Froggy that sounds like a super awesome pediatricians office. Sounds really cool.

2have McKinley looks adorable, happy birthday!

My trip has been great so far. Heading to the airport in a few hours to fly home to Chicago.

That's such a cute pic! She looks very happy. :) I know about the bumpers. Thinking of having baby sleep in the co-sleeper or getting mesh bumpers for the first few months and then using the soft ones only later when he is able to roll away.

Rq- yay for one more reno down!

Froggy that clinic sounds AMAZING. I've never even seen something like that around here.

Started my baby registry this weekend and we are all done, except I have to tweak a few things online. I'm going to build an Amazon registry based on what I registered for in stores. Phew! It was a lot of work.

Today a friend came over and brought us a changing table he MADE from scratch. He also included a change pad, diapers, baskets, and a bunch of other accessories. It was an amazing surprise and I love thoughtful, love-filled gifts!! Pic included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->