*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

Quick hello. I have had a crazy day at work and I don't feel like writing much. Hope everyone has a good weekend. Tomorrow DH and I are taking a 7 hour class at the hospital covering labor, newborn care, and breastfeeding.

Fern sounds a bit disappointing to give birth in that environment. Definitely bring along music to change the mood.

2have, 7 hours!! Yikes! Good luck tomorrow!

I'm all done cooking, my legs are throbbing!! DH just has to sweep and wash the floors and grill the chicken.
House smells scrumptious, I'm ready to party! Resting up a bit before they arrive in 2 hours.

How was your party 2have? And your dinner rebecca?

Rq hope you enjoyed your class! We also have a 7hr class with lunch on the 19th of nov. So looking forward to it. :)

I'm loving my Grey's anatomy marathon weekends. Lol I'm up to season 6 already! I was thinking if I could manage it, I could keep a season or two to watch in the hospital... it's on my laptop and I have ear phones. But probably not!

Everything worked out really well. Food was yummy and company was nice.

Fern I'm up to date on Greys anatomy, my favorite show :)

Fern, sorry your hospital was disappointing, the main thing is the care they provide but I think taking some nice things with you to make you more comfortable is a good idea. I really need to book my hospital tour! It's nice your sister has organised a baby shower for you. We don't do them here in the UK although it's starting to be a trend.

I love a good box set and not seen Grey anatomy, I will put that on my list. Anyone into The Walking Dead? New season starts next week and I can't wait.

Froogy, how has the spotting been the last few days?

Rebecca, glad everything went well with the cooking and you enjoyed yourself. I hope DH rubbed those feet at the end of the day.

RQ, I hope you enjoyed your class. We are booked on similar ones end of Nov, I paid for the full course so we get 16 hours over 3 days and I am really looking forward to them.

It's Sunday morning here I was up super early waiting for a delivery. The weather is horrendous so I have no idea what to do with my day now. Maybe I could start grey anatomy. Have a good day ladies X

Pinkie, is your course with NCT? I'm going to go to the free NHS ones, but I've also paid for an NCT course, in January and February. Mine is 13 hours over 9 sessions and then an antenatal meet once all the babies have been born.

I'm really looking forward to it. I'm a bit older and a professional and I'm worried that the NHS ones will be huge classes of young, non working mums and I will find it hard to have much in common. My friends have all stayed in touch with the mums they met through NCT classes.

Ellie, lol, that's one of the reasons I am not so keen to attend the NHS ones. But I think the hospital tour and antenatal class are one session. Yes I have booked on the NCT classes, I have heard great things about them and I hope I get to meet other mums. X

Hi ladies, froggy how's the bleeding been? I hope it's all over now, you don't need that kind of stress.

I haven't watched grey's anatomy but I've watched soooo many other great series on Netflix. I have to see if the new season of Doc Martin is up yet. We're watching The Good Wife, House of Cards, and Pinkie I need to catch up on the walking dead.

Fern sorry to hear about the hospital setting. It's such a short amount if time that you're in there...half will be a big blur because you'll be in SO much pain (at least it was a blur for me anyway) and the other half you'll be trying to feed your baby. Just ensure that DH or a gf can be there night or day when you deliver. I had a friend in the UK who delivered and after 11pm and due to their visiting hours policy, she wasn't allowed her DH in with her, that would be horrifying to me!

The group birthday party was fantastic. We had 9 couples snd their wee ones over. It was nice to see how each is progressing & DD loved playing with kids her own age. There was sooo much food and I asked them to take their food home but they didn't. So I need to make soup & freeze it!

Glad all the parties/dinners went well.

Our class was good. The first half was on labor/delivery. The second half covered newborn care and breastfeeding. It was helpful, although not earth shattering. We are attending a multiples class next week after work. Hopefully we will learn some things to help.

Half my weekend was taken up by class. We went to a festival yesterday, but it was non-stop rain. Even with umbrellas, we didn't stay long. Everyone was huddled under tents and it was really hard to get in and out of areas to view anything. When we got home, I settled into the couch with a body pillow and took a nap. I was having a really good nap until my dog decided he wanted to join me and woke me up. Then I had to pee and couldn't get settled back down.

Today, a roofing company came over first thing and started to put on a new roof. They should have the whole house roofed by mid afternoon. Amazing how fast they can get that stuff done! This week my mother in law is visiting from Florida. My sister-in-law is getting a divorce and we weren't sure if she was going to have to go to court this week. My MIL came up just in case to offer support.

I hit 24 weeks this weekend. Hard to believe I am "6 month pregnant". With twins I am due in 3 months! Crazy to think about.

RQ you're life sounds very busy, I can relate to so much you said in your last few posts! Congrats on the 6 month date with twins, time is flying by. Are you guys keeping in touch with your birthing class? We just hosted the group birthday for those couples and it was SO interesting to see how each baby has progressed. MacKinley is working on her 7th tooth now and some babies still don't have any. One little boy had already been for 3 haircuts lol. MacKinley is almost ready for her first. Only maybe 3 babies were walking out of 9 at 1 year old. It'll be interesting to see how our twins do and if one will grow faster than the other.

Well we managed to sell my car last week, I never want to sell another car for a very very long time. What made it worse it that we had to give test drives to countless young punks because of the kind of car it is, it seems to attract a certain genre of buyer, especially second hand. Both DH and I had at least 1 young crazy each who floored the gas going into a local intersection and nearly made us poop our pants They would then low ball us on the car and get all upset when they didn't achieve a sale (OMG it was painful) So DH just stopped letting people drive it, he would drive when he took them for a spin and I sold the car after my terrible experience to the next person who came to see it. It was a lovely couple helping their 18 year old son buy his first car and he had his heart set on this car. I drove with the dad who was very calm and collected, he made a good offer and I was happy to see it leave my property and take the ad down! They later texted me telling me their son was ecstatic, SOOO excited and absolutely loves his new car - from shaking with fear and nervous energy and feeling deflated with another low ball offer to feeling fantastic within hours. I was completely worn out after that.

Today after work I'm going pick up our new 7 seater SUV (we decided on the Nissan Pathfinder) and the silver lining is that the insurance is lower on this new car compared to my 10 year old Acura RSX type S, apparently because of the type of vehicle it is (and the demographic that likes to buy each). There's loads of room for the kids to have all three car seats together in the middle row and easy access for an adult to the third row (with the car seats in). I think one of us will be in that third row for any drives longer than 25 minutes as DD always seems to fuss and need snacks, drinks, toys or something to be entertained. With three it might be easier for them to entertain themselves, we'll see! My favourite part is hopping up into the captains chair to drive it rather than down low and then peeling myself out. I'm obviously too old for that stuff now

Happy V-Day rq! I hope you enjoy your visit with your mil!

Fern, I hope the experience and the staff can over compensate for the fact that the facility isn't so nice.

Rebecca glad all went well with the dinners!!

2have I hope you enjoy your new car!

I hope you enjoyed your next fix day pinkie!

I haven't had anymore spotting, thank you Jesus. It really stressed me out. I took 4 days off from going for my walks just to let myself rest. I have been soooo tired lately, like first tri tired. And I think it's affecting my fasting glucose levels. They have been a few points higher than the recommended. I sent my levels into the MFM this morning, so I'm curious to see what they say. It isn't horribly high, only about 3 it 4 points, and my post meal numbers are still great. Anyone else get a sore baby bump? It was so hard to get up and down last night to pee, and try to switch positions in the middle of the night because my bump is really sore. I guess it's growing.

I'm having a small baby shower on November 19th with maybe 4 or 5 people and I'm super excited. I didn't think i was going to have a shower! Anyone else know when they will have a shower?

Hope you all had a good weekend!

Froggy glad to hear you're not spotting anymore, sorry to hear about your tiredness and higher glucose levels. I read that my numb arms are from higher glucose levels. How they explained how diabetes affects us is that glucose makes superglue out of your tendons causing them to have much friction when they should normally slide smoothly across one and other and this can cause nerve pain. It's most common outcome is carpal tunnel syndrome or like what I think I have cubital tunnel syndrome (cubital spans from the root of the nerve in the neck down to the fingertips). Hopefully you don't get any of this but do keep a look out. It'll go away when your pregnancy ends. They say that carpal tunnel can be a precursor indication that you'll get diabetes later on, I hope none of us gets that!

RQ, glad the class went well and you found it useful.

2have, enjoy your new car, it sounds perfect for the kids. Our search has come to a halt but we need to get back on it before DH starts his new job next month, otherwise I am going to have start getting up super early to drop him at the station. It's not too bad while I am still pregnant but when baby comes that is not going to be practical. Glad the party went well it must have been lovely to see all the little ones again. I am sure MacKinley slept well that night.

Froggy, so glad the spotting has stop, even though its nothing to worry about i can imagine it's very stressful. Hope that is the last of it now. I hope your glucose levels stabilise too. I don't have a sore bump but still get achy hips, my pregnancy pillow is helping. It might be your bump stretching that is causing it to be uncomfortable. Keep it well moisturised so it doesn't get too dry and sore.

Anyone noticed a change in their skin? My face is as clear as it's ever been but I have noticed I have developed a few skin tags on my body. I have a couple of my stomach, under my boobs, chest and neck. Or they feel like moles/freckles that have started to raise, they were definitely not there before.

It's DH birthday today and we are going out for dinner tonight with some of his family. I really hope I can manage to order and eat something. I have good days and bad days so really hoping today is a good one.

I have been feeling lots more movement from baby in the last week (finally!! there must be some cushion in there). It's been so nice, everytime I get movement I talk to my bump telling it what a good boy or girl they are being for letting mummy know they are ok.

How is everyone else doing? X

Pinkie I haven't noticed any difference in my skin. Yay for feeling baby more! Have fun with dh. My dh has a birthday on Saturday.

I hit double digits ladies! 99 days until my guy is due.

Ohhhh double digits are exciting Froggy! Have fun with the baby shower. We normally just do meet n greets for the babies and request no gifts but everyone brought gifts for MacKinley last time and they threw me a surprise shower at work. I'm not expecting anything this time, we'll do a meet n greet again and request again no gifts.
Pinkie glad you're able to feel more movements, it's really very reassuring isn't it? I have only super clear skin to thank every pregnancy. No other issues really. All the best with the search, getting up early when you've been up all night with a newborn would NOT be fun:nope:
How's everyone else doing?

2have - my life has been busy this month. We like to do a lot in the fall and with working extra at the hospital, I have been busy most days. Thankfully next month and December will calm down. We hope to get all the baby stuff ready during those months. Yay on your car. I'm glad you got everything worked out.

Froggy - I'm so glad the spotting stopped! I'm tired off and on some days also. And YES my bump gets sore. Usually lower is where I feel it. I am sore a few days then it goes away and then I'm sore again. I think it is kinda like growth spurts.
My SIL and best friend are throwing me a shower on Nov 5th. It will be a bigger one but we have a lot of family. They are keeping the theme a lot of secrets so I helped with the guest list and I'll help with the food but everything else is a surprise.

Just dropping in to say hi. Things have been a bit hectic.
Thankfully I'm doing well and looking forward to my appointment Friday. Almost 24 weeks :)

We don't really do baby showers. people often give you gifts once the baby has arrived, but you don't have a party as such. The first proper party for the baby is the christening.
I'm nearly 19 weeks and it's only 6 days until my anomaly scan. I hope Bee behaves and we get a good view of the gender. I'm so excited to see my baby again, especially as I've been feeling some proper flutters over the past few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->