*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

Good luck Rq, hope your appointment goes well.
I also have my glucose today along with a scan and OB visit.
Slept very poorly last night due to my cold.

Good luck with your glucose ladies!!

Not much to report over here. We have a chicco key fit 30 carseat and I'm getting the caddy that goes with it. It's similar to the snap and go, but specifically for the keyfit. I have a Graco stroller that was given to me that we will use when he is bigger.

RQ that sounds like quite the line up of things to get done at the OB appointment, gl with it all.
Fern so glad to hear both work and renos are winding up. Third trimester will be really great to put those feet up and relax! Like me though in my downtime, you may have to figure out ways not to let DH get to you. It hasn't been too bad for us lately but we're still doing counselling, actually have an appointment today.

Rebecca gl with your OB appt and sorry to hear your sleep was crap. I didn't have the super raw throat this morning but more congestion than anything and DH woke me as I was thrashing my arms around last night. I'm so exhausted I'm not waking up when my arms start throbbing, just thrashing now and it's waking DH up (oops). He was awesome about it though and gave me a massage.

How's everyone else doing? Anything exciting happening this weekend? We've got a dinner for mom's bday on Friday as well as an art market to attend. Then maybe I'll get to cleaning up and decorating the twins nursery this weekend. I've taken the week off next week so between decorating and hitting the gym and DD, my energy will be zapped. Have to find a way to get these arms to stop throbbing at night even if it includes dragging my sorry arse to the gym.

2have, we don't have much planned. We will just be hitting the mall for some new boots for me and a new shirt for dh because next weekend we are taking our maternity photos. It's also my shower next weekend so super busy!! I think dh wanted to BBQ one night this weekend so that's probably going to be about all!

Froggy that's REALLY exciting about your mat shots and shower, what fun! Good luck shopping and with the BBQ this weekend.

I did sort out the maternity & newborn shots with our photographer...we've decided to do hospital shots instead of more maternity shots. Is that crazy or what? I proposed it to her and said it might be really interesting to get a birth story in the ER with twins through the lens. She lives 5 minutes from the hospital and so when I start labour I'll tell her and update her when we go to the hospital. I have to OK it through my OB as we'll be in the operating room for twins with a schwack of staff. I think I"ll offer my doctor some professional shots of her at work, if I were a doctor I think that would be neat to have this on the wall. Scrubs delivering twins, in an artistic composition. It'll be exciting. I was a total mess with DD clinging to my bed rail hyperventilating with pain as my labour was so flippen fast and painful. So 'll follow my OB's advice and get in earlier to have the epi and hopefully have a better presence of mind and body through labour this time. My photographer usually charges $900 for 2 sittings (maternity & newborn) as well as a copy of the images and a digital keyfob for enlargements/copies. She gave us a discount though and it'll come to $720 for all of it (super happy about that).

Hi girls. I don't post much, but I'm always reading and cheering you all on.
I can't believe I'll be 22 weeks tomorrow, it's getting towards the pointy end now! Exciting that so many of you are into third tri and going over birth plans etc. I see my midwife again in 2 weeks and then a growth scan 4 weeks after that, just before Christmas.
Our nursery is looking so cute now! MIL gave us a load of blankets and other things at the weekend. She has knitted so many gorgeous baby clothes, I'm overwhelmed by how adorable they are.

Sorry a few of you have been ill. I have escaped the lurgy so far, but was off for a couple of days this week on doctor's advice, after heavy cramping on Sunday night.

Sorry I had a crazy afternoon. My OB appointment was good.
Babies are good and they moved again. A (girl) is still head down but B (boy) is now back to breach. My placenta issue has resolved however my OB still wants to do a C section I'm gonna discuss with him again in a few weeks.
I'll get the results of the glucose tomorrow.
I have an appointment on Wednesday with a lactation consultant. She will help prepare me for nursing twins, pick out my breast pump, and ordering a nursing pillow or any accessories I may need.

2have that sounds like a really cool idea for a photo shoot, I hope you'll get awesome pictures!!
Ellie you're not too far behind :) nice that you're getting your nursery set up. I've gotten through all the stuff we've been storing in the nursery over the past few years. I have a pile to give away and a small pile for storage.
We have an exersize machine which needs to be moved to the basement and an extra bed in the room. Other than that the crib is ready to be built. I'm still up in the air about painting. Right now it's blue and I'm deciding if I should bother with repainting. I love my color selections I'm just not in the mood to deal with the hassle, smell, and mess of painting.

Happy shopping froggy, I hope you're successful and find the right boots and shirt. Can't wait to see your maternity photos!

RQ, I hope your appointment went well?

Froggy, enjoy your shopping trip.

2have, your photo shoot sounds pretty cool. Is she prepared for being shouted at while you are trying to cope with labour ha ha? Enjoy doing the twins nursery this weekend, don't over it especially with you being so poorly recently.

Ellie, nice to hear from you. Glad everything is going well and you are not too far behind the rest of us. I found once I got to 20 weeks time started going quicker. I love knitted clothes, I have hinted to my MIL as she is good with a needle.

Rebecca, glad the appointment went well and good luck with the glucose results. I feel the same as you about our nursery, it's white and looks fine but could do with a fresh coat but I can't be bothered. We were going to get our painter to do it in a soft grey but I am reluctant to spend the money when we have so much to pay out for. We'll see, I might have a burst of energy when DH goes back to work.

We got our tailored fabric set, canopy and footmuff for the carrycot and stroller delivered today, it looks so fab. I can't wait to put my newborn in it, it looks so cosy. We can use the carrycot for during the day and overnight sleeping too which is great as I can use it when we go visiting and also while I am downstairs, saves me bringing the Moses basket up and down everyday. I am getting excited about the smallest things at the moment.

Not sure what we are doing this weekend, we really need to test drive some cars, we looked at loads and narrowed it down to 3 and done nothing since. A bit nervous about leaving it too much longer as I need to look at car seats or baby won't be coming home!!

X

Pinkie good luck with test driving the cars. I hope you get something great! I'm going with the maxi cosi max 30 car seats. Nice modern design, safe car seats, decent price :)

I passed my glucose test. I wasn't too worried but I'm glad I passed and it's over with.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Wow! So much going on here the last few days.

I'm gonna write and run today because I'm taking a quick break from my work. My MD apt was good. The babies measured 2.5 lbs each and approx. 1 week ahead. Doctor was VERY happy with that. I got my TDAP and now I have a huge, red, painful lump on my arm. I hope it goes away fast. I passed my glucose test so I was happy about that. They also tested me for anemia but didn't say anything about my results so I'm going to assume they are within normal limits. 3rd trimester tomorrow. Crazy how time is flying.

DH's cousin sent us the pics from the baby shower. They turned out great. I will post a pic of DH and me at the baby shower in the next reply.

Have a good rest of the weekend!!

Pic from baby shower.

Attachments

• IMG_5847.jpg
    IMG_5847.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 18
Congrats on passing glucose test Rebecca and rq!

So happy to hear the previa has resolved Rebecca! That's great news!

Love the pic rq, and I LOVE the names!! I don't know that you had posted them yet, or maybe I just missed them.

We found dh the perfect shirt. It's a plaid, but small stripe plaid shirt. It has the exact color blue as my dress and grey lines with a white background, and he will wear a cabbie hat that matches the Grey stripes. Now all we need to do is find my boots!

Wow what a nice pic rq, looks like the family really went to a lot of effort to make the day memorable! And I also LOVE the names!!

Froggy- yay for a perfect mat shoot outfit, so exciting :). Hope you find your perfect boots!

Ellie belle, happy to hear from you and so glad you're still doing well. Time sure is flying!

Rebecca and rq- glad all your tests came back normal. One less thing to worry about for now.

2have - hope you get some rest this weekend between everything, and just a good night's sleep. Everything else is such a drag if sleeping is impossible. Glad to hear that counselling is still going ok. My husband and I'm living really separate lives and still sleeping in separate rooms. If he doesn't agree to counselling Idk how things will get better.

Pinkie- travel systems oh boy! We have all the free items but I can't work out how to use them &where all the clips and locks go haha! I had to google how to unlock the pram! So I'm also quite nervous about it and will have to figure out the details and practice before baby comes :). Gl with yours!!

Anyone else have super clingy pets? My cats are both very attached to me (and I to them) but they're starting to be like velcro lol! If I go for a swim they sit at the edge of the pool and stare at me, they stand and whine at the door to the loo, sleep on top of me in this summer heat etc! They definitely know I'm pregnant and are going to have a hard time getting less attention when Baby is born!

Fern, you tube have a lot of useful videos on how to use travel systems, people demonstrate how to put them together and get the best use out of them etc. I am definitely going to need a practice with mine. You should have seen DH and I trying to get it on the boot after we brought it, it was embarrassing haha.

We don't have pets but I hear they do know you are pregnant. Hopefully they will love baby just as much as you and become his protectors.

I hope everyone had a nice weekend, for some reason I have been feeling a little sick on and off the last few days, wondering if baby is moving a bit more and it's making me feel out of sorts? Who knows. I have my 28 week growth scan tomorrow, I am really looking forward to it.

X

Exhausting day today. Lots of errands and grocery shopping. I'm ready to pass out on the couch but I still need to bathe dd and get her to bed.
Took her to her first swim lesson today. It was a little tough she was crying for most of it but I think she'll get the hang of it soon!
Good luck pinkie on your scan this week. I hope you feel good and your baby is going well.
Fern we don't have pets but I can imagine they for sure know there's something cooking :)

Fern, my dogs already acted like that, but it has definitely gotten 1000 times worse! I have the babies room gated off so they can't go in there and they just sit that the gate and wait for me to come out. I can't remember the last time I went to the bathroom without one of them pushing open the door or sticking their paws under the door.

Pets are so funny, whenever my sister comes to visit she brings her two dogs and when she goes to the bathroom they sit outside the door until she comes out. Not even her own kids use to do that ha ha.

Rebecca, I hope you got a good night sleep and feeling better. I am sure a swimming lesson is a little daunting at first but hopefully DD will get to love it.

We had our 28 week scan today, gosh my baby is so beautiful (biased I know!) we ticked every box, all of baby's measurements were bang on track, laying transverse but plenty of time to move, weighing 2lbs13oz. Urine and blood pressure perfect so everyone is really happy. We got to see the consultant too who discharged us from the clinic, feels strange that we have no more scans and next time I see my baby will be after it is born. Time to do some shopping :winkwink:

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->