*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

2have thank you I will look at buying that bra.
Scan was good. Baby A measures 2.11 and baby B is 2.13.
They confirmed that there are actually 4 legs in my ribs. Ouch ouch ouch!!!

Glad your scan went well Rebecca, sheesh no wonder you are in pain! :)

My son is already an estimated 3,85lb! (1,75 kg). Reeeaaallly hoping he just takes after his dad. I am currently lying down in the clinic, having just had the 75g glucose yuck gross. Shame my baby is kicking like crazy from all this sugar...

Thanks 2have. The test itself sucked but I didn't get too sick, just felt disgusted by the drink and uncomfortable on the clinic bed lol. I got home, ate some protein, exercised, then half an hour later crashed really hard... I was shaking and almost fainted. So I had a slice of whole grain seeded bread & cheese and slept until 3pm!

Hoping to get the results tomorrow. It's my 35th birthday and I'll be 30 weeks! We have a celebration dinner planned, on Saturday I might have my surprise baby shower :) etc so I want to know if I can have a piece of cake or dessert or start following a GD diet plan. (I started with that today just in case though...)

How is everyone else doing?

I really hope you pass fern!

Happy thanksgiving to the Americans. We aren't doing any family stuff today for thanksgiving since they are all so far away. DH and I are going to a movie and found a few restaurants open today so we will go out to eat after. I will probably just face time with my family later. Hope everyone has a good day

Thanks Froggy.
Oh yeah just came back to also wish you us ladies a happy thanksgiving :) I'm so thankful for you all!!

My 35th birthday today and I'm 30 weeks!! Now just hoping for good news from the doctor.

Hope you all have a great weekend. Is anyone braving black friday? It's a "thing" here now too. I just came to the mall to have that long-awaited wax done... full bikini wax, was really not as bad as I had dreaded it to be. Sure it was more painful than before I was preggies but all in all definitely worth it!

Happy happy birthday fern!!! Hope your day is great!!

I was going to go out, dh didn't like the idea. I had my eyes set on a camera, but ended up using a portion my camera money to get a new phone. I got the iPhone 7 plus. It's my first apple, I have always been an android girl. So far so good! I'll just watch the cameras and hope they go back on sale!

Happy happy birthday Fern!! I hope it's a really great day for you and the start of an amazing year as a MOM!!
Happy week 30! I'm celebrating week 29 today :)

Happy birthday Fern. Hope it was a great day for you.

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. I worked the morning shift and spent some quality time with my family in the evening. I'm back at the hospital today for probably my last shift. The extra money will come in handy when DH leaves work to be a stay at home daddy. I'm so lucky to have such a great DH.

DH is at home doing some stuff around the house and getting the Christmas stuff out. Every year our best friends come over on the day after Thanksgiving and they decorate our tree with us. It's been a tradition for YEARS. Can't believe it is our last Christmas without kids! This year our friends and DH all bought onesie pajamas and are excited to hang out in pajamas! Our friends are TOO FUNNY (and extremely silly)!!

DH is also getting a haircut today for our holiday pics tomorrow. I hope they turn out well. I want to use one of the pics and order some photo Christmas cards. We have never done that, but I think it would be fun this year.

Rq I'm glad your done with your extra shifts at the hospital. I'm sure you're so glad you did it, it's nice to have the extra cash before the babies.

DH comes home today, he's been away since Sunday. Bit of a challenging week with dd sick.

Just had my baby shower! It was ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!! My MIL made so many handmade gifts and so much decor, it was like walking into a fairytale. I'm still utterly overwhelmed. We got a lot of clothes but also lots of other practical gifts. So excited and I can't wait to start packing and sorting everything!

Fern so glad to hear! Happy belated birthday!

Hi to all. Very busy the past few days will update more tomorrow afternoon.

A lady a few blocks from us gave birth to twin boys on Wednesday. I only heard bits and pieces but sounds like she was about 2 months early and I heard one of the babies was not doing great. I'm so grateful that all of us are still pregnant and we're all past the stage of micro preemies. My OB told me that my babies have greater than 90% chance of survival at this point, kind of a relief. Of course I'm really hoping to get to 36 weeks.

Weekend has been nice so far, meeting some friends tonight for dinner.

Oh no, that's so sad. I hope her babies make it.

I'll be more relaxed once I get into the third tri. I still can't shake the fear that I won't have a living baby at the end of this.

Ellie, that's right you are a few weeks behind. But 24 weeks is a milestone as it is considered the week of viability. Let's all get to full term ;)

My colleague had twins at 25 weeks and they had to have heart eye and other surgeries. They still have physical problems they have to get therapy for. The more they bake the better it is! They measure my cervix every 3 weeks and it's always at more than 4cm length, they like you to be over 2 cm so that you don't have a chance of early birth.

We're off to get holiday photos done today with grandma. I had a terrible sleep with numb arms even sleeping on my back. Have been in the gym working out to see if getting better circulation helps clear this up but so far it's not working. Will try for another week.
I hope everyone's having a great weekend!

2have that sounds really tough that she had to go through all that. As anxious as I am to give birth already i want healthy babies so if that means another 6-9 weeks then so be it.
I had a friend who had twins early (don't recall how early) and one of the twins developed neck and did not make it. It was a very sad time. The other twin is now 5 and a regular happy little girl.
She had a baby in June and was really anxious and obsessed about giving birth and she kept saying how she needed the baby out. She convinced her doctor to induce her at 39 weeks. But from about 35 weeks until the end she kept asking me about castor oil and all different methods of natural induction and I kept telling her how silly she was that her baby needed every extra day to finish.
We are all pretty close to the home stretch and will meet our children very soon and I just can't wait for all of us

I'm SO not ready for him to be born yet!! I have so much left to do... and I'm not ready to stop being pregnant and nurturing him in my womb yet, if that makes sense. Well I think we are all past the first viability milestone now and every day that they are still "baking" is a blessing :). I'm praying that none of us has preemies though.

2have - how was your photo shoot?

Have a lovely week all! We have another big function /dinner tonight and I still don't have my GD test results...

Hi Fern, have fun at your big dinner! You're almost down to the 2 month mark:happydance: I want this pregnancy over simply because of my sleep issues and carpal tunnel but I'm not wanting to deliver these twins until I'm days from the induction due date, baking as long as they possibly can for good health. I can only hope that most mothers would want this for their babies, when we sign up for this we take on the responsibilities of all pregnancy issues, including tough sleeping problems, spd, GD, and whatever else it may hand us.

Rebecca your friend sounds really young and maybe a little self centred (I have a friend just like that although she's 39 and there's just no excuse for her choosing to not vaccinate her baby and all of the other selfish things she's chosen to do).

Our 'Rustic Christmas' photo session went great. DD was obsessed with the sparkly snow and loved making a mess digging her hands into it. The photographer was still shooting her well after she'd declared the session over lol. We'll get the photos in a week so I'm excited to see the outcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->