Assisted Conception Thread :) *updated members list pg1*

Mrs G - my biggest was 1lb 2oz smaller than your baby girl :haha: Mine together were (5lbs 3 and 3lbs 15.5) so 9lbs 2.5oz. Remember I gave birth at 35+4 so they hadn't been inside putting on weight as they should have been. My biggest is now 6lbs 1oz which seems enormous to me at the moment - after she's eaten I'm amazed at how heavy that feels! :haha: I've not dared stand on hte scales - I know I'm back into my pre pregnancy (but not slimmest) jeans so I'm happy with that at hte moment. I've a little over hang over the c-section scar but I'm not too bothered at the moment if I'm honest.

hope everyone is well and enjoying their babies :hugs:

Oh yeah, I can't do the maths, actually I can, I just forgot the weight of my daughter!!!!! Lol

G what pump are you using? I can get 4oz in 10 minutes - when I used a manual with Harry, I only ever managed 2oz from both boobs after about an hour's effort!

I'm using a medela swing single pump. I've just got nearly 3 fl oz out of one boob in 15 mins, I think it depends on how relaxed I am, also isobels feeding has dropped off a bit and she is going longer between feeds so my boobs were fully, I expressed on the right after she fed for 10 mins, now she's feeding on the left so I will give it twenty mins when she's finished and see if I can get any out. I'm only expressing once a day.

Apparently early morning is best, if that helps. i know you've probably heard it all.... x

How's everyone doing? I've moved over into the breastfeeding forum, in particular the middle of the night thread for posting in the middle of the night!!!!!

Any news on Britt and kinley?

I proper put my foot in it today, my boss's wife is pregnant and had her 20 week scan last week, i asked the sex and then said I assume everything is ok and it wasn't, I didn't know what to say or where to put myself, especially as it was in front of everyone and he was keeping it quiet! Apparently they couldn't see a stomach and there was a lot if swelling around the organs. I can't even begin to imagine what they are going through, the 20 week scan should be a fantastic experience instead they've got all this worry. They find out tomorrow if the pregnancy is viable or not.

My little fatty is getting fatter, does anyone have issues with boss eyes? Isobel keeps looking crosseyed, from what I've read it's quite normal at this age and when she starts to focus better it will improve but it does worry me.

oh yes, Soph does crosseyes whenever she tries to focus - especially when we're too close!

hey ladies, so sorry i havent updated in so long, just never seemed to have any time when the babies were in special care, between visiting, expressing, sleeping and eating there weren't enough hours in the day!

first of all I have to send massive hugs to Britt and her family. Couldn't believe the news when I read it, so so sad, it's hard to put anthing into words. Kinley is absolutely beautiful though and it sounds like she is making great progress, I hope that things continue well.

my twins came home from hospital last Thursday and are doing really well. It's bizarre looking at them thinking that in theory they should still be in my belly! It took a while to build up my milk supply after the blood loss and with the anaemia but we got there eventually and i am now exclusively bf them both which feels amazing. I tandem feed them occassionally but it's a bit of a faff as they need winding part way through the feed and i don't have enough hands so its easier to feed them singly for now! I went to a bf class before they were born and found that the tips I learnt there really helped when it came to positioning and latching. Anyways, grumblings coming from the cot so will leave you with a pic of the babies and a promise to try and catch up more often!

https://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg201/karina4449/P1060298-1.jpg

Breastfeeding twins? Sod that.... :rofl:

Theyre beautiful! It's funny, Sophie has so much hair that bald babies look weird to me now! I reckon my super hairy girl probably looks quite funny to you girls with baldies!

I'm not sure if I've posted a pic recently so here she is :D

https://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c306/lefunch/IMAG0551.jpg

Ah lovely photos, mines a baldy at the front and a bit fair on back! Can't believe how much hair Sophie has!

Mars, I can't believe you are ebb, way to go girl! I'm finding it tough with one especially when she cluster feeds! In fact my nipples were so tired yesterday morning that I cheated and expressed and fed her the milk with a bottle but it just gave them a rest, she's developed a habit of falling asleep whilst feeding then waking with a start and almost ripping my nipple off or constantly fussing with it.

Is everyone doing ok and loving motherhood! I can't believe that we produced this wonderful baby girl, she has grown so much and has personality already, at 5 weeks she was 9lb 14 what a little fatty! I also look down at her feeding and she is a spit of her 20 week scan, who needs 3d scans, I can't getover the likeness! She is also the spit of her dad!

Just wondered how everyone is getting on? Hope you are all well and babies doing good :)

All well here - loving my girls (I want more!). One is me with my hubby's colouring and the other is so my hubby with my colouring! haha

MM - glad you joined the other place too :)

anyway *take care to all* Is there any update on Britt and Kinley - hope all is going ok and positively *hugs*

Hi, nice to hear from someone, I never see any of you over in baby club. We're doing great, Isobel is just like her dad and growing up so fast! I'm still breast feeding and loving it, not looking forward to weaning after Xmas though ��

Isobel was weighed almost 2 weeks ago and was 14 14! My little chunker!

Evening! No recent update from britt. She messaged me last week and I understand little kinley is still fighting.

Sophie is doing really well, sitting up on her own (a bit wobbily!) And has been having a tiny bit of baby rice once a day, but still breastfed. She's got bags of character and she's a sheer joy! Despite her forgetting how to sleep for more than 4 hours at a time!

Hey, quick update to anyone still subscribed. Have spoken to Britt a couple of times. Kinley is still fighting but still in hospital and very poorly. I believe the prognosis is not great and Britt is making the most of her as much as she possibly can. A terribly sad situation, and so, so unnecessary. :(

Hope this finds you all well x

Thanks for the update. Give Britt my regards if u speak again.

Hope you and Sophie (and Harry) are doing well.

I'm still loving being a mummy but this maternity leave is going too quick, how's everyone else doing, a little update from you all would be lovely x take care

Yeah we're great thanks. Weaning but still bf'ing. She's sitting up, rolling and saying first words. No teeth yet though! She's a real sunbeam, the happiest baby I've ever known!

Wanted to say hi again (MM I do see you on the other place but I'm not posting that much in the twins thread nowadays). How is everyone doing? Any news of Britt and Kinley?

We are all doing fine - girls growing so fast...... we are doing BLW slowly and steadily. They are such personalities - L is so sweet and a real mummy's girl, P is a little devil she's hilarious! Not crawling yet but don't think it'll be long for P to start! Still not said mummy but dadadada is always there now (typical eh!).

Right back to the girls it's food time - we got up late so all timings are a bit off today.

Hope you are all well and the bubs are growing and doing as they should! Anyone onto the next one yet? We'd love to but I don't want to do ivf again ................... (if there was a definate success rate and it were cheaper we'd probably do it again in a heartbeat!) :hugs:

Hi ahbon, nice to hear you're all doing well. Things good this end, Isobel is a little monkey, just this minute she's dropped her pancake on the floor then instantly looked at me with a devious little smile! So cute, I absolutely adore her.

At almost 8 months old she is progressing slowly but surely, she sits up nice and tall but still has a wobble backwards now and again so I have to watch her or put cushions behind her still, she also loses balance when reaching for her toys which results in unwanted tummy time which she instantly corrects with a roll onto her back, then she is stuck!

I don't think she'll be that into crawling, she prefers to shuffle forward on her bum or stand and practice walking with mummy. At least she pretty much stays put still!

Feeding wise is good, sort of, we too are doing blw, but not sticking to rules, after 2.5 months she will finally take a spoon from me and thus opening up a whole new area of taste such as yoghurt, porridge, custard etc etc. she has drank water since 6 months out of a sippy cup but milk wise we're still breast feeding every 3 hours - even through the night doh!

She is a very well natured baby, quiet in relation to her peers at baby groups but she is very happy, she loved books and singing, being hung upside down, laying with her head dangling upside down, raspberries, being lifted up and down in the air, swimming - in fact she loves everything! (apart from sttn!)

As for another one, I'm due back to work in July, I keep thinking of my little frostie - but whilst I've had a easy, it has been tough, even the pregnancy, birth, newborn stage, weaning!!!! I've enjoyed it all but not sure I could do it again, especially if the next one wasn't so easy!

Hope to see some more updates, I'm loitering in baby club nowadays, but it's not a patch on the support you guys gave me through my ivf journey x

hey, good to hear from you all.

Sophie is doing well. Her progress is more or less identical to her brother's. Hitting milestones at the same age, both the same size etc. She's also not crawling but Harry didnt til 10 months and I'm not worried - she'll get it in the end and am enjoying more time with her staying where I leave her!

Ahbon funnily enough I spoke to Britt yesterday. Kinley is still fighting on, bless her heart. She has very few reactions and responses but apparently does love cuddles with Mummy. she is still living in a children's hospital and Britt believes that she would suffer and not survive if she were brought home. i can't imagine being in such a terrible limbo.

Hello my lovelies!! Was just dropping by to say a huge hello and to catch up! Hope all is well! Please send my love and regards to britt and kinley x x x
I cant believe how time has flown, harry is 9months this week! He's almost walking, has 6 teeth almost through and is Defo keeping us on our toes! I swear he's developing so quick cos he's ivf - strongest egg and sperm etc! Went back to work full time at beginning of Feb, how tired!?! Am Defo looking forward to my first mothers day, even though harry gave me the gift of a headcold!

Much much love ladies, and happy 1st mothers day! X x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->