• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Aug / Sept IVF UPDATED ROLE CALL (9.19.12 - AM)

Hi ladies, my amh was 54.6, so way above normal, and very high risk of ohss, that's y we r doing short protocol.
@ mobaby r u with Nhs? Wats the next app for u?
Xx

i wish i was nhs! im in the states and self funded.... next step is af coming. she is almost 5 days past due..i think when af arrives i can start bcp (i have to call and see if i can be bumped up a couple of weeks when it arrives). i will need trial transfer and the saline sonogram for the third time because of my recent surgery.

I think my body is confused as what to do... I had failed cycle in november with an immediate next cycle.... with transfer in jan which was a bfp but baby didnt progress past 7 w so i opted for d/c.. af went missing for 8 weeks...then for 5 more! Then I did bcp in prep for july cycle... but I had a fibroid that had grown out of control so then I needed surgery and hysteroscopy and hemihysterectomy (i have an abnormal uterus apparently) so i stayed on bcp for 5w or so...then had withdrawl bleed from bcp now waiting for af! So i think my body is like whay is going on! prior to this i was perfect 28 day cycle, with ovulation b/n days 13-15.

i dont know about the amh level as my clinic does it on a scale of 1,2,3... I was a 2.1 which is considered normal fertility. i am only doing a short protocol to try to switch things up since i did 2 cycles with the same protocol and we only had a total of 5 blasts out of 23 embryos (34 eggs total retrieved) and he would have expected more.... we had none frozen (1 blast was poor quality).

Hi, no I'm in the uk and had to fund it myself as I will get my NHS free cycle next year nd I wasn't prepared to wait, I'm doing the same with my next cycle. I didn't do icsi the first cycle I done natural IVF that's why they have said this cycle I'll have to try icsi.

Any questions you have on IVF, I'll be happy to try and answer x

Hi, no I'm in the uk and had to fund it myself as I will get my NHS free cycle next year nd I wasn't prepared to wait, I'm doing the same with my next cycle. I didn't do icsi the first cycle I done natural IVF that's why they have said this cycle I'll have to try icsi.

Any questions you have on IVF, I'll be happy to try and answer x

I am new to all of this! My RE said that they would kow after ER if ICSI was necessary. Ugh, I hate all of the unknows.

Yeah so the reason for that depending on how many eggs they get and the quality of the eggs then they will decide if they can do natural or ICSI.

Hi all

Think I may be a bit early but I am about to start my first day of injections (short protocol) for cycle 1 of IVF. I'm CD2 now and will be doing 12 days of 300iu Gonal F (and then cetrotide mixed in later on). Progress scan is 30/7 and egg retrieval will be around 8-9 August.

We're likely going to be ICSI as my DH has tested positive for anti-sperm antibodies in one of his samples. Apparently on the day of the ER you can speak with the embryologist and, to the extent that you have a large number of eggs, they will consider doing say half as "normal" IVF and then the other half with ICSI (I liked this idea as I wanted it to be slightly natural in an already hugely unnatural process!). My FS said though that at the end of the day they would make the judgement call and advise, as it would be foolish to ruin the whole collection by opting not to do any as ICSI if it was needed.

J x

Hi all! TLM, not to worry, you didn't complicate things! I will check with my doc on this, though. I finally got my protocol yesterday and will be doing BCP for about 10 days, then doing Gonal-F and Menopur, then switching to Gonirelix. It's an antagonist protocol, which makes sense as they expect I will be a poor responder based on my very low AMH and slightly high FSH. Fingers crossed!

How is everyone else doing?

I would ask and see what she says. I think age has something to do with it too. My doctor said it inhibited egg production in older women, but who knows... Hope I didn't complicate things!!! :)

Hi Jules,

We are doing ICSI due to DH's morphology issues, and I agree that it seems like yet another unnatural process...but hey, whatever works, right? Your ET is so soon, very exciting!! Best of luck.

Hi all

Think I may be a bit early but I am about to start my first day of injections (short protocol) for cycle 1 of IVF. I'm CD2 now and will be doing 12 days of 300iu Gonal F (and then cetrotide mixed in later on). Progress scan is 30/7 and egg retrieval will be around 8-9 August.

We're likely going to be ICSI as my DH has tested positive for anti-sperm antibodies in one of his samples. Apparently on the day of the ER you can speak with the embryologist and, to the extent that you have a large number of eggs, they will consider doing say half as "normal" IVF and then the other half with ICSI (I liked this idea as I wanted it to be slightly natural in an already hugely unnatural process!). My FS said though that at the end of the day they would make the judgement call and advise, as it would be foolish to ruin the whole collection by opting not to do any as ICSI if it was needed.

J x

Yay Julesjules!!! Hope the start goes well!! Let us know!! I think what your doc said about ICSI makes sense. I have been doing some research and having it done regardless of the reason seems to up your chances! So I don't think it can hurt!!

Septbride, when do you start your bcp??

I will be starting Lupron shots on August 8th (our third wedding anniversary!) and then Menopur around August 19th!

Yay Julesjules!!! Hope the start goes well!! Let us know!! I think what your doc said about ICSI makes sense. I have been doing some research and having it done regardless of the reason seems to up your chances! So I don't think it can hurt!!

I will be starting Lupron shots on August 8th (our third wedding anniversary!) and then Menopur around August 19th!
First scan tomorrow (so will have had 3 days of 300iu Gonal F) - will report back! J x

Good luck julesjules!

TLM, I start BCP when AF shows up, which should be any day now. I'll be on them for ~10 days, then I have another AF (ugh) and move on to Gonal-F and Menopur (antagonist protocol -- are you doing long Lupron or luteal?) Here's to us both finally getting started!

So first scan this morning (CD5; 3 injections in of 300iu gonal F). FS thinks there are 10 or 11 follies (really good for me apparently given the low AMH) although they're all tiny right now. Lining is, as ever, super thin (although AF has only really just finished). Blood work must have gone out on this morning's tests as just had a call to reduce the Gonal F to 225iu tonight and then start at 7am with the cetrotide. I'm a bit shocked by that as wasn't expecting to start that so soon in the cycle - had in my mind it would be a few more days from now. So two lots of daily injections here we come. Ick. Back in for blood work again tomorrow morning.

x

Yay jules!!! That follie count sounds great!! And maybe the unexpected progression is good since you won't have as much time to think about it!? :)

Is it crazy over there in London? I am loving watching the Olympics!!!!!

Afm, I am on cd12 now and will be starting Lupron on cd21. I have had some weird "spotting"and I use the term VERY loosely as I have been spotting for up to a week leading up to AF. So the timing if is is odd because I should be around o time now. This is the first cycle in a while where I haven't been on clomid so I am thinking its just my body reacting to no drugs?! And honestly the spotting is nothing now, just some brown string ting when I wiped maybe twice over the weekend and then just now when I peed. Usually prem af spotting is totallly different and much heavier. Anyone else ever have this? Do you think I should call my Re?

Yay jules!!! That follie count sounds great!! And maybe the unexpected progression is good since you won't have as much time to think about it!? :)

Is it crazy over there in London? I am loving watching the Olympics!!!!!

Afm, I am on cd12 now and will be starting Lupron on cd21. I have had some weird "spotting"and I use the term VERY loosely as I have been spotting for up to a week leading up to AF. So the timing if is is odd because I should be around o time now. This is the first cycle in a while where I haven't been on clomid so I am thinking its just my body reacting to no drugs?! And honestly the spotting is nothing now, just some brown string ting when I wiped maybe twice over the weekend and then just now when I peed. Usually prem af spotting is totallly different and much heavier. Anyone else ever have this? Do you think I should call my Re?
Hm, its probably nothing and most likely from not being on the drugs. If you're worried call your FS (although if he/she is anything like most doctors, your leg could be hanging off before they'd bring you in!).

Olympics was/is pretty cool although haven't been over to the Olympic park (hysteroscopy last week has kept me lying low). Weird though as we were all told to that the City was going to be rammed with tourists, work from home if you can etc. Think as a result most Londoners have left as town was totally dead today and so was rush hour!

I'm on a short protocol now; anyone give me a rough idea what the long protocol is like/involves?

J x

Pretty sure I am on the long protocol! Lupron cycle before stimming, ER, and ET. I think with short you go straight into stimming. Does that sound right?

Pretty sure I am on the long protocol! Lupron cycle before stimming, ER, and ET. I think with short you go straight into stimming. Does that sound right?
Yeah that's right but what is it that they have you do in the down reg phase (and what's the point of it/benefit)? x

I take Lupron for two weeks (I think) starting at day 21. I get my period and thn start stimming on cd3 of my next cycle and continue that for 10 - 14 days and then egg retrieval and transfer a few days later, :)

Good luck julesjules!

TLM, I start BCP when AF shows up, which should be any day now. I'll be on them for ~10 days, then I have another AF (ugh) and move on to Gonal-F and Menopur (antagonist protocol -- are you doing long Lupron or luteal?) Here's to us both finally getting started!

I am on BCP for 21 days.... Then I start Follistim 3 days later so around Aug 17th. I wonder why you are only on for 10 days?

I'm not sure -- to be honest, I'm not sure why I'm on BCP at all! :)

Good luck julesjules!

I am on BCP for 21 days.... Then I start Follistim 3 days later so around Aug 17th. I wonder why you are only on for 10 days?

I think I am on long Lupron. What is luteal??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->