August 2014 Buddies

My birthday is the 1st Sept so an early birthday present for me also! So exciting :))))

Welcome to the new ladies!

Mindy - glad your scan went well!! I really hope I get one when i go in but I doubt it!

I started up a pregnancy journal. Just to get my daily thoughts out there. I'm currently debating whether or not to have my mom come to the first appointment. She hasn't been very supportive and it's just annoying to be around her right now. My fiance and his mom are already coming. We don't need the whole family to come lol.

Funny story about her tho. Kinda made me mad. I went over to their house to help set up their computer. While I was working, my dad handed be a Corona, one of my favorite beers. I didn't drink it, I just handed it to my mom. She goes "what, you aren't gonna drink it?" I gave her the meanest look and I said "No mother, I can't." My dad looked at me funny and asked if I was on drugs... Then my mom said she "forgot" I'm pregnant. How can you forget your daughter is pregnant? ugh....

Welcome to the new ladies!

Mindy - glad your scan went well!! I really hope I get one when i go in but I doubt it!

I started up a pregnancy journal. Just to get my daily thoughts out there. I'm currently debating whether or not to have my mom come to the first appointment. She hasn't been very supportive and it's just annoying to be around her right now. My fiance and his mom are already coming. We don't need the whole family to come lol.

Funny story about her tho. Kinda made me mad. I went over to their house to help set up their computer. While I was working, my dad handed be a Corona, one of my favorite beers. I didn't drink it, I just handed it to my mom. She goes "what, you aren't gonna drink it?" I gave her the meanest look and I said "No mother, I can't." My dad looked at me funny and asked if I was on drugs... Then my mom said she "forgot" I'm pregnant. How can you forget your daughter is pregnant? ugh....

Awe, I'm sorry! I wish they were more supportive for you! You know, as soon as that little bundle comes you won't be able to get rid of them! Hopefully once things progress they'll come around!

Welcome new BFPs!!!! Congrats!!

Mel28nicole, what Mindylou said is true...just wait until the baby gets here!

I actually could write more than a novel on annoying grandparent stories since my daughter Hannah was born back in March of this year. Unsolicited parenting advice, taking liberties with my kid, sneaking her unapproved snacks, eye-rolling, ignoring SIDS sleep guidelines...I could go on. But, my daughter goes to my in-laws while I work, which has been wonderful in so many ways...and horrifically annoying in others. LOL!

Am slightly worried as am around 17dpo & only getting a 'pregnant 1-2' on a digi, should it not be 2-3 weeks now? Also still getting a faint positive on a Morrisons home brand test, anyone else have this? x

Some people don't get a 2-3 until 5+ weeks. Don't worry too much, your body doesn't need the stress. Easier said than done.

Hey ladies..

Sorry i totally forgot about this thread :blush: How are we all?

I had my 1st MW appointment Thursday and it went really well... She has requested a scan within 3 weeks to confirm how far gone i am.. So excited about seeing Little One. Also I think we will be having an early gender scan around 17 weeks :wohoo:

Is everyone ready for Xmas? xx

Am slightly worried as am around 17dpo & only getting a 'pregnant 1-2' on a digi, should it not be 2-3 weeks now? Also still getting a faint positive on a Morrisons home brand test, anyone else have this? x

Don't be worried. Some people don't get 2-3 weeks until later. Is it possible that you could be wrong about how far along you are? I know it's hard, but put the tests away, as they only cause unwanted stress. Are you going to the doctors for a blood test?

Hi little! I think we are finally ready for Christmas. Got all the nieces and nephews their presents. Everyone else is getting gift cards lol. I think I'm gonna get my fiancé a bottle of captain Morgan haha just a little extra special gift

Don't be worried. Some people don't get 2-3 weeks until later. Is it possible that you could be wrong about how far along you are? I know it's hard, but put the tests away, as they only cause unwanted stress. Are you going to the doctors for a blood test?

Thanks :)I'm definitely around 17dpo as have a clearblue fertility monitor but I'm sure it's fine, I'll test again in a few days :) Would the doctors in the UK do a beta blood test? x

Hi, ladies! Due about August 24th. Pregnancy #3 & hoping for a super sticky one this time around.

I skimmed a bit, but didn't read every page. I've gotta say we're SO excited to be able to get out of the first tri around Valentine's Day and make our official announcements then. :) Anyone else doing a fun V Day announcement?

A V-Day announcement sounds like such a good idea! I'll be a little over 14weeks by then, so I'm not sure I'll be able to wait that long to announce, :dohh:

Haha! We should have our 12 week appointment on that Monday, so it'll be pretty good timing. Though I think it'll get harder to keep it to ourselves if our 8 week scan is good since that'll be the farthest I've gotten and I'm sure we'll be so happy. Lol.

Haha! We should have our 12 week appointment on that Monday, so it'll be pretty good timing. Though I think it'll get harder to keep it to ourselves if our 8 week scan is good since that'll be the farthest I've gotten and I'm sure we'll be so happy. Lol.

I'm thinking once I have my scan my hubby will wanna tell everyone. He's the one that wants to wait, so we'll see. :shrug:

It would be a great time to tell everyone though :happydance:

You should tell whenever you're ready! We just want to wait because of the previous history, and the fact that V Day is right about the end of the first tri makes waiting easier. It's too perfect. :)

Wow waiting til Vday would be really hard for me!! My first ultrasound is mid January so I think we will tell everyone after that. It's weird cuz people are already getting suspicious, and it's hard to blatantly lie! I've told a few close relatives already, but we won't be announcing it to the extended/Facebook community until after the scan in January.

I think we'll wait until I'm in the 12-14 week arena to tell folks. Since I'm an older mom, and getting some screenings done, I'll know the gender by then as well, so it'll be a double whammy for the family and friends. "I'm pregnant, and it's a _____!!!"

All of this pending on whether the pregnancy is moving in the right direction, of course.

That'll be a really fun announcement then! You'll be 13ish about V Day, then?
We're going to get a blood test done (just because I like to know) to find out the gender, but we're not telling anyone. Long story, but I don't feel like I can trust my family to follow my preferences on avoiding super gendered things for the baby. So that'll be a surprise to everyone when baby arrives. :)

I already told everyone. Everyone knew we were trying and had gone through so many treatments before something finally worked, so I couldn't not tell them.

I went in for an ultrasound to check my bleeding and baby had a heartbeat. I'm super excited.

Same here! I miscarried around 8 weeks before and I feel like if I have a good scan I'll want to announce it before February. I wanted to do it February 21st because that's when I would have been due with my first pregnancy but that may be too long to wait lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->