• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

August 2014

Yay for harpist. Did you go for the antiquey one? Does your venue charge you extra for using your own people for things? Ours does :nope:

Thar bridesmaids dress is beautiful. I wish I had found something like that because both my bridesmaids would have suited that :dohh: Can you not get them in other colours or is it just the grey?

I love the bridesmaids dress, how many bridesmaids are you having? I really like the style and the colour! :)

Hahaha, at the tudors. That dress was pretty special eh?

:rofl: it is a need isnt it? In fact I think I need some too.

Yay for booking the harpist. That bridesmaid is gorgeous but just not frilly enough. Haha. Seriously, it is beautiful.

Hahaha I may have to make it for the lack of frills with my dress then ;)

Yay for harpist. Did you go for the antiquey one? Does your venue charge you extra for using your own people for things? Ours does :nope:

Thar bridesmaids dress is beautiful. I wish I had found something like that because both my bridesmaids would have suited that :dohh: Can you not get them in other colours or is it just the grey?

Oh no that is rubbish! Do they charge much? Do you have to use your venue for literally everything? Ours has a list of recommended people but you can use your own if you prefer, besides the cake and the flowers. I know if you decide to get your own cake they charge £75 for storage etc, and you'd already lose out as their prices include a cake anyway, so it'd cost loads :wacko: same with flowers!

We went for the lady with the antique harp - its sooo beautiful, this is the harpist:

https://www.warble-entertainment.com/media/images/full_1360093805.jpg

I'm not sure whether you can get the dress in other colours, I actually quite like the grey as its so neutral though. So glad I found it, although I think it's more than I wanted to pay as I was kinda budgeting £100 per bridesmaid and I think these are £150ish - maybe more. What kind of dresses did you go for?

I love the bridesmaids dress, how many bridesmaids are you having? I really like the style and the colour! :)

I'm pretty sure I am going to have 3 bridesmaids including maid of honour although there are 5 I'd like to ask. My maid of honour and one other bridesmaid have been asked but I'm yet to ask the other definite which is weird because I see her the most! How's your dress hunting going? At least you only have to find your own :haha:

do you think you'll ask the 5 of them anyway? you are such a good bride, putting them in a lovely dress :haha:

i know which one i want, it's just a maxi dress from ASOS :lol: so glamorous! but i don't know what to do now as i'll be about 24 weeks (if i'm right about how far along i am) so don't want to buy it now and it not fit me? i really really like this one though and haven't seen any other ones i like so i'm worried that if i don't chance my arm and just get it anyway i will be left with nothing or one i hate :dohh:

do you think you'll ask the 5 of them anyway? you are such a good bride, putting them in a lovely dress :haha:

i know which one i want, it's just a maxi dress from ASOS :lol: so glamorous! but i don't know what to do now as i'll be about 24 weeks (if i'm right about how far along i am) so don't want to buy it now and it not fit me? i really really like this one though and haven't seen any other ones i like so i'm worried that if i don't chance my arm and just get it anyway i will be left with nothing or one i hate :dohh:

Oh my god you're pregnant!!!! Hugeeee congratulations hun :) when did you find out? You must be so happy!

When I was 24 weeks with Oli I was still really quite small, I don't think you'll have too much to worry about. I was definitely still wearing non-maternity clothes, except jeans! What's the maxi like?

Omg congratulations foquita, you must be so excited! Pregnant brides are sooooooooo beautiful, I always think maxi dresses look best with baby bumps anyway!

Ahhh Emma that harp is amazing, so dreamy and romantic!

thank you so much! i only found out on wednesday morning, since then i've just about expired with excitement, i don't think i've ever been so happy :cloud9: but i feel like i'm going to wake up at any minute and it's all been a really amazing dream.

yay, that's good to know! this is it https://www.riverisland.com/women/dresses/maxi-dresses/Cream-lattice-top-maxi-dress-633546, i guess it will be quite roomy? just worried i get massive boobs or something :haha: i'm so embarrassed posting that i'm getting married in a river island dress :rofl: i can't get a real wedding dress though because it would be too bulky in my rucksack and i need something i can wear again on the same holiday hahaha.

i love the dresses you posted, especially the mimosa! i reckon if i were having a proper wedding i would want a copy of that, i love it :)

thank you louandivy :D i'm worried i look like a fat sweaty pig :lol: were you still quite small at 24 weeks as well?

Errrrr you are getting married in MALAYSIA, there is definitely no reason to be embarrassed about having a dress from River Island :rofl: I think it's lovely and would look amazing with a little bump under it! Why not order it to see how stretchy it is? You can always stuff a cushion up there to make sure it looks ok :haha:

Haha don't be silly, a bit of bump talk will take my mind off my own insane broodiness :haha:

i'm in work so by the time i got the chance to actually post that apology message you had already replied :haha:

i think i'll order it when i get paid then and test it with a pillow :rofl:

it's cool I know you were just using korean language rules, you crazy linguist :rofl:

L and R are interchangeable! I think in japanese it's the same. they're allophones and not different phonemes (I think?) so all that 'engrish' stuff is that way because using an L instead of an R or vice versa doesn't change the meaning of a word like it does in english :haha:

L and R are interchangeable! I think in japanese it's the same. they're allophones and not different phonemes (I think?) so all that 'engrish' stuff is that way because using an L instead of an R or vice versa doesn't change the meaning of a word like it does in english :haha:

OOOOh see I thought Japanese didn't have L! I didn't realise they were interchangeable. I find language perception so interesting but don't study it much, although I do know that by adulthood we lose the ability to even perceive certain distinguishable phonemes if they aren't in our own language, which is pretty amazing and I guess might explain why R and L are indistinguishable to a Japanese speaker? Also that at the pre-linguistic stage children's babbling incorporates phonemes even from outside of what will become their native language, and they lose the ability to pronounce them when they learn to speak. Which is weird because Oli used to make these amazing gargling noise which my Dutch speaking lecturer says is found within the Dutch language... oooooooh such a nerd :haha:

Wait until your baby comes, you'll have a whole new understanding of what he or she is doing! Plus you'll totally get child language acquisition more when you have a case study right in front of you!

Nat I can't believe you just said you're already over the BFP excitement!! I'm not, I'm still jumping with joy for you :lol:

Ahhh Emma that bridesmaid dress is amazing, you really are a lovely bride to have your BM's dressed so well! I would definitely have mine in puff ball styles :haha: x

did I say that lolly?! I can't even remember :rofl: is it normal to be this scatty this early on? I'm really worried :lol: I'm still jumping with joy too! :yipee:

that is so cool, I can't wait to transcribe my baby's babbles :rofl: I'm so excited for the language acquisition stage, it'll be good practice while I'm off uni for a year, I know you'll not think I'm a freak for thinking that :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->