• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

August 2014

Yeah I'm really looking forward to spending the three days with everyone, hopefully I won't be too stressed with the wedding itself and can just enjoy it! We're going to Shambala this summer and that's all we had planned as the wedding is very close to Christmas but last week OH fell into a pothole on a walkway whilst he had Rory in the carrier and he badly broke his ankle and has put a claim in, sooo if he gets some money through that we may consider a honeymoon! Every cloud and all that! Do you have anywhere in mind for yours?

Oh god that is awful, your poor OH! Fingers crossed you get something good out of it though! Where would you consider? We'd like to go to Asia but not sure where, we went to Bali last year for a wedding and it was absolutely amazing. Not sure I'd want to be that far from Oli though, so may look closer to home, quite fancy Italy!

Honestly no idea! I have only seen Europe and Canada once when I was small so there are so many places I'd love to see! The only thing I'd hate is a package holiday where we just sit by a pool with 200 other British tourists and don't actually see the county we're in. I think we'll be taking Rory though, I wouldn't feel right not doing. Ooh I'd love to go to Asia! Such a culture shock! Italy is so beautiful. I travelled to Venice a few years ago with my sister and it was just spectacular, it looked like a film set! Though I'd definitely stay away in mid summer, nothing worse than trying to see 20 different sights in 300 degree heat when you're surrounded by water that you can't swim in!

Honestly no idea! I have only seen Europe and Canada once when I was small so there are so many places I'd love to see! The only thing I'd hate is a package holiday where we just sit by a pool with 200 other British tourists and don't actually see the county we're in. I think we'll be taking Rory though, I wouldn't feel right not doing. Ooh I'd love to go to Asia! Such a culture shock! Italy is so beautiful. I travelled to Venice a few years ago with my sister and it was just spectacular, it looked like a film set! Though I'd definitely stay away in mid summer, nothing worse than trying to see 20 different sights in 300 degree heat when you're surrounded by water that you can't swim in!

Yes so true! I definitely fancy somewhere a bit off the beaten track, no idea where yet though. Ahh you should look into Asia, it's amazing to be somewhere so different, we went to Singapore too which is so Western yet HUGE, really surreal, so going to Bali was so very different. At the moment I'd like to take Oli but he'll be almost 4 by the time we go so I think I'd feel ok about leaving him by then!

Well we just got back from Stubton Hall where we made a provisional booking :wohoo:

There wasn't time to dither, couldn't arrange to go back and view it again with my parents as I'd hoped, they only had one Saturday left in July, August and September next year so we went ahead and took it.

We have to call the registrar tomorrow to confirm they are available (closed today because of bank holiday) and if they are we can go right ahead and pay our deposit.

I just can't see how this place comes in at a cheaper price than Swancar Farm when it is in a totally different league. The house is breathtaking, it's so impressive from the outside and inside is just stunning - so many different rooms and 22 bedrooms so you get the whole place to yourself. I am just in love.

So fingers crossed our wedding will be on Saturday August 30th 2014, with the ceremony in this room:
https://www.stubtonhall.co.uk/images/photogallery/music_room.jpg

I just looked at their website, and wow breath-taking. It is so exciting.

Looks lovely!! How exciting, ring the registrar up as soon as it opens :happydance:

Eek thanks girls, I'm just praying that they are available! Nick is going to call at 10am and I'm desperate to know. Fingers crossed!

The venue looks amazing!!! Fingers crossed for when you all the registrar. Let us know what they say :)

Thanks aly!

Well the registrar is free :happydance: so the date is ours! Just need to confirm with Stubton Hall who are annoyingly closed today :haha: oh I am soooooo happy I could scream! I'm getting MARRIED!!

Yay. So pleased for you. Although who gave Stubton Hall permission to be closed :nope: :haha:

:rofl: Agreed, heads must roll.

I'm good thanks. You?

:rofl: Agreed, heads must roll.

I'm good thanks. You?

I'm ok thanks, but I've found booking a wedding is probably the worst distraction ever when you're trying to finish your dissertation :dohh:

Haha. Yeah probably doesnt help to keep you focused.

What ideas do you have in your head?

wow it is beautiful!!
I agree some venues seem SO overpriced when you look at other ones and think wow this place is in a completely different league!

I meant the wedding but how is the dissertation going too?

wow it is beautiful!!
I agree some venues seem SO overpriced when you look at other ones and think wow this place is in a completely different league!

Thanks hun :) It's crazy, when you actually add things up properly for comparison you realise how overpriced some are. I suppose that's why the one we went with only had 1 Saturday left in the 3 month period we wanted, and the first place had 5/6 of them free!

I meant the wedding but how is the dissertation going too?

Haha I am losing it! I have ideas about colours (thinking eau de nil and a really dusky pink) and generally very simple details - quite a plain cake with real flowers, really small bouquets (especially for the bridesmaids), not too much decoration (as the house has a lot of pictures etc so don't want to make it too busy)... oh and yesterday we think we finalised our bridal party and we've decided to have Oli as ringbearer as he'll be almost four :cloud9: brings tears to my eyes imagining him walking up with the rings!

Oh the dissertation is ok thanks, 19.5k words done so almost there now :)

Oh I only just noticed your weight loss, holy crap that's amazing! Well done hun! Can you tell me your secrets? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->