• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

August 2014

EEEEEEEEEEEK someone from Stubton emailed Nick and he paid the deposit! IT'S OURS!

I didnt think you had 'it' to lose :winkwink: I love the sound of it all, colours will be beautiful and I love simple details too. My wedding cake was exactly as you say very plain and then real flowers that matched my (small) bouquet. I agree that with that venue simple will compliment it well and not take anything from the surroundings.

Wow, 19.5k. How many words does it have to be?

Thank you. I will set a new target when I get to that weight I think. I dont need to give you tips though cos you look fantastic as you are x

:dance: that is fantastic news. Makes it more real.

ETA; They must of heard about us making heads roll. Haha.

Haha Tasha, you must have scared them into checking their email! Thank you ;)

Ahh your wedding sounds lovely, just what I want. You're setting another target? How much do you want to lose? I can't imagine you have much more to go! And shhh, you're the fantastic looking one missy xx

Hahaha.

Errr, probably at least another 14lb after that. Who knows though.

When does uni finish? I guess you will be using the time between it ending and the next course starting for you to organise as much as possible!?!?!

You definitely don't need to lose another stone! I'm sure you look gorgeous as you are. I have put on a stone and a half or so since my holiday last year so would like to lose it, but I won't start trying yet.

Uni ends at the end of May so I really need to do most of my planning over summer, it's going to be stressful but I'm so looking forward to not having to write anymore essays for the summer, I'm fed up of them, just want to look at wedding stuff all day! In fact today has been a total write-off, I had loads planned and I've done nothing at all :haha:

Yaayyyy so glad you got it all booked, it looks so beautiful :)

:wohoo: Yay so glad you got it booked. I still remember booking our venues...such a great feeling :)

It really is an amazing feeling, like all of these ideas you have are finally real and you can stop just dreaming and start planning! Thanks girls :)

Just had a stupid thought though - I am hopefully going to start work at a teacher in 2014 providing I pass the PGCE and find a job, and the schools go back 5 days after the wedding.... so no honeymoon for us :rofl:

You can do that later on lol! Our honeymoon will be 3 months after our wedding xxx

You can do that later on lol! Our honeymoon will be 3 months after our wedding xxx

Aww where are you going? I don't mind really, gives us time to save and means the money we would have to spend on a honeymoon we can spend on other things! Woohoo!! xx

Were going to my very favourite place :) Lykia World in Olu Deniz, Turkey. Were taking our children too, so its a familymoon really! After the wedding were going up to Cameron House in Loch Lomond for a couple of days just us 2 though - that's our fave UK place! Its very special xxx

Were going to my very favourite place :) Lykia World in Olu Deniz, Turkey. Were taking our children too, so its a familymoon really! After the wedding were going up to Cameron House in Loch Lomond for a couple of days just us 2 though - that's our fave UK place! Its very special xxx

Oh that sounds amazing! I think we'll end up doing something similar, I'd love to go to St Ives for a couple of days after the wedding just to have some kind of honeymoon. It's our special place and it's where we got engaged :) xx

So I got in touch with my favourite photographer and he quoted £2200 for a full day's coverage + album and I really am not willing to pay that much, no matter how much I love his photos. We've decided to try and find a much (much!) cheaper photographer so that we can get a videographer too.

So after a couple of days of looking through the work of just about every videographer in the midlands and hating pretty much everything about them - the cheesy Hollywood style filming, the awkward interviews, the stupid fade ins and fade outs, I came across Shoot It Yourself and I am sooooo in love.

https://www.shoot-it-yourself.co.uk/

Basically they send you broadcast quality cameras, your guests do all of the filming and then you send it back to them and they edit it all for you. I just love the style, it seems so much more personal and you're able to capture moments that a videographer wouldn't be able to.

We have been discussing music a lot and we've always said we'd love a harpist, as my favourite music artist is Joanna Newsom who plays the harp and we saw her in Paris during our first year together. Randomly the night we got engaged we went for a meal in St Ives harbour and when we left there was a busker on a harp! Mostly though I always wanted them to play a song that is special to us (I have always had a Bjork song in my head but a bit unsure now) and tonight I found an incredible and reasonably priced harpist who is willing to learn any song :happydance:

I just want to start booking nowwwwww :wohoo:

Book it! Book it! I always wanted a harpist too, but we decided not to go for our dream venue, and a harpist wouldn't be appropriate. You can get much cheaper photographers just make sure you love their work xx

I love shoot it yourself, it looks soooo good! They are always in all the wedding magazines!

A harpist sounds beautiful and I think it would go so well with your venue :)

I think we will go on a honeymoon around Christmas time so we dont have to chose which family to spend xmas with as our first xmas as a married couple. There is always big discussion about where we will spend xmas every yr (uk or canada) atm we alternate years but i know once we have a family it will most likely always be in the UK.
id like to go to either India or fly to NYC for a few days, on to San Francisco for a few days and then to Hawaii for the end.

Thanks girls! Had the quote from the harpist so going to wait until we meet with the venue again and get a loose order of the day and then book her hopefully :)

Marypoppins your honeymoon ideas are amazing! I'd love to to to India but Nick isn't keen. I definitely think we'll end up going to Asia but I have no idea when we'll fit it in after the wedding which is a bit annoying, it may end up being a very belated honeymoon!

I must have got at least 10 more quotes for photographers yesterday but the hunt continues... found a good one for less than half the price of my dream photographer but Nick wasn't keen. We did book the registrar though and arrange to go to a wedding fair next week, so things are happening :)

Hey date buddy! Just been reading through your journal! So far we have booked the church, reception venue and photographer. Our photographer is £1200. We have been to look at wedding cars tonight and I'm meeting a florist on wednesday. I've also been having quotes for chair covers . Most things only want £50 deposit so hopefully will get most things booked soon just to book the date with the suppliers more than deciding on exaclty what we want like flowers etc! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->