• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

August 2014

End of the month is better for me anyway as I have an exam in june but I am possibly going ona hen do camping trip as well around then so will have to find out the dates!

And I will happily try on tacky dresses but as a fake bridesmaid i do not have to pretend to like them :haha:

Don't you go all fake bridesmaidzilla on me :haha:

Hen do camping trip sounds so much fun! I really need to think of what I'd like to do for a hen do, I haven't given it any thought yet really :shrug:

Is nick still getting his fancy stag do?! Will you have a one night hen do or a weekend thing?

You girls are making me laugh. Wedding dress shops wont know what has hit them.

Is nick still getting his fancy stag do?! Will you have a one night hen do or a weekend thing?

Pretty sure Nick still thinks he's getting his fancy trip to Tel Aviv yes, doubt it will happen though :haha: I really don't know, half of me wants to go abroad but I know that automatically restricts who can and can't come, so might just make it a UK trip. Quite fancy Edinburgh actually!

You girls are making me laugh. Wedding dress shops wont know what has hit them.

Hey Tasha, there's always room for an additional fake bridesmaid and I'm more than prepared to find a dress disguised as a pair of curtains for you too... plus we'll be in London anyway so it won't be far for you... just say the word :haha:

:rofl: as appealing as that sounds, I think I will give it a miss. Although some how you have to try and take photos of the girls in the most hideous creation you find :thumbup:

Oh Tasha aren't you even a LITTTTLLEEE bit curious how you would look in a hideous bridesmaid dress?!

Not at all because I know how I look in a hideous bridesmaids dress. Think royal blue, down to my feet with a hoop to make it puff out some more, frills at the feet, knees, waist and chest, oh and just to make it more puffy and frilly the arms were puffed out with frills on :sick: :rofl:

ETA: I did actually have to wear that and I didnt see it until the day of the wedding by which time I couldnt say no as it was my aunt and all her nieces, female cousins and female second cousins were made to be a BM.

Hahahhahahah! Its got to have frills though, thats like a rule. My sisters all have good taste but I feel if one of them were to marry that they would definitely put the rest of us in hilariously bad outfits just because they are all bitches :haha:

Hahaha oh my god Tasha, I need a wedding dress JUST LIKE THAT

Hahaha. Frills are a must? I was obviously too nice to my sister, I just let her chose what she wanted provided it fit in our colour scheme.

Emma, you must try on a huge ugly meringue too.

How have I only just come across this?
Anyhow - yes to me being Julia Roberts and hell yes to making bridesmaids try on hideous dresses. I was waaaaaay too kind to my bridesmaids and gave them beautiful dresses. In hindsight I should have made them wear hideous flower headbands made from carnations.

Anyhow - yes to me being Julia Roberts and hell yes to making bridesmaids try on hideous dresses. I was waaaaaay too kind to my bridesmaids and gave them beautiful dresses. In hindsight I should have made them wear hideous flower headbands made from carnations.

Hahaha, I actually did have to wear that with said royal blue BM dress I mentioned earlier.

Hahaha. Frills are a must? I was obviously too nice to my sister, I just let her chose what she wanted provided it fit in our colour scheme.

Emma, you must try on a huge ugly meringue too.

Nooo, it's my time to shine in dresses I can never ever afford Tasha, and my excuse to make everyone else look stupid :haha:

Haha! What were the dresses like? You definitely should have dressed them down somehow ;)

Hahaha, I actually did have to wear that with said royal blue BM dress I mentioned earlier.

Oh Tasha that bride clearly wanted to make sure no one upstaged her... and sounds like she probably succeeded :haha:

Noooo, you must. Girls if you come back and havent succeeded in making Emma try on at least one awful dress, then I will be so disappointed.

Emma, I think she actually really loved frills. Her wedding dress had more frills than ours and it went perfectly with her massive deirdre glasses. Next time I am at my parents I am digging the photos out and will show you them.

Did you book the harpist today?

Noooo, you must. Girls if you come back and havent succeeded in making Emma try on at least one awful dress, then I will be so disappointed.

Emma, I think she actually really loved frills. Her wedding dress had more frills than ours and it went perfectly with her massive deirdre glasses. Next time I am at my parents I am digging the photos out and will show you them.

Nooo Tasha don't encourage them!

Hahaha please do, this sounds like the most wonderful wedding ever. Do you think she looks back on her photos doing the :dohh: smilie in her head?! When was the wedding?

I got a quote from a harpist recommended by the venue today and she wanted £150 more than the original quote I got a few weeks ago, plus the actual harp was really plain whereas the girl I'd originally found has the most stunning antique harp. So I emailed the original booking agent today and she is going to send me over some paperwork, woohoo :happydance:

I'm going to go and buy a nice folder to keep all of the contracts etc in tomorrow :)

Nooo Tasha don't encourage them!

Hahaha please do, this sounds like the most wonderful wedding ever. Do you think she looks back on her photos doing the :dohh: smilie in her head?! When was the wedding?

I got a quote from a harpist recommended by the venue today and she wanted £150 more than the original quote I got a few weeks ago, plus the actual harp was really plain whereas the girl I'd originally found has the most stunning antique harp. So I emailed the original booking agent today and she is going to send me over some paperwork, woohoo :happydance:

I'm going to go and buy a nice folder to keep all of the contracts etc in tomorrow :)

I doubt that they actually need encouraging :haha:

I would hope so, but something tells me she still adores them :sick: It sounds eighties doesnt it? Nope, late nineties. Imagine being 14/15 and being made to wear that :rofl: my sister was 18 and had to wear it :haha:

That is fab news, glad you are getting the one with the beautiful harp :happydance:

Ooooh I love new folders, stationary etc :cloud9: Sad I know.

Oh noooo, that is so eighties! I was bridemaid for my cousin in the mid nineties and I had a similar blue and white poofy dress made of actual curtain fabric.. complete with flower crown.. I also later wore that dress to a Tudor school trip :rofl: that says it all really!

Tasha that is not sad AT ALL, I love new stationary etc, I already have a beautiful Laura Ashley magazine box reserved for all my wedding bits but now I need to get a proper folder too (note the NEED to get :haha:)

Harpist booked, sending contracts and deposit tonight :wohoo:

I also FINALLY found a bridesmaid dress I love

https://cdni.condenast.co.uk/320x480/a_c/CASTIZA-B_br_9feb12-pr_b_320x480.jpg
https://www.hispamoda.com/img/fotos/wm/566-modelo-castiza-avance-coleccion-vestidos-2013-pronovias-_01_wm.jpg

It wasn't really what I'd envisaged in terms of colour but I don't care, I absolutely love it and my confirmed bridesmaids do too!

Hahaha, at the tudors. That dress was pretty special eh?

:rofl: it is a need isnt it? In fact I think I need some too.

Yay for booking the harpist. That bridesmaid is gorgeous but just not frilly enough. Haha. Seriously, it is beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->