August 2014

Hahaha you should have woken Phil up with a bit of Cheek to Cheek, he'd have loved you for that I'm sure :haha:

I really am trying to keep an open mind for my wedding dress but I'm 99% sure I want a sheath style but unless I lose the weight I put on after my holiday last year it would definitely look disastrous. And I definitely don't want white, I really want a kind of creamy champagne colour.

My favourite dresses are both by Jenny Packham which are a few thousand out of my price range but a girl can dream ;)

Mimosa, front:
https://bridalmusings.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/jenny-packham-mimosa.jpg
Mimosa, back:
https://theweddingcommunityblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Mimosa-Back-Jenny-Packham-Spring-Summer-2013-Collection.jpg

Esme:
https://www.highsocietybridal.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/esme.jpg

I need to lose some weight but I really don't know how much yet. I got down to my lowest weight in years last year and to a small size 10 but I totally lost all of my boobs and I was so unhappy, but now I'm back up to a large size 12/maybe size 14 and really unhappy with my size but have my boobs back. I don't know how to strike a balance! I should add I am most comfortable at a size 12 usually but all my weight is so unevenly distributed and goes straight on my belly, hips and thighs, so at the moment I just look totally out of proportion and a fitted dress would look really unflattering.

This was me exactly. I think poofy dresses are so outdated! I think you'd actually be surprised when you try some on. I thought the CP dresses wouldn't suit me but they're surprisingly flattering. As for the boobs/weight thing, I personally think small boobs look elegant in sheath dresses, plus Esme is quite high necked and big boobs often look weird in them, you know? Then again if you get Esme I will be seething with jealousy :haha:

Those dresses are beautiful!

Deffo keep an open mind when you go dress shopping, I didn't have a clue what I wanted or what suited me and literally tried on all styles, shapes and colours!

I would also say keep an open mind :) you may find that you fall in love with something else when you try it on :) xx

Thanks girls, I'm definiting going to try and keep an open mind! Glad to hear you found that style flattering Emy... I also should have specified its not the fact my boobs are small when I lose weight, it's that they sag :dohh: and that's what I hate!

Ahh I am so tempted to go dress shopping just to try some things on... might make a booking as a way to celebrate finishing Uni in 5 weeks!

Yes! Do it!!!! :D I'm carrying a stone of pregnancy weight and I'm going next week because I've had to wait so long to go lol :) I would like to lose another stone on top of that but we will see hoe it goes! Xx

If you havent found a dress by June pleaaaaaaaaaseeeeeee could we go look at wedding gowns if we have our girly trip to London?! It'll be just like a montage scene in a chick flick...you can be Cameron Diaz, Jayne will be Julia Roberts, Lauryn is Halle Berry and I'm Angelina Jolie OBVIOUSLY

ok so i just googled wedding dress boutiques in stoke newington and stumbled on this blog which has lots of inspiration!

https://www.lovemydress.net/

Hahaha Lou! :rofl: Yeah that sounds like a plan to me actually! We really need to get the date sorted for our trip btw! You girls can be my pretend bridesmaids for the day, can I put you in hideous gowns in the shops just for jokes?!

Oh I love LMD, have got loads of ideas from there!

Yes! Do it!!!! :D I'm carrying a stone of pregnancy weight and I'm going next week because I've had to wait so long to go lol :) I would like to lose another stone on top of that but we will see hoe it goes! Xx

Ooh good luck dress shopping! Make sure you take pics!

Yessssss its best you live out your urge to pick ridiculous dresses with fake bridesmaids rather than the poor real ones hahaha. And yeah we dooo need to pick dates.

In reference to LMD, Annabel (owner) is actually really nice and if you decided not to go for an original JP dress then she'd be more than happy to suggest some lesser known designers who do similar things. She has a book out at the moment called Style Me Vintage: Weddings and I'm usually quite judgey on that type of book and don't like them but it is actually really nice, maybe worth a look for dress inspiration? WOW I sound like I'm doing her PR :haha:

In reference to LMD, Annabel (owner) is actually really nice and if you decided not to go for an original JP dress then she'd be more than happy to suggest some lesser known designers who do similar things. She has a book out at the moment called Style Me Vintage: Weddings and I'm usually quite judgey on that type of book and don't like them but it is actually really nice, maybe worth a look for dress inspiration? WOW I sound like I'm doing her PR :haha:

Haha ahh thanks for that! I saw she had a book out, will look it up! I really do want to find some similar designers, think I really need to go dress shopping.

Just made our first booking - paid the deposit for the vintage wedding singer, will be booking the harpist tomorrow hopefully :wohoo:

You are having an amazing singer AND a harpist? You bitch! You stole my dream wedding :haha:

You are having an amazing singer AND a harpist? You bitch! You stole my dream wedding :haha:

Hahaha you have a CP dress, I am totally in your shadow :haha:

Plan is to have a harpist for the ceremony and drinks reception, singer during the wedding breakfast and then DJ at night. I wanted a band at night but it's too expensive plus I think there'll be enough live music!

I dunno, I'd totally consider trading my dress for an Esme! That sounds absolutely perfect. Yeah I wanted a band too but settled on just vinyls and a record player. I figured that we are having a cinema so I can do without live music!

I dunno, I'd totally consider trading my dress for an Esme! That sounds absolutely perfect. Yeah I wanted a band too but settled on just vinyls and a record player. I figured that we are having a cinema so I can do without live music!

I think that will suit your surroundings soo well anyway. As you're in a house the cinema will provide the right kind of entertainment, moreso than a band would I think!

Ahhhh Emma both of those dresses are to die for, I think the first one is so beautiful.

And yes Lou, YESSSS!! When are we doing our weekend in London, June time did we say? Wedding dress looking is a must, I will 100% try on crappy bridesmaid dresses!

I can't remember when we said we're doing our weekend, but now I have to have that lip biopsy on June 2nd I think so can we make it like the end of the month so I don't look like I've been in a fight when trying on dresses?

Sooo putting you in the worst dresses ever, and you have to pretend to love them! :wohoo:

End of the month is better for me anyway as I have an exam in june but I am possibly going ona hen do camping trip as well around then so will have to find out the dates!

And I will happily try on tacky dresses but as a fake bridesmaid i do not have to pretend to like them :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->