August 2016 watermelons!

I need to put the tests down.

I just took one with darker more concentrated urine then this morning and the test seemed lighter. They are wonfo tests and parts of the lines are darker than other parts so idk how reliable they are.

I am going to conduct another test this afternoon and if it is still lighter going to dilute it to see if I'm getting hook effect results. Then I'm putting the tests down.

Hi all,

I haven't posted for a while after I had a bleed a couple of weeks ago. Had my early scan today and we saw a baby measuring 6+6 with a lovely heartbeat! Over the moon!

Hhim - I like the way you say conduct a test, like you are a scientist lol. It's so hard, I had to step away from the tests as well as I was getting stressed that they weren't getting darker by a certain point. I think once the line is a good dark line then a line is a line and tests aren't really a good indicator at all of how a pregnancy is progressing. Good luck with your experiment!!

Fairy - I love the banner, will try and add it tomorrow.

Hi to everyone else.

hh - I have a similar story about wondfos. They are 100% NOT reliable in terms of getting darker. I spotted at 12 dpo and the nurse at my doc's office told me I was probably having a chemical. She freaked me out, so the next morning I took another wondfo test and it was half as light as the previous day! Needless to say I freaked out, and my husband made me tell him what was wrong. We both really believed I was having a chemical at that point. He told me to take another to see if it was a faulty test. I kid you not, I took another with a dribble of urine and it was back to the same darkness as the previous day.

In my experience, time of day/concentration never mattered for testing. I personally think it's all bogus. Put the tests down and just believe you are pregnant. I know it's hard, but you'll drive yourself crazy. Those tests are cheap for a reason.

HH put the tests down and slowly step away! Also...whats the hook effect??

Im SO tired today...and my house is SO messy. Ugh. I dont want to clean, but I gotta. Need to get it done before dh gets home so he doesnt think Ive done nothing but play on the computer all day. ...Which is exactly what Ive done all day.

So happy to hear about all these scans with strong little hearts!!! I still have 5 days to go.

HH put the tests down and slowly step away! Also...whats the hook effect??

Im SO tired today...and my house is SO messy. Ugh. I dont want to clean, but I gotta. Need to get it done before dh gets home so he doesnt think Ive done nothing but play on the computer all day. ...Which is exactly what Ive done all day.

It's when you have so much HCG in your system the tests freak out and you actually get a lighter line than what you normally get. If you dilute the urine it usually will get dark again.

Hi I'm a bit late joining you ladies, its a bit of a surprise really, I have two kids already, 3.5 and 15 months and still breastfeeding, I had one period starting oct 30th (my cycles are long) and we dtd Nov 30th. I took a pregnancy test because i realised I hadn't had another period and it was really dark positive which would tie in with being 6 weeks. My husband doesn't really want another one yet (or at all so he says) although he knows I'd never abort so I just want to find myself first.

I also ate half an onion raw the other day because I fancied it, that made me suspicious.

I wish you all happy and healthy pregnancies, I haven't told ANYONE yet (not even hubby) so you're all I have.:thumbup:

Welcome Kitty! How long will you wait before telling husband?

Fairycat I absolutely love that banner! I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but how are you ladies adding it to your signature? It keeps asking me for the URL when I try to upload an image. I'm a bit computer illiterate... :blush:

Copy the link she posted without the * and paste in your signature

HH - so I tested every day until I had my scan (can't believe I just confessed to that). I had a heap of FRERs and I think at one point they just maxed out. I got 3+ on the CB digi and used the same urine for a DollarTree test and it came up with a faint line. I had 10 DollarTree tests and they never really got dark. Freaked me out bad... I would echo what everyone else said - step away from the pee sticks, they only make you more crazy.

Kitty - I hope when DH does find out he's happy. I think one thing is to think of an abstract baby that you may or may not want and another is to know you're pregnant. We're here for you!

We haven't really agreed on any names because my husband has some insane ideas from Greek mythology and ancient civilizations.... I'm not sure I can deal with that, lol... The only boy name we agreed on so far is Xander.

I'm honestly feeling like crap today... Just tired and headachy... Also I'd like to throw a fit and hide under the covers with some pop corn...

Mrs. W - So happy that your LO is good and growing! Hope you can relax a little now after the stressful weeks.

Yay for the hook effect! The first test was darker than this mornings and just as dark as the control line but I was still curious. I diluted it to about 50/50 and did another test and the test line was darker than the control!

I have one more test so I'm just going to wait a few days before I use it and then hopefully next wednesday I get good news at my appt.

Holy crap my back started hurting so bad! A couple of years ago I fell off of a bike onto my butt and injured my lower back. I don't know what I did today but it feels the exact same way. I can hardly bend over! I feel like an old lady...I need a walker!

Hey ladddiess :) Cant believe Im back on this site! Im due around 28th Aug but confused with dates ha! I dont even have a doctors appointment until 14/01 then got to wait for MW then scan, seem like forever away! I literally have 0 symptoms other than backache so I'm kind of worried!

So many August 16 babies:kiss:

Mrs W! That is great news! I was wondering how you are doing.

Welcome to the new ladies!

I have to wait another 2 weeks for my first appointment with my Doctor. My midwife office said they would call back with an appointment for week 10. I am really hoping one of them give me a dating scan. I took a digi on Christmas and it said 2-3 weeks according to LMP I was 5 weeks 6 days so I was expecting 3+ so I know my hcg is slow to rise which was the same with my son.

Hi all,

I haven't posted for a while after I had a bleed a couple of weeks ago. Had my early scan today and we saw a baby measuring 6+6 with a lovely heartbeat! Over the moon!

Hhim - I like the way you say conduct a test, like you are a scientist lol. It's so hard, I had to step away from the tests as well as I was getting stressed that they weren't getting darker by a certain point. I think once the line is a good dark line then a line is a line and tests aren't really a good indicator at all of how a pregnancy is progressing. Good luck with your experiment!!

Fairy - I love the banner, will try and add it tomorrow.

Hi to everyone else.

Hi Mrs W! Glad to see you back- been wondering how you are doing. So glad to hear your little bean is doing well 😊

Lilmiss - glad you like it! copy and paste this to your signature without the *'s

[*img*]https://i.imgur.com/aI4DMtc.jpg[/*img*]

We went to the store earlier and I got my mac and cheese! Oh man, did that hit the spot!!! I want more lol

Hubby left me again tonight to go shooting with his friend. I feel so clingy, it gets so lonely here when he's gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->