August 2016 watermelons!

I'm going to do the baking soda gender test tonight with hubby. I think you're supposed to be 10 weeks but meh I'm close enough lol.

I haven't really gotten much morning sickness either. There were like 3 notable days at 5.5 weeks. Now I'm starting to feel a lot better the past few days. I don't know how they can say that!

I've heard of the baking soda test but don't know the details. How are you supposed to do it, and what are you looking for?

I think you pee into baking soda and if it fizzes it means one gender and if not it means another

You put your pee in the baking soda. If it fizzes like beer it's a boy. I'm thinking of doing the Intelligender test too. It's supposed to be close to 90% accurate. It's kinda pricy though but on their site it's on sale.

I'm not sure what I want lol. I kinda want a boy but I don't know how to take care of one lol Ofcourse DH is hoping for a boy.

Right now I'm waiting to have to pee...

Awe I completely understand going into unknown gender territory. I think boys are a bit harder than girls. My DS was harder to get to sleep through the night, was messier, put everything in his mouth until he was 2 and was into things more than my DD. He also didn't take pain as well as her, like teething and diaper rash. On the other hand he absolutely adores me more than my DD does. There is nothing quite like having a son and I kind of hope you get to experience that, Holliems :)

I just tried the test for fun. I know I'm not 10 weeks either and I'll probably try again when the time comes. I put 2 tbsp. of baking soda in a cup of my urine, then reversed it by putting my urine into the baking soda because I was unsure of which way to do it or if it mattered lol. It fizzled so much it looked like when you put hydrogen peroxide on a cut. It was completely white on top with no hint of yellow. I sure wasn't expecting that because I've been having "girl vibes" and the fizzing would make it a boy.

Mine did the same thing! Super fizzy! Maybe we're both having boys!

And I've heard boys are a lot more cuddly than girls. I hear they're more easy going too.

Hi,
Checking in- it's been like a whole 24-48 hours but feels like eternity lol.

Happy 9 weeks, Fairy and Sorry to see none of us won powerball. We had a good laugh at work on Tuesday about how if we won as a department we'd Pay a celebrity to quit for us all. Haha.

1nce sorry to hear about the propaganda magazine they gave you! That's nuts! I have heard from a couple people that they felt great - no sickness and each of them has 2 gorgeous kids. Even my fertility doc and his nurse said to consider myself lucky that things have been mild for me �� Stupid magazine!

I've actually felt pretty nauseated this week but mostly a dull nausea. I haven't puked and I'm super grateful. I would not be able to deal with my job if I had full blown sickness.

Has anyone heard from gypsy since the other day? Wonder how she is doing.

Thanks guys. I hope today someone calls me back to book my ultrasound that would really cheer me up this week.

I think gypsy had a great ultrasound if I remember correctly

I don't think I would be able to deal with my job either with sickness, and they would be highly suspicious I guess I would have to tell them. I'm going to wait as long as possible to tell them I'm pregnant.

Thank god it's Friday, and a long weekend where I work as I have Monday off.

I'll have to try the baking soda test, that sounds interesting.

I get Monday off too, I'm excited! Any chance to sleep in I take advantage of, I am so exhausted all the time. I set my alarm early to get up and shower (I'm usually a night showerer, but started wearing my hair curly again so morning is best) and here I am lying in bed a half hour later having no desire to get up.

Just did baking soda test and it did absolutely nothing. Yay girl!

Fairycat - I did the baking soda test with Noah and it was right, I am going to have to try that again.

I haven't washed my hair in three days :-$ Thanks goodness I have straight hair and using baby powder on the roots really helps with the greasy look and it actually gives a little volume. Plus my pregnant self loves the smell. .

I booked a private ultrasound next Saturday 1/23. And now I'm nervous all over again.

I'm with you Tee - I haven't washed mine in like 4 days. I'm so tired, I don't feel like dealing with it. I started wearing my hair curly again since it's finally long enough so I don't have to wash it every other day. At least with product in it doesn't feel as disgusting, and it's good for curls not to wash too often. Couldn't have come at a better time. I have to wet it in the morning anyway, so doesn't matter if the shower hits it. I feel ultra lazy lately.

Good to know the baking soda test was accurate for somebody. Last time Ramzi theory was accurate for me. So far both Ramzi and baking soda say girl, and that's my feeling. Guess I'll find out in a little over a month after our blood test.

I wash my hair every other day but since my hair is dead straight it would look so greasy if I left it for one more day.

Hope everyone is well today. I on the other hand had more blood drawn yesterday and sent home with Zantac to attempt to heal the burning and pain in my right side and stomach.. no idea if its heartburn in the wrong place but I am trying it. I also developed a lovely rash on my lower leg goes up to mid calf... itches and hurts. Itching without rash on my face and had it on my back last night as well. I have no damn idea WHAT is going on but I sure wish my doctors could figure it out. I am sick of blood draws and no answers. I also was told I need higher vitamin D than I am taking because normal range starts at 20 mine was 9...

I was gone for a few days but I'm finally caught up!!!

I definitely want to try the baking soda but I'll wait another week so I'm closer to 10 weeks. Chinese chart says boy (thank god). Any other fun little tests I can try?

I know we're off the subject already but I wanted to comment on the sleeping. I haven't gotten a full nights rest since the day I found out which was a little over 4 weeks ago! I get up to pee at least twice a night but what's pissing me off is the fact that I toss and turn all night. And every single night I'm awake between 2-3 like clockwork and it usually takes me 2-3 hours to get back to sleep.

Unlike everyone else here I don't work (I'm a FT student) so I don't have to worry about getting up early for work but geez it's still so frustrating. I just want to sleep comfortably for at least 5-6 hours. This being awake every 3 hours thing is suppose to be life AFTER the baby is born! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->