August 2016 watermelons!

I was gone for a few days but I'm finally caught up!!!

I definitely want to try the baking soda but I'll wait another week so I'm closer to 10 weeks. Chinese chart says boy (thank god). Any other fun little tests I can try?

I know we're off the subject already but I wanted to comment on the sleeping. I haven't gotten a full nights rest since the day I found out which was a little over 4 weeks ago! I get up to pee at least twice a night but what's pissing me off is the fact that I toss and turn all night. And every single night I'm awake between 2-3 like clockwork and it usually takes me 2-3 hours to get back to sleep.

Unlike everyone else here I don't work (I'm a FT student) so I don't have to worry about getting up early for work but geez it's still so frustrating. I just want to sleep comfortably for at least 5-6 hours. This being awake every 3 hours thing is suppose to be life AFTER the baby is born! lol

It's the same here... I wake up constantly to pee or just because. Midnight, 2am, 4am, up for work at 530am. itll probably get better in the second trimester and then worse again in the 3rd lol

First I was waking up like clockwork around 4am. Now it's like exactly 9:23pm (I'm usually asleep by 9 now), somewhere around 12:30 on occasion, between 2-3, and 4-4:30am. Ugh! I never had to get up to pee when not pregnant, but if I'm anywhere close to being hydrated, I get up at least twice. So annoying! Usually when I wake up around 2-3am, that's when I'm tossing and turning.

Really hope this passes quickly for all of us. I do feel like I'm getting better sleeps than I was a couple weeks ago though.

My doc says it's safe to take Benedryl for sleeping, if anybody chooses to try something.

I'm with you Tee - I haven't washed mine in like 4 days. I'm so tired, I don't feel like dealing with it. I started wearing my hair curly again since it's finally long enough so I don't have to wash it every other day. At least with product in it doesn't feel as disgusting, and it's good for curls not to wash too often. Couldn't have come at a better time. I have to wet it in the morning anyway, so doesn't matter if the shower hits it. I feel ultra lazy lately.

Good to know the baking soda test was accurate for somebody. Last time Ramzi theory was accurate for me. So far both Ramzi and baking soda say girl, and that's my feeling. Guess I'll find out in a little over a month after our blood test.

The Ramzi was right for my son too, this one it's saying girl. So we'll see. I'm excited to see if it works this time too.

Hope gypsy is feeling better and everyone else is doing OK? I've struggled to keep up this week as I haven't been well and had a really busy week at work.

I haven't tried any of the gender theory tests yet but my gut feeling is that I have a girl on board :thumbup:

This thread moves crazy fast.

Weve just found ourselfs with a LARGE bill so are looking at moving i with friends to save some money. It sucks but i really appreciate there help right now

Not getting any sleep either. Uuugh. Zzzzz...Woke up this morning (4th or 5th time) around 5am, super weepy. Now my eyes feel swollen and extra tired.

I leave for my appointment in two hours. Wouldn't it be nice if they gave me a scan? But they probably won't.

I booked a private scan for tomorrow. It's a little drive away but it's only $20. Can't beat that!

My doc says it's safe to take Benedryl for sleeping, if anybody chooses to try something.

I would try it. My doctor has me taking Unisom at night to help sleep through my all day morning sickness. Works good and keeps me asleep all night. It also doesn't make me feel drowsy in the mornings after I wake up.

Not getting any sleep either. Uuugh. Zzzzz...Woke up this morning (4th or 5th time) around 5am, super weepy. Now my eyes feel swollen and extra tired.

I leave for my appointment in two hours. Wouldn't it be nice if they gave me a scan? But they probably won't.

I booked a private scan for tomorrow. It's a little drive away but it's only $20. Can't beat that!

20 for a private scan? Heck yeah! I'd do it all the time!!!!

Mine did the same thing! Super fizzy! Maybe we're both having boys!

And I've heard boys are a lot more cuddly than girls. I hear they're more easy going too.

Maybe. It'll be interesting to see when gender is confirmed. I would love to have another boy, in all honesty. My DS was much more lovable than his sister ever was. The easier part didn't apply to him but he made up for it by being a cuddle bug.

Is anyone having the DNA blood test that determines gender as early as 5-7 weeks?

Do they have a blood test that's gender only that they can detect that early? We're getting the genetic testing done with gender, but that won't be until I'm 13 weeks.

If I found a place that did scans for $20, I think I would go every week! lol

The only reason I'm on BnB so much is because I'm at work and my work is very boring right now. I keep this up and check it every now and then. On the weekends I have 2-3 pages to catch up on.

Looking forward to hearing about your appointment Hollie!

Oh, and I keep forgetting to ask! Is anybody else producing a lot more mucous than normal? I wake up with the hugest boogers in my nose, I have to blow my nose everyday. That's new for me.

I think my cold finally caught up w me. Feeling not good at all, might of caught a bug from sister in law, she has a big fever. I'm hoping I don't get a fever because I read that fevers can hurt the baby. I'm so worried.

It is a blood test, Fairycat. I think I might ask my doctor about it since I have to give 6 vials of blood already anyway. Here is a link to it: https://www.pregnancy.org/article/blood-test-determines-gender-at-seven-weeks

I wish they had $20 private scans around here. I would get one every couple of weeks when I got paid!

Sorry you're feeling so crappy, s.owens. It is not fun being pregnant in the first tri, let alone having a bug. Fever usually doesn't affect pregnancy as long as it doesn't stay high for very long. Hope you get well soon!

Interesting test, I don't think I would ever get that one. Sounds similiar to the one doc offered us, but that one tests for more life-impacting/threating disorders that I think is more productive.

I rescheduled scan for tonight at 7! Nervous and can't wait! I think I get one 2d pic and one 3D pic. Im wondering what kinda place does scans for only 20 bucks though... I do have to drive out of San Diego to get it. 30 minutes out. And the place looks like a house with a baby boutique in it. Hmm Still it's only $20.

If my DH wasn't to adamant about finding out the sex I'd probably wait until birth. I always wanted that "it's a boy!" surprise. He doesn't want to get a late 3D scan though to see its face before its born though. I do!

Good luck Hollie! Post pics when you are done. My scan next week also includes a 3D picture and I'll be 9wks and 6 days so I'm interested to see what yours looks like !

Maybe it's a tech that does it from their home? My bro and sis in law live in San Diego. They are expecting a baby too, they copied us... and sort of jealous they are having theirs first :p

Can't wait to see a pic!

Well ladies..midwife found baby's heart right away with Doppler beating in the 160s!! SO relieved!!!! I'll post a picture of tonight's scan when I get it! Oh..and I go in for the genetic testing Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->