August 2016 watermelons!

Ok, I've started making one. I've added my husband as the first member so I can get it up and running, and he's helping me with it (he runs a couple other pages). Once I'm done I'll kick him out and start adding you guys. Looks like the majority is interested.

I can assure you the group is set to secret so nobody will see that you joined or see your posts. My facebook doesn't know about it either. I joined a March group that was set to secret and had no issues, minus accidentally posted to my timeline once instead.. lol

If you want to pm me your email that you use on facebook, I will start adding you probably tomorrow. If you feel more comfortable, you can just send me your name and a description of your profile pic so I know I'm adding the right person :)

Also, if you know anybody else due in April, feel free to invite them. I know there's another thread in the PAL forum, not sure if any of them would be interested.

I'm definitely interested in the FB group, I'm on FB all throughout the day!

Baby says hello! Measuring a day ahead at 9 weeks exactly. Doctor said everything looks perfect. It was moving around and waving its tiny arm :cloud9:. So so happy!

The doctor looked carefully since I had that little bit of spotting on Friday and said she didn't see anything worrisome. Everything looks just as it should and she said we should be happy :).

As for the Facebook group, I'm generally not on Facebook because all my friends post about are their perfect children when we struggled for so long, lol. They annoy me. But I could always just go straight to the group! Don't want to be the one negative nellie.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 2
Baby says hello! Measuring a day ahead at 9 weeks exactly. Doctor said everything looks perfect. It was moving around and waving its tiny arm :cloud9:. So so happy!

The doctor looked carefully since I had that little bit of spotting on Friday and said she didn't see anything worrisome. Everything looks just as it should and she said we should be happy :).

As for the Facebook group, I'm generally not on Facebook because all my friends post about are their perfect children when we struggled for so long, lol. They annoy me. But I could always just go straight to the group! Don't want to be the one negative nellie.

What a gorgeous scan. Congrats!! :)

Glad to hear it went well! Beautiful pic! <3

I understand about the Facebook thing. I felt the same way when we mc'd. All these people were getting pregnant so easily and I'm wondering why it couldn't be that way for us. It is also one of the reasons why I'm reluctant to announce this time, because I feel for those who are going through the same situation and don't ever say. I mean let's face it... to struggle with fertility is a personal thing that nobody wants to admit publicly on FB.

There are a couple reasons I am not sharing on FB yet-

1. I just want to wait until I'm through the first trimester to share with the world. I already have the what-ifs in my head and I push them out and choose to be positive and try to enjoy. I don't really want to get everyone elses unsolicited first trimester what-if advice right now. (I have a couple very practical but almost negative people on my FB that mean well I just don't want to hear it. I've seen how unsupportively they reacted to their own families pregnancies in the first trimester and was turned off)

2. There are a couple (abusive) people (family members) I chose to cut out of my life after my mom died for my own emotional health. They will find out through the grapevine as soon as I announce it on FB. I just don't want that added stress right now. They don't respect my request to be left alone as it is. Last thing I want is to hear from them...I have this idea I'll be able to shrug them off better at least on this topic after the 12 week mark.

3. I am sad to say I haven't told my own stepsister (who I am close with) for reason number 2 above. I don't want to hurt her by her finding out on FB. So I plan to tell her just before the FB world finds out.

1. I just want to wait until I'm through the first trimester to share with the world. I already have the what-ifs in my head and I push them out and choose to be positive and try to enjoy. I don't really want to get everyone elses unsolicited first trimester what-if advice right now. (I have a couple very practical but almost negative people on my FB that mean well I just don't want to hear it. I've seen how unsupportively they reacted to their own families pregnancies in the first trimester and was turned off)

2. There are a couple (abusive) people (family members) I chose to cut out of my life after my mom died for my own emotional health. They will find out through the grapevine as soon as I announce it on FB. I just don't want that added stress right now. They don't respect my request to be left alone as it is. Last thing I want is to hear from them...I have this idea I'll be able to shrug them off better at least on this topic after the 12 week mark.

3. I am sad to say I haven't told my own stepsister (who I am close with) for reason number 2 above. I don't want to hurt her by her finding out on FB. So I plan to tell her just before the FB world finds out.

All of those are good reasons, Andrea. I can understand why you wish to wait. There is a lot of drama on Facebook. I announced with my last pregnancy before my first ultrasound scan and soon regretted it because when we found out that the baby had no heartbeat. I was crushed to have to tell everyone. Most people were extremely understanding but there were a few that thought I was never pregnant and was just saying that I was for attention. They were immediately unfriended and blocked. I don't need that kind of drama in my life. Now I'm hesitant to post with this one because of my history of miscarriage and want to be sure that I'm at a point in my pregnancy where I don't need an ultrasound to know that the baby is ok. If the Doppler picks up a heartbeat or if he/she is kicking, that is good enough for me to know "hey mommy I'm still here" lol.

All of those are good reasons, Andrea. I can understand why you wish to wait. There is a lot of drama on Facebook. I announced with my last pregnancy before my first ultrasound scan and soon regretted it because when we found out that the baby had no heartbeat. I was crushed to have to tell everyone. Most people were extremely understanding but there were a few that thought I was never pregnant and was just saying that I was for attention. They were immediately unfriended and blocked. I don't need that kind of drama in my life. Now I'm hesitant to post with this one because of my history of miscarriage and want to be sure that I'm at a point in my pregnancy where I don't need an ultrasound to know that the baby is ok. If the Doppler picks up a heartbeat or if he/she is kicking, that is good enough for me to know "hey mommy I'm still here" lol.

Thanks! Wow, people can be such jerks. How could you even accuse someone of sharing a miscarriage for attention getting? Horrible. I'm sorry you went through both of those experiences! You did the right thing saying goodbye to those jerks. Sharing the hard news would be so painful without their a-hole comments.

I do also want to be sensitive to others. I have a friend who has one beautiful daughter and has shared her heartbreak with her friends ( probably a select bunch) after a couple miscarriages. I really feel for her because I know how desperately she would like to have number two. I admit I have had some selfish thoughts around how blessed she is to have her daughter as it is when many of us are just praying for our first. I know that does not diminish the pain of what she has gone through though so I have tried to let go of the slight jealousy and be sensitive to her pain. Feels icky to admit. On the flip side though I have seen positive sharing of success stories on Facebook as well after battles with infertility so those are nice to see as well. I'm looking forward to sharing when I'm ready. Just a couple more weeks!

Facebook isn't all bad and I truly look forward to joining our FB group. I'm just cautious.

It really was selfish of them, especially since they couldn't understand the pain - and embarrassment - I was going through (neither had kids themselves). It is understandable to want to share the news. Starting a family is one of those cherished life moments. Oh, I'm personally bursting about wanting to share mine, but I too am being cautious about it. Eventually I'm going to have to post it though because I have a lot of long distance family and they get really mad when I don't tell them something as big as a new baby on the way. My cousin didn't tell Facebook that she had a baby until after it was born and she had to hear about it for months.

While we're on the subject of Facebook... has anyone heard from Fairycat? Anyone know if she has the group up yet or not?

Finally updating! I got back from my scan and we went out to dinner and a movie so I'm home late. I don't have the pictures on my computer yet but I'll post once I get them on here. Baby was perfect, heart rate was 173 and measuring 8w3d which is more on point with my temps for the cycle I conceived (my temps were all over the place). Sucks that I'm 6 days behind what I thought but I'm so so thankful to have a healthy, sticky, bean. Baby even wiggled for us a bit :) in love already.

Finally updating! I got back from my scan and we went out to dinner and a movie so I'm home late. I don't have the pictures on my computer yet but I'll post once I get them on here. Baby was perfect, heart rate was 173 and measuring 8w3d which is more on point with my temps for the cycle I conceived (my temps were all over the place). Sucks that I'm 6 days behind what I thought but I'm so so thankful to have a healthy, sticky, bean. Baby even wiggled for us a bit :) in love already.

Congrats, Angel! Can't wait to see pics!

Gah!!! I'm having trouble adding people to the group, because it's set to secret. Apparently I need to either be friends with you or have mutual friends in order to add you. If you're ok with it, add me as a friend and I'll add you. Amy Hernandez, profile pic is of me in my wedding dress.

Don't worry, I won't spill the beans to anybody, and you can unfriend me after you're added if you wish :)

Oops! I'm guilty of that... I completely forgot I had mine set to accepting requests of friends of friends because the majority of my Facebook are family and school friends. :dohh:

Yay!! Congrats Angel, I'm so happy for you!! I know you've been feeling anxious. Happy you got such great news and that you got to do a little celebrating &#128522;

Gah!!! I'm having trouble adding people to the group, because it's set to secret. Apparently I need to either be friends with you or have mutual friends in order to add you. If you're ok with it, add me as a friend and I'll add you. Amy Hernandez, profile pic is of me in my wedding dress.

Don't worry, I won't spill the beans to anybody, and you can unfriend me after you're added if you wish :)

Friend request sent &#128522;

Congrats, Angel!! Isn't the wiggling so dang cute? I can't stand it!

Thank you all for the kind words! Feeling much better and more confident about everything. Hopefully I can stay confident and relaxed for 2 weeks until the next scan, lol. Thank goodness my doctor will let me come in so often!

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear about some of the awful things you've had to deal with on Facebook. Especially about your losses, lilmiss! Thankfully I think everyone on mine means well and probably would never say anything negative, but they do act ignorant of other people's pain. Plus it's like hello, stop only posting photos of your kids. I'm not friends with them! Ok rant over :).

I'm definitely waiting until maybe after my 13 week nt scan to announce to the "world" via Facebook. I'm going to be candid about my loss so that other people know that it's not easy for everyone, and to make it known in case someone else is suffering. I also don't want miscarriage to be something no one ever talks about. T makes it so hard to go through alone.

:flower:

Good luck with your appointment today :) As far as itchy lets go, I have bad eczema and a lotion that really helps me is aveeno eczema relief ... It has colloidal oatmeal in it and it's very soothing. I asked the doctor and they said this lotion is fine while pregnant, so if you need a good lotion, I can vouch for that one.

Thank you for the recommendation! I might check that out if i can't find a natural one that works well. :)

Also I asked my doctor today about the itching and she wasn't concerned. She said it's way too early to have to do with the liver issue. Also I was texting my friend today and she said she had the same thing in her first tri. Thinking it will start to ease up as I approach the 2nd tri.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->