August 2016 watermelons!

I sent you a message fairy :) A Facebook group seems much easier to keep up with. This group moves so fast!

So an update to my last post, I had my doctor's appointment last night and she wanted to see me because I have group B strep. Apparently it's pretty common, it just means that I'll need to have antibiotics when I go into labour to prevent the baby from getting it. The doctor said it's not really a concern, it's just something they like to know about so they can prevent it. So I'm on antibiotics now to clear it up so I don't get a kidney infection and I need to eat lots of yogurt with active bacteria.

I'm so glad it's nothing serious. Apparently a third of women have GBS and with the antibiotics during labour it decreases the chances of the baby getting it to almost zero.

I had group B strep as well which means I'll have to have an IV in during my delivery. Most hospitals give you an IV or at the very least a saline lock anyway, so it is no big deal, and if it helps the baby then I'm all for it! When they first told me, I didn't know what it was and was freaking out thinking it was some nasty disease I somehow caught. I was about to accuse DH of cheating! :haha:

fairy I sent the request this morning. I wanted to get on here and get my photo posted from yesterday.

I was feeling anxious so it was so nice to get good news. I have to reset my tickers but that's not a huge deal, 6 days is nothing in the long run. And yes, the wiggling was probably the coolest thing I've seen. My OH and I were both crying happy tears.

Beautiful pic! Baby already looks huge! <3

I am seriously struggling. I don't feel pregnant. I'm so scared Friday night I'm going for a scan and it's gonna reveal I'm not pregnant anymore. Does anyone feel this way??

I think it is the stage where we're all at. We're at the point where the placenta is starting to form rather quickly and hormones are beginning to level out, thus sickness is going away.

I sent you a message fairy :) A Facebook group seems much easier to keep up with. This group moves so fast!

So an update to my last post, I had my doctor's appointment last night and she wanted to see me because I have group B strep. Apparently it's pretty common, it just means that I'll need to have antibiotics when I go into labour to prevent the baby from getting it. The doctor said it's not really a concern, it's just something they like to know about so they can prevent it. So I'm on antibiotics now to clear it up so I don't get a kidney infection and I need to eat lots of yogurt with active bacteria.

I'm so glad it's nothing serious. Apparently a third of women have GBS and with the antibiotics during labour it decreases the chances of the baby getting it to almost zero.

I carry gbs its a pain because you can test neg then 2 days later poss. We found out through placenta swaps last time and spent a week in hosp giving oscar procautionary antibs. Ill deffo be doing the iv during labour this time

Yep, you all have added the right Amy :)

I would think that miscarriage at this point (for all of us here) is pretty slim, right? I mean...we've all made it this far...

My doc said something about the risk of miscarriage going down to 3% by.. I forget how many weeks - I want to say 11? Then I read on the internet somewhere that the risk of miscarriage is like .5%. At any rate, it's slim :D Still doesn't make me feel much better though lol

My doctor told me once you heard a healthy heartbeat over 90 bpm by 6 weeks, 120 bpm by 7 weeks that you only have a 1% chance of miscarrying so I would think that by 11 weeks, it would be even less than that. But yes... I understand that even at those odds we are all still very concerned until we are able to feel kicks.

Part of me wants to announce to the extended family right now. I can't contain myself after last night and the good news. I've read somewhere that it's 1.5% chance of mc after a good heart beat at 8w and 0.5% chance after heartbeat at 9w so I feel so much better than what I did before.

1nce I didn't get to hear the heartbeat at all yesterday on ultrasound, we just got to see it flicker and she measured the rate. It was still worth it to see it even if I have to wait a few weeks to hear it, knowing it's there is wonderful.

theraphosidae - I was GBS positive with my son. Everything turned out fine. Just don't go looking on Dr Google because it makes it out to be so much worse since it can be really bad if baby catches it but Drs are so quick at catching it that there is no worries with the precautions in place! :)

11 weeks &#128513; so looking forward to 2nd tri! Who do I need to add on Facebook? I'm Kirsty Bennett by the way for when I add &#9786;&#65039;

Happy 11 weeks :happydance:

At my scan on tues theres every chance i could be put forward to 31st july. Baby was measured a few times some dating 1st aug some 31st july. Can i stay lol

11 weeks &#55357;&#56833; so looking forward to 2nd tri! Who do I need to add on Facebook? I'm Kirsty Bennett by the way for when I add &#9786;&#65039;

That's me! What does your profile picture look like? There are a number of you out there, apparently!

Happy 11 weeks!! That's so exciting, you're so close to the 2nd trimester!

Thanks for the reassurances everyone! I'm so bad with Google-ing...when I got the call from the dr's office saying the doctor wanted to discuss my blood work I was looking up everything. My husband actually threatened to unplug the modem and take away my cell phone if I didn't stop :haha:

I'm not too concerned about it, my doctor was very reassuring too and apparently it's quite common.

Happy 11 weeks, 20yr!

Guys, I'm now at the time period where I lost my first. But I didn't find out until 11
weeks. Trying not to think about it because I've had symptoms lately although not as nauseous today. But these next couple of weeks until my next scan may be stressful!

11 weeks &#65533;&#65533; so looking forward to 2nd tri! Who do I need to add on Facebook? I'm Kirsty Bennett by the way for when I add &#9786;&#65039;

That's me! What does your profile picture look like? There are a number of you out there, apparently!

Happy 11 weeks!! That's so exciting, you're so close to the 2nd trimester!

There's nothing distinctive about my pic &#128514; it's just me I have dark hair? Or shall I add you what name and pic?

Happy 11 weeks, 20yr!

Guys, I'm now at the time period where I lost my first. But I didn't find out until 11
weeks. Trying not to think about it because I've had symptoms lately although not as nauseous today. But these next couple of weeks until my next scan may be stressful!

I bet you everything will be OK! Is it possible for you to get an extra ultrasound or maybe pay for a private one to put your mind at ease ? Hang in there, first trimester is almost over for all of us!!

Happy 11 weeks! :happydance: So exciting to be so far already!

Ksquared - I think after you have a loss it makes every subsequent pregnancy not as exciting because you're constantly worrying. I'm now officially at the furthest point where I've come in my past three pregnancies too, which all ended early between 6-8 weeks, and I still symptom spot. Not to mention I'm a constant toilet paper checker. I tried to get into my doctor for another scan to confirm that the baby is still doing well and they denied me, saying that if it had a heartbeat during my first scan at 7 weeks, it should be fine since I haven't had any bleeding. I hate when they don't take our concerns seriously :(

I don't think I'll stop worrying until I can feel baby move. I've already had 3 scans, the last being last week and I still worry I've lost it. (Another scan next week) I just can't relax about it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->