August 2016 watermelons!

Hello ladies. I need some time to catch up with the group.

Hyperemesis still has me down. The phenergan helps but nothing takes it away completely, but I am doing better today than I was last week.

Had my first OB appointment today. Everything looks great with baby. Heart rate is 176 bpm. Measuring a little ahead at 9w1d. I'm super excited!! Hope everyone has been well. I'll catch up on this group this evening.

Attachments

• PicsArt_01-21-03.29.11.jpg
    PicsArt_01-21-03.29.11.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 7
Hi all!
I'm happy to be joining the August Watermelons Club :) My DD is the 29th according to my lmp.
All the very best ladies.

Holliems I agree, it is hard to relax until you can feel those fetal movements. I feel like I'm feeling SOMETHING but I can't tell if it is baby causing waves in there or...? It kind of feels like the amniotic fluid is being swished around. I keep feeling pops and gurgles in the same one spot. However I'm not convinced that it is for sure baby movement so I'm still edgy. I don't like my doctor I'm seeing right now. I really want to switch back to my old office. They just don't take my concerns seriously.

Gypsymomma - Congrats on a healthy baby and beautiful scan! I'm so sorry that you're still feeling the effects of HG. Only a few more weeks and hopefully we'll all be feeling better :)

Lilred - Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you!

I think it's normal to worry when we've had a loss in the past. I'm so happy with my scan and still terrified at the same time that something is still going to go wrong. Then I notice my stomach doing flips with nausea and I'm annoyed yet comforted (such a weird thing to be comforted by).

I bet you everything will be OK! Is it possible for you to get an extra ultrasound or maybe pay for a private one to put your mind at ease ? Hang in there, first trimester is almost over for all of us!!
Thank you :). I mostly feel optimistic about this one. I have another scan in exactly 2 weeks, so not too long. I hope I can hang on and wait until then. But yes, if I really can't stand it I could always look into a private scan. :)

Happy 11 weeks! :happydance: So exciting to be so far already!

Ksquared - I think after you have a loss it makes every subsequent pregnancy not as exciting because you're constantly worrying. I'm now officially at the furthest point where I've come in my past three pregnancies too, which all ended early between 6-8 weeks, and I still symptom spot. Not to mention I'm a constant toilet paper checker. I tried to get into my doctor for another scan to confirm that the baby is still doing well and they denied me, saying that if it had a heartbeat during my first scan at 7 weeks, it should be fine since I haven't had any bleeding. I hate when they don't take our concerns seriously :(
Congratulations on making it past the scary time when you had previous losses. I'm sorry your doctors won't give you another scan - I agree so frustrating! That's why I've stuck with my doctor, because she seems to understand how worried I am this second time around. As long as I keep having symptoms and don't have any more spotting, I think I'll manage.

I don't think I'll stop worrying until I can feel baby move. I've already had 3 scans, the last being last week and I still worry I've lost it. (Another scan next week) I just can't relax about it..
I hear you! And my doctor said she things my placenta will be anterior, so that means I'll have to wait even longer to feel the baby move! UGHH.

I think it's normal to worry when we've had a loss in the past. I'm so happy with my scan and still terrified at the same time that something is still going to go wrong. Then I notice my stomach doing flips with nausea and I'm annoyed yet comforted (such a weird thing to be comforted by).
I am exactly the same! I smile after I gag/dry heave lol. It also doesn't help that last time I had a normal scan at just over 8 weeks, only to have the baby stop progressing less than a week later. But the odds are in my favor this time.

Thanks, ladies, for the reassurances. I'm sure we'll all be very happy to leave the first tri behind in a few weeks!

yay gypsy, that's so exciting! Congrats on the great scan!

11 weeks �� so looking forward to 2nd tri! Who do I need to add on Facebook? I'm Kirsty Bennett by the way for when I add ☺️

That's me! What does your profile picture look like? There are a number of you out there, apparently!

Happy 11 weeks!! That's so exciting, you're so close to the 2nd trimester!

There's nothing distinctive about my pic 😂 it's just me I have dark hair? Or shall I add you what name and pic?

I don't want to add the wrong person, so you can add me - Amy Hernandez. My pic is me in my wedding dress.

Hyperemesis still has me down. The phenergan helps but nothing takes it away completely, but I am doing better today than I was last week.

Had my first OB appointment today. Everything looks great with baby. Heart rate is 176 bpm. Measuring a little ahead at 9w1d. I'm super excited!! Hope everyone has been well. I'll catch up on this group this evening.

Congrats! We have been thinking of you. I am glad the baby is doing well and that you are at least feeling a bit better than last week!

11 weeks �� so looking forward to 2nd tri! Who do I need to add on Facebook? I'm Kirsty Bennett by the way for when I add ☺️

That's me! What does your profile picture look like? There are a number of you out there, apparently!

Happy 11 weeks!! That's so exciting, you're so close to the 2nd trimester!

There's nothing distinctive about my pic 😂 it's just me I have dark hair? Or shall I add you what name and pic?

I don't want to add the wrong person, so you can add me - Amy Hernandez. My pic is me in my wedding dress.

Added so hoping I got the right person lol

You can add me,

Megan Martin, both cover and profile pic of my little girl.

In 12 hours I'm going to get to see if my bean is ok. This is going to be one long day.

Hi ladies. I've been stalking this thread but didn't want to post until I knew baby was ok. Had a scan today at 8w 4 days and baby is great hb173.
Due date August 29th 😊

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 3
I would like to be added on Facebook but is the group "secret"? I haven't announced yet and don't want anyone to see me in the group 😬 Facebook is usually easier for me to be active though.
Steffany Hosmer is my Facebook name

I'm so sorry I forgot to comment about your scan! Looks beautiful and I'm so happy everything went well! :hugs:

Congratulations steffy! The group is secret, if you find and add Amy I'm sure she will ads you :thumbup:

Good luck 1nce :hugs:

Congratulations, Steffy! Beautiful scan! Glad your pregnancy is progressing nicely. I see you've had previous losses, so I'm sure you're a bit stressed but we're all here to help you through it. We'll all be in the 2nd tri before long. Can't wait!

Congrats and welcome, steffy! I've had recurrent losses too so I understand the anxiety of having to wait to find out if everything is ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->