August 2016 watermelons!

Thanks for the info, 1nce! Did your doctor tell you how much caffeine you're allowed as a daily limit? I've read 200 mg but that seems kind of high to me...

She never really said an mg amount but she said "two cans of soda" for migraines I think she used Coke as an example. When I mentioned I had one cup of coffee a day she said that's perfectly fine. Before I was pregnant I was on a definite 2-3 cup of joe a day habit and I just thought if I ditched it all together my migraines would go crazy. And I'm junk when I have a migraine . They are terrible! I feel for you.

I also remember a friend who was pregnant last year her doctor OKd her to drink 2 mountain dews a day (she has a huge Mountain Dew habit lol)

Actually Mountain Dew was what I always drank because of the high caffeine content. Other pops just didn't have enough caffeine to cure my headaches and energy drinks would make my heart race. I had a migraine this morning when I woke up and drank a Coke after you mentioned that it was ok to safely have a cup a day. My headache seems to have let up a bit. I agree... they ruin your whole day... makes my nausea worse too :(

I was drinking half a pot of coffee, dew and monsters. Now I hardly ever even have a Pepsi. Crazy! I'm worried about consuming too much sugar. I was still drinking soda everyday until about two weeks ago. Now I'll have one every few days. I think the reason why I'd gained 8 lbs by 9 weeks is because of soda. (And takeout) I've given up take up completely:(

I was told 200mg/day. I actually thought it seemed high too so I cut waaaay back.

I used to drink cups of coffee from the coffemaker before work, then a double latte on the way to work, and ALSO maybe an americano in the afternoon!

I went cold turkey for about a week but missed it so much that I decided I'd keep my lattes in the mix because j just enjoy them so much. (And honestly my stomach is used to them in the morning) Instead of a double I do a double split now which is 1 shot of regular espresso and 1 shot of decaf. I have to have the flavor of two shots if not the caffeine �� I estimate the double split is about 100mg caffeine and I stop there.

I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but I do love Tea. I have switched to decaf tea which is not too bad. And I still do occasionally have a normal Tea.
I did have a glass of wine this weekend when relaxing with friends however I did sip it slowly over 2 hours. Lol. But it was enjoyable.

I do feel really sorry for you ladies getting migraines. Hopefully they aren't too frequent for the rest of the pregnancy.

Actually Mountain Dew was what I always drank because of the high caffeine content. Other pops just didn't have enough caffeine to cure my headaches and energy drinks would make my heart race. I had a migraine this morning when I woke up and drank a Coke after you mentioned that it was ok to safely have a cup a day. My headache seems to have let up a bit. I agree... they ruin your whole day... makes my nausea worse too :(

I hope your migraines ease up :) and who knows maybe once we all hit the second trimester we won't even need it! I highly doubt it for myself lol I still have that urge to drink 2-3 cups.

Fairy, what Doppler do you have? I want to get one but I was gonna wait a couple more weeks. And how do you know it's not your heartbeat or like the placenta or something ? Is there a clear difference?

I got the Sonoline B from babydoppler. It's on sale for $40 until the end of January, and it comes with a little bottle of gel. It's a nice little kit, I love it. Although the heart rate that it reads out is completely inaccurate. (I recorded baby's hb on my phone and then timed and counted to get the correct rate.)

You can tell the difference between heartbeats, because yours will be much slower. If you're unsure, pay attention to your own heartbeat. Baby's will be significantly faster!! You'll know it when you hear it :) It's pretty amazing. I had no idea what I was looking for either, but it will be really obvious when you happen upon it.

I think I'm finally going to cave in and buy a Doppler on Wednesday when I get paid. I want to announce to everyone but I feel like I still need reassurance. The caffeine thing I've gone to 1 cup of coffee in the morning. Otherwise I might go crazy.

I was a huge coffee drinker. I'd have two cups before work and maybe three when I got to work. If someone made a pot in the afternoon I'd have a cup or two. Now I drink half caf in the am, maybe one cup and then I drink water the rest of the day. Unless I go out of the office for lunch, I'll have one soda with lunch. Then it's water and powerade at night. At the beginning I had migraine type headaches. I am so glad I'm past that!

I looooove coffee used to drink 6 cappuccinos a day at work. It was a major sickness food for me. So was easy to give up. I now have one every now and then. Not everyday

I never had the taste for coffee :blush:

Maybe it is something I should try since it is more natural than pop (coming from the coffee bean) and is loaded with the caffeine I need to help my headaches.

I miss chocolate covered coffee beans. I've never been able to find them anywhere but a candy shop here in SD. I might stock up before I move to TX!

Hello ladies, I'm due August 2nd and would love to join you! This is #3 for us, so I probably won't be quite as active on BnB as I was with the first two, but it's always fun to talk to other moms due around the same time!

I have two boys, and will probably find out gender in 4 weeks. Was planning to stay team yellow, but ehh.. I'm too curious lol

That sounds kind of tasty, Hollie. I've never seen them though. There is a candy shoppe close to me that sells old fashioned sweets and weird things like candy coated grasshoppers. Maybe I'll have a look in there.

Welcome to the group, MrsK! Congrats on your third pregnancy! Baby #3 for me too :)

Hello ladies, I'm due August 2nd and would love to join you! This is #3 for us, so I probably won't be quite as active on BnB as I was with the first two, but it's always fun to talk to other moms due around the same time!

I have two boys, and will probably find out gender in 4 weeks. Was planning to stay team yellow, but ehh.. I'm too curious lol

Welcome :)

Hi MrsK I'm also due with #3. We were team yellow with both our girls but I'm not sure this time.

Welcome MrsK! I thought about being team yellow for awhile since this is my first but I don't think that I can stand the suspense. My OH wants to know as well so to make it fun I might to a gender reveal thing, now sure yet.

Lol I definitely could not be team yellow! I'm far too nosy! I don't even think I could throw a proper gender reveal party because I couldn't have the results but not look at them until the party! I might make it from the ultrasound place to the car lol that's it !

Hey baby. We were put back 3 days so 12+5 and edd aug 4th
https://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah227/tanyagoodin91/Mobile%20Uploads/20160126_172502_zpssocvjnge_edit_1453829582451_zpsumrarmhh.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->