August 2016 watermelons!

Hollie- welcome back !!!

Tymeg- not sure where you live, but in the US it's easy to change your name after marriage, but you would have to go to court to change your baby's name to your DHs surname if you went with yours at first. That's a lot of work! I would give the baby the name you want!

Dragonfly- eek! Such cute pics! So glad you made it to your appt :)

Another night of takeout for me tonight. At least I ordered a salad ? I feel like I'm gaining weight like crazy. :(. Oh well. I've been suffering so much anxiety lately, I'm considering getting a massage soon. I can't seem to stop worrying about EVERYTHING including what my daughters life will be like when she's FIVE ... It seems so silly, why am I worried about her life when she's five ... I have over five years till then! Ugh. We've tried a couple walks the past couple days to help with anxiety. It doesn't help I still wake up 2-3 times at night and been having crazy dreams again.

Im from South Africa, Cape Town.

I think I am staying with Fiance surname.

My dad will just have to get over his feelings, he feels this way, because after my hubby passed away, his been the father figure in my little girls life, and feels he will be the father figure to peanut as well.

It is a hole process to get the surname changed over here as well.

Peanut has been kicking me so hard, that my entire tummy jumps around, his daddy says his playing soccer inside my tummy,

teagan that will be 2 in June, is so smitten with her little brother, every night when I bath her, she says I must bath with her, because peanut must bath, and she will put soap on my tummy and say she is washing peanut.

I dont know when last I cooked a meal.... OMG... It has really been such a mission lately!!

lol Dragonfly - that one picture in the middle is creepy!! But yay for baby!

tymeg - that makes sense now why he feels that way. Can't blame the guy, I guess. Hopefully this relationship will turn out different and your dad will be happy about it in the future. :)

1nce I hear ya on the weight gain. I've been gaining like crazy. I literally look as big now as I was when I was due with my last baby. A lady at the store the other day asked me when I was due and when I told her August she gave me a weird look. I thought that was rude. Oh my the stretching pains though! I feel them mostly around my belly button area.

The Internet can be such a curse. I don't know why I read all the horror stories. I'm always worried about something and now I'm worried like what if I have an incompetent cervix and my body can't carry the baby. Ugh. My next check up is in a week , it can't come soon enough so that maybe the doctor will tell me I'm crazy.

I've been reading about labor and freaking myself out. I don't want to pee in my doctor's face and poop all over the place. And the blood.. oh the blood.. I'm going to pass out :( Why is nobody ever honest about pregnancy? I guess if they were nobody would ever have a baby.

I still look fat lol because I am fat. When I had my son I was so afraid of pooping or tearing real bad. I thankfully didn't have either. I did tear a tiny bit but it healed quickly. Birth is so crazy! Anything can happen at any time but have faith all will be great! It's such a beautiful thing!

I was blessed to have two fairly easy births. The only issues I had was my DD kept getting her shoulder stuck, however she was a big baby, and that is a common issue with big babies. I also tore quite a bit with her, again because she was so big. My DS was a pound smaller being 3 weeks early and he was a breeze, came out in only 3-4 pushes with no tearing at all. Chances are your labor and delivery will go fine. I think it depends upon how you look at it. I mean we're all going to be scared when the time comes, whether this is our first baby or our fifth baby, but if you're really inconsolable it will probably be a more traumatic experience in your mind. If you go in with the view that it as a natural process, that once that baby is out you will finally get to meet your son/daughter, then it won't be as scary.

Still waiting to look pregnant here too and not just fat. So I have an excuse for it lol If I lay down I can feel the bump .

Lol fairycat-my friend had her second baby last week and she is always brutally honest w me. She told me labor was like the "gates of hell opening up" and she "literally thought she would die she was in so much pain".... I was like *gulp* "hope this isn't your pep talk to me in a few months" .... Although she DID say that for her first she had an epidural and her 2nd she went natural and she would do natural again because she could work with her body....

Dont get me wrong it hurts but i wouldnt go as far as the gates of hell :haha:

Agreed! I hate how people love telling new moms horror stories. It's like they get a kick out of seeing their fear. I had my share told to me when I was pregnant with my first but when the time came it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I dread the stitches more than the birth itself. One of the last places you want stiches to be is in your crotch... it burns like hell to pee.

Lol fairycat-my friend had her second baby last week and she is always brutally honest w me. She told me labor was like the "gates of hell opening up" and she "literally thought she would die she was in so much pain".... I was like *gulp* "hope this isn't your pep talk to me in a few months" .... Although she DID say that for her first she had an epidural and her 2nd she went natural and she would do natural again because she could work with her body....

I went natural both times and plan to do so again. Many of the horror stories I was told involved those that either were induced or got pain relief and couldn't walk so they stopped dilating. Both situations ended in drawn out labors. I'm planning on doing everything in my power to make sure I'm not induced, even if it means walking every day from 36 weeks onwards until the baby comes.

Its odd. It hurts but its a productive pain. You know that it wont last forever. And youll soon get to meet you baby

I like how you put that Tani. I think all of us should go into labor with that mindset. Focus on what will come out of it instead of the unexpected.

She was also like fresh off childbirth too though when she's talking about it lol. I don't think she was trying to scare me she was just telling a friend how much it hurt. She said with her first it did draw out her labor and made pushing very hard when she had the epidural cause she just couldn't feel anything really besides a pressure. This time it only took like 6 hours and only 5 pushes when she reached 10cm.

I was induced both times. With my second, it really didn't hurt that bad. I never even asked for an epidural (although I did get one at 6cm. But because I'm a chicken.) I wouldn't say it's the gates of hell haha

I am absolutely dreading it! Like the closer I get the more petrified I seem 🙈 I know it isn't forever and I've done it before and will get through it again but wow! cant believe I'm crazy enough to do it again!

Just out of hospital, had tonsillitis again! so ill this time. Vomited for 2 days and had to get lines put in me to stop that and re hydrate. On anti biotics which make me ill too. Wonderful. Cant eat at all with throat so thats making me feel very ill too. I dont know why I keep getting this I assume the kids are getting it in school as they just had sore throats last week. I wish I could keep ill people away from me :( does not mix with my chronic illness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->