~~~August Apples 2019~~~

Rebecca, that's great to hear you are so motivated, if the reward is a better chance of delivery and recovery process, why not try? any workout regime suggestions for me to get started with please? :)

Rebecca, that's great to hear you are so motivated, if the reward is a better chance of delivery and recovery process, why not try? any workout regime suggestions for me to get started with please? :)
I will come back later with some exercises that are doable through the whole pregnancy. But I don't have time to type it all put right now. I will say that it's extremely important when you exercise in pregnancy to listen to your body and have plenty of water. Rest if your body tells you to. It's unlike regular exercise when you keep going even if something hurts. You don't want to send yourself into preterm labor. So for example, one thing I am doing to exercise right now is Just Dance. But I was dancing the other day and I felt a slight cramp. So I drank some water and sat down for a few minutes.
If you have never exercised before, it would probably be helpful to at least start by going for a 20-30 minute walk quite a few days during the week. However many days you can fit it in. I will come back later and explain some of the strength building exercises I do that are safe during pregnancy.

Haven't been on here for awhile! What cute bump photos everyone has. Here is my 16 week photo...I feel so huge, I don't think I was this size till at least 25 weeks with my son. I wish I had motivation to work out but keeping up with my 2yr old and trying to keep the house sort of tidy is all I think I can handle at this point :brat:

20190226_172343.jpg

Brit - Yeah!!! for the Roomba! I've always wanted one.

I love all the bump pics, looking great ladies. I haven't taken any as of yet but I think I'll start soon.

I bought my first maternity clothes last night. A few dresses and the most comfortable pants ever.

I wish I was working out consistently. I stopped probably 3 weeks before I got the BFP. Bad coincidence. I plan to start walking everyday once the weather gets decent. May not be anytime soon though. Toronto is getting dumped with 15-20cm today.

Hi all - sorry I've been MIA bit busy with two active boys and work!

Mumof1+1 so sorry to hear of your loss. Take the time you need to grieve and look after yourself xxx

Everyone else has lovely scan photos and bump pictures. And yay for twins - very exciting.

We eventually had our 12 week scan 2 weeks ago to find out we were actually 13 weeks so now I'm 15 weeks. They moved my due to date to 22nd August. We will stay as team yellow - I didn't find out with either of my boys and won't this time either - its the best surprise in the world. Although I suspect this is another boy bump.
Got my combined screening tests back as low risk which is a huge relief as I'm a 'geriatric' mum now that I'm 40.

Also trying to exercise and eat well to keep my weight gain minimal - I had a lot to loose before I got pregnant and I have to keep my BMI down if I want to birth at our wonderful local midwife lead unit rather than at the consultant lead hospital miles and miles away!

I don't think I have a bump yet - just a chocolate filled belly from 'helping' my kids with their Christmas chocolates!

Everyone has such cute bump pics. :) I have a bump now too but it's really just all the Taco Bell I've been craving so there won't be a pic from me!

I had my 16 week scan and all is still going well. I've felt two thumps and a wiggle this past week but nothing in the past few days. I can't wait for regular movement.

This pregnancy is just going by so quickly!

DW2309 - Welcome!!

17w4d today. Haven't felt any movement yet, or at least I don't think so but I'm in good spirits because I have an OB appt coming up tomorrow morning so hearing the heartbeat again will be reassuring. Then Thursday we have our fetal echo at the hospital at 18w. Where I'm hoping the tech will tell us the gender even though that's really not the point of the scan.

18W and no movement yet, sometimes i lie very still to try and notice any flutters, but not yet!
Have my anatomy scan in 2 weeks on march 19th, can't wait to see the baby move and know the gender too O:)

Got to see our sweet little love yesterday. We’ve got another one who loves their thumb already. Aunt and Uncle know if we have a little sister or little mister on the way. Can’t wait to find out on Sunday! Any guesses?

3D7D25A4-1E22-4D7D-B3B9-1495770C6B20.jpeg E3DBA010-9678-46EC-9231-BB507A0D9F0E.jpeg

Sorry, I have been gone recently! I have been so busy with work. I wanted to first come back and take a minute to answer about exercise.
I think walking is always good. Especially if it's regular. I found the elliptical was also a nice way to get exercise with my daughter. I don't have access to one right now, but if I did, I would be on it in a heartbeat. Other than that, I just do dance. I did dance classes at my gym with my daughter and I just avoided anything high impact (like jumping).

As for strength training, walking lunges and planks are great! I do both regularly. Planks are hard, but they are so good for your core. I will do one and hold it for 30 seconds, rest for a minute. Then I do this up to 3 times. That's my starting point. I do this every other day. I also have a rest day in the week when I don't exercise. So, I have one day for cardio (walking, dancing, or elliptical for 20-30 minutes) and then the next day will be strength training. I usually can work up to holding a plank for a minute after a few weeks. The walking lunges are great for legs. I am working on side lunges this time also. I didn't do them with my daughter, but I have been told they are good.
What to avoid- Anything where you have to lie flat on your back, heavy lifting, and I usually avoid most things that go over the head because of the risk of pulling something with so many loose ligaments.

I hope that helps!

Got to see our sweet little love yesterday. We’ve got another one who loves their thumb already. Aunt and Uncle know if we have a little sister or little mister on the way. Can’t wait to find out on Sunday! Any guesses?

View attachment 1056839 View attachment 1056840
Awwww!! so sweet! Baby looks like he/she is sucking a thumb! What a lovely image. I hope you have a great gender reveal! I am terrible at guessing. I don't even have a clue on my own! So, I just don't know!

For those of you not feeling much, this is my 3rd and I JUST started feeling some flutters last week. Last night I felt a few more. But it is still faint even at a point when you are supposed to feel them early. I know it was past 20 weeks before I felt them with my first. And right at 20 with my 2nd.

My anatomy scan is Monday and I can't wait! I am actually first and foremost eager to know about baby's health, the condition of the umbilical cord, uterus, and all of that. Then, of course, it is super cool to think I will actually know whether this one is a boy or a girl. This pregnancy has had similarities to both of my other ones in different ways. So I am really thrown for a loop. I have no idea on the gender. It's wild to think that very soon we will all start finding out the gender (for those of us who are).

@RebeccaR19 Thank you for the exercise advise and tips! I just started today, did some stretching and movements for 15 min, will slowly increase the time. I am now more determined because i am having back pain, terrible at times, since a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->