~~~August Apples 2019~~~

So my glucose test was normal the result was 100 so that was good. My fundal height is also measuring right on. Im overweight so not gaining to much weight is what we want.
They have been checking my urine for protein and everything looks good. My bd is a little higher that normal but still in the good range. With my last pregnancy I started with headaches and bp going up little by little around 19ish weeks I was getting preeclampsia tests done every week and everything was stable (normal) until 31 weeks then everything went down hill quick in matter of 2-3 days bp super high a lot of protein in my urine and my kidney and liver levels were horrible blood count was low I stared to develop HELLP syndrome, it was bad. I am hoping and praying none of that happens this time.

Oh my! That was scary, all you went through last time! SO wonderful that the DS and you are well after all that :)
Glad glucose levels are good now, praying for a healthy full term pregnancy for you now :)

Well I got my glucose requisition at today's OB appt as suspected. I'll probably go next Monday to get that done. My next appt isn't until May 30th at 30 weeks.

Because my PAPP-A levels were low during my 1st trimester blood work I'm getting extra ultrasounds at 32 and 36 weeks to check on Rick's growth. My doc said low levels sometimes co-relate to low birth weights due to placenta issues and if that's the case she won't let me go past my due date. She's retesting as part of my glucose test and if the levels are still low said we will likely schedule an induction for right around my due date. (not entirely sure how I feel about that) on one hand I'm happy because I have ZERO desire to still be pregnant after August 8th lol but on the other hand who really wants to be induced? It's so unnatural.

Well I got my glucose requisition at today's OB appt as suspected. I'll probably go next Monday to get that done. My next appt isn't until May 30th at 30 weeks.

Because my PAPP-A levels were low during my 1st trimester blood work I'm getting extra ultrasounds at 32 and 36 weeks to check on Rick's growth. My doc said low levels sometimes co-relate to low birth weights due to placenta issues and if that's the case she won't let me go past my due date. She's retesting as part of my glucose test and if the levels are still low said we will likely schedule an induction for right around my due date. (not entirely sure how I feel about that) on one hand I'm happy because I have ZERO desire to still be pregnant after August 8th lol but on the other hand who really wants to be induced? It's so unnatural.
I had low papp-a levels with DS (pregnancy that I ended having preeclampsia at 31 weeks) I also have low papp-a levels this pregnancy so they are doing extra scans at 28,32 and 36. Also my dr wants to start doing weekly NST’s at 32weeks

24 weeks today :) feels like such a milestone in what has been a pretty crap 24 weeks lol! 13 weeks until induction as he is still classed as a modi twin which i'm actually a bit relieved about. I've gained 8lb so far but lost 2 this week, thinking stress as still no mri results!

I've still not bought or organised anything, i really should start that lol x

I had my glucose test today and passed it thankfully! I also had my 24 week appointment since they had to reschedule it. Everything is going well though. My BP is good and the baby's heartbeat is strong.
I got preadmitted to the hospital today should anything happen. So that's a relief. I also found out I get a free breast pump covered by insurance! I didn't get that with my other 2.

Happy to announce DH and I have started to get some work done on the nursery. We picked up the glider and toy chest from my sister's house, emptied all our 'crap' out of the baby's closet and got about a million paint chips on the wall to try and decide on a shade of blue for the crib wall. The rest of the room is grey and will stay that way.

I removed all the hardware off the dresser that I'm going to be painting in white chalk paint for a nice vintage look. I got all my paint and supplies ready to go as well. So furniture painting will likely be my project for this Sunday.

We got his lamp and area rug yesterday too. So pieces are slowly coming together and I can see the vision poking through which is getting me pretty excited.

Sadly I woke up to pee last night around 2:45am and was up for hours after that. I shouldn't complain though. I've had a total of 2 nights of insomnia through this whole pregnancy, pretty lucky.

Rebecca - Yay! on the free breastpump. My insurance covers 80% of the cost as long as it's 'medically necessary'. Which is nonsense, but my doc said she will write a note for me no matter what.

Bumble - Happy 24 weeks!

My count down is down to double digits! 99 days till my due date.

@bumble b Happy V day!! I was so looking forward for the 24 week milestone and i have a sense of relief since then.

@RebeccaR19 Yay on passing the glucose test, did you have to fast before going in? I have mine in 2 weeks and was told not to eat anything for at least an hour before i go.

@Dream143r You are painting the furniture by yourself, wow! I would've delegated to DH :lol: Happy that the nursery is coming along.

Happy, I would but DH doesn't have an artistic bone in his body lol. I'll leave him things like hanging shelves and putting together cribs haha.

My next scan is may 22nd :)

I can't do a nursery this time as we are having our loft converted in september so i'm waiting until that's finished. He will be in with us for a while anyway. He does have a room but my ds3 is in it at the moment until the new ones are built.

The weeks are flying past, i should start buying things really. Chosen a pram st last but not actually pressed buy on it haha, just a bit scared this time x

Dream143r- How exciting that your nursery is coming together! I am also finding sleep is difficult lately. It's hard to go back to sleep after getting up.

Bumble b- I hope your upcoming scan goes well!

I just started the 3rd trimester today. The biggest changes right now are that I can feel her move so much and I can't go 2 hours without peeing!

My furniture painting went extremely well. I'm sooo please with how everything turned out. I did this dresser, a toy box and a night stand. DH is going to paint the crib wall hopefully this week.

WhatsApp Image 2019-05-05 at 9.16.19 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-05-05 at 9.16.19 PM (1).jpeg

I was supposed to go do my glucose test this morning but I slept in. So I'll have to go another day this week before work.

Happy belated mother's day ladies! I had a nice day, went for brunch with my family (parents, grandparents and in-laws) a bit of a tradition. DH got my my first mother's day card ever which felt extra special. There was a bit of debate at the table as to whether or not I was a mother yet which I shot down very quickly. Of course I'm a mother. There's living life inside of me and even if God forbid he were to pass today he would have still lived and I would have still been his mother. Everyone agreed and that was that! lol

My countdown is on! only 43 business days left of work.

Haven't heard anything from my doc regarding my glucose test yet. So no news so far is good news. My next appt is at 30 week at the end of the month. May 30th. I think I start seeing her every 2 weeks after that and we have an ultrasound at 32 weeks.

I feel like even though there's quite a few weeks to go that we're nearing the home stretch. Like the last trimester is going to fly by. I'm enjoying pregnancy so not necessarily ready for that to be over but I just wonna see my little baby's face and squish him!

Hi Shorty - nice to hear from you! Hope you're doing well also.

So we put the crib together last night. \\:D/

My first born son Guess Marciano (seen here) truly believes we're setting this room up for him. :lol:

Guess.JPG

206989D0-0508-425D-9EB9-4E8D95F97488.jpeg 562E5AE8-0AFD-441F-8106-30E83B3FCDD0.jpeg 01BD98B6-3994-4A96-9E4E-59BBBE99DEF9.jpeg

So a lot has happened since I last posted.

I had my 20 week scan in which I found out I have a low lying placenta... I have to wait until 32 weeks before they’ll rescan to make sure it’s moved, if not it’s a C-section for me. I’m not worried about a scar at all, it’s just the thought of major surgery and the recovery time. I’ll do anything to get her here safely though!

I’ve developed this really bad pain in my right foot. I’ve had doctors appointments, an ultrasound and physio appointments, and they’ve just put it down to pregnancy related foot pain because they can’t find a physical cause.... so frustrating!

I was hoping to work up until 38 weeks and if i went into labour at work they could just wheel me into maternity (I’m a registered nurse), however I don’t think my body will hold out that long. The foot pains starting to cause back pain as well.

My husband is in the army and has been sent away to train for 8 weeks, so I’ve been left to fend for myself. He returns when I’m 32 weeks pregnant.

I’m now officially in the 3rd trimester. Baby girl is so active, I think she’s training to be a gymnast! We’ve chosen her name, Freya Emmalee Smith. DHs sister, Emma died when he was young so, that’s how we came up with her middle name.

The beginnings of the nursery furniture started to be delivered yesterday, me being the independent women I am spent all afternoon building everything. The chest of draws I built would put an ikea flat pack to shame, it took hours to make!

How is everyone else doing?

Has anyone decided on names yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"