August Hopefuls? [TTC August 2013 Thread]

I'm a bit nervous as I've had a 2nd temperature shift.

Fertility Friend says I ovulated on CD15. However OvuFriend says I ovulated on CD17 because of this second spike, originally ovufriend was in agreement with FF.

Kind of makes me nervous because if I did ovulate on CD17, I feel we should have BD'd an extra day. I hope we didn't miss out.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/44705b/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Ugh don't you hate that? This stuff is so confusing. The only way I have found to be 100000% certain of when I ovulate has been to test 2 times a day. Expensive, but it's a confirmation. My temps are so up and down and unreliable.

Hello everyone!

I am on cycle day 17 today during a pretty weird cycle after 9 days of spotting and bleeding. Which after I finished I felt just like I was due on again thanks to bloating, cramps and feeling sick.

I have mild PCOS and got told to lose weight and have regular sex by my dr so this is what I am trying! He told me because my periods are not exactly irregular (because I have actual periods) that I can keep having sex right up to my period for best results...

So long story short I am hoping this cycle is the one and good luck to everyone here in this thread!

Hi! Have you been testing? I had a weird period this month too, a total of 11 days of bleeding! So annoying. Best wishes for you!!!!

Yikes!!! AF is supposed to come tomorrow. If i don't start I think im going to hold off testing for a few days. I think I O'd later then I was supposed to. This cycle I haven't had any symptoms. Which is weird. I just started getting sore breasts last night which makes me thinks I'm going to start. But I usually get cramping three or four days before. However, I started taking maca pills almost a month ago and those are supposed to help with fertility and reduce cramping. So, maybe they did their job with the cramping.

If I do get a BFN I want to stop trying. It's been almost 2 years of actively trying and im getting restless and hopeless. The only thing is, im not sure my brain will let me stop thinking im trying to conceive and I won't be able to relax and put it out of my mind.

This is all so confusing! Gives me comfort to know others are questioning their cycles/ovulation just like me.
Genna did you receive your solid smiley face yet?
Bumptastic, I am just as confused as you whether you ovulated on CD 15 or 17. I hate that feeling of thinking maybe you should have done something different (like BD an extra day)
I had my positive OPK on Thursday afternoon. Saturday I had a spike in temperature but today it was back down in my normal range so that was a bit of a let down. I keep thinking, maybe I'm not Ovulating? We will see what tomorrow's temp is. This is my first month temping so I'm not sure what to expect....
Baby dust to all!

Hi sweet girl! YES! I got a solid smiley last night! And also this morning I tested with a First Response OPK with the 2 lines and it is POSITIVE! And this cycle LOTS of EWCM which I never have! Praying this month is IT!!!

I hate the "let down" feeling! My DH was gone for 10+ hours after I got my +OPK! So I was freaking out like "OMG what if we miss it?!" I hope not!

Sending BABY DUST your way :dust::spermy:

Definitely questioning cycle here...my opks are not showing anything now. No test line this morning and then this afternoon a very light one. Meant to be o day today and had EWCM this morning but no sign of surge...

Argh!

Maybe it will happen in a couple days. I was reading somewhere that when you see EWCM your O can happen 2-4 days later. Don't lose hope! At least you are seeing SOME kind of LINE!!! Faint or not - save it and write the date on it with a sharpie. Test everyday and you can see the progression of the line getting darker and darker!! Good luck sweets!
:hugs:

Hi sweet girl! YES! I got a solid smiley last night! And also this morning I tested with a First Response OPK with the 2 lines and it is POSITIVE! And this cycle LOTS of EWCM which I never have! Praying this month is IT!!!

I hate the "let down" feeling! My DH was gone for 10+ hours after I got my +OPK! So I was freaking out like "OMG what if we miss it?!" I hope not!

Sending BABY DUST your way :dust::spermy:[/QUOTE]

Yay!!! Lots and lots of baby dust sent your way!

TMI Warning, LOL!

Couple weird things. I NEVER produce EWCM! I mean, NEVER! But this month it's like, so MUCH! Not because I am "looking for it" but it is just so obvious! My DH and I were BDing yesterday AM, since I got a +OPK and he couldn't "finish" because he said it was "too slippery"!!! But I know the ideal conditions for implantation is lots of EWCM! Some people even have to buy the Preseed to make more lubrication!!! So NOW WHAT? Luckily last night it all worked out though but I was like OMG! This road can never NOT be a bumpy one I guess!

ALSO - question: since OPK's detect the LH hormone 1-3 days before you actually ovulate, how do you know which day is your first DPO? I'm trying to track the days in my FF app but since my cycles are irregular, it can't predict which day was actual O. Should I just test each day until it becomes negative again?

How is everyone else doing?

Yikes!!! AF is supposed to come tomorrow. If i don't start I think im going to hold off testing for a few days. I think I O'd later then I was supposed to. This cycle I haven't had any symptoms. Which is weird. I just started getting sore breasts last night which makes me thinks I'm going to start. But I usually get cramping three or four days before. However, I started taking maca pills almost a month ago and those are supposed to help with fertility and reduce cramping. So, maybe they did their job with the cramping.

If I do get a BFN I want to stop trying. It's been almost 2 years of actively trying and im getting restless and hopeless. The only thing is, im not sure my brain will let me stop thinking im trying to conceive and I won't be able to relax and put it out of my mind.

That is a good plan! You should wait a few days and I hope the witch doesn't show her face!!!! :witch:

Honey, don't lose hope. I know it's easy for others to say. Everyone is just so different. Have you been to a Dr.? I'm sure you might've posted that part somewhere but just checking. I HATE when people say "just stop trying so hard, it will happen when you're not even paying attention"...because honestly, how can you NOT think about it? You want it so bad. You HAVE to time and test everything, especially if you're irregular. People will just never know what it's like unless they've been through it themselves. PLEASE don't lose hope. :hugs:

That is a good plan! You should wait a few days and I hope the witch doesn't show her face!!!! :witch:

Honey, don't lose hope. I know it's easy for others to say. Everyone is just so different. Have you been to a Dr.? I'm sure you might've posted that part somewhere but just checking. I HATE when people say "just stop trying so hard, it will happen when you're not even paying attention"...because honestly, how can you NOT think about it? You want it so bad. You HAVE to time and test everything, especially if you're irregular. People will just never know what it's like unless they've been through it themselves. PLEASE don't lose hope. :hugs:

We haven't been to a doctor yet. With our insurance it's really expensive. Almost 1000 just for the visit! :/ I am very regular. Inusually start exactly 28 to 29 days after I first start. I just want to take a break not only for me but for my hubby too. Im tired of testing and wan us both to relax.

Nicolefunnel - I'm so sorry to hear that you've been trying for so long and not conceiving. It makes me so mad that all these wonderful people like you who want a baby so bad can't, and there are people who are getting pregnant who don't even want or aren't ready for a baby! It is SO not fair.

I have to vent a little. This weekend we went on a mini-vacation with some friends, they are 20 weeks along, their baby is due just a few weeks after ours was due before I had the miscarriage. They had their 20-week ultrasound done on Friday and they brought the sonograms with them. They KNOW that we had the miscarriage. She actually had the nerve to say to me "oh look at our sonograms - isn't she so cute, look at those little feet. Oh and this is her grabbing her toes". I did my best to hide my feelings, but I wanted to be sick. The LAST thing I wanted to do was look at her sonograms.

Everyone on this thread that is posting their OPK results and their EWCM - everything is sounding good! Keep positive thoughts!

I am so sorry to her about your mc. That makes my heart break. Some people are just so inconsiderate. My best friend had her baby 2 month ago. It pregnant without even trying. Then told me her hubby wants another one right away. Then had the nerve to tell menu would suck if she got pregnant again and I still hadn't.

Hello everyone!

I am on cycle day 17 today during a pretty weird cycle after 9 days of spotting and bleeding. Which after I finished I felt just like I was due on again thanks to bloating, cramps and feeling sick.

I have mild PCOS and got told to lose weight and have regular sex by my dr so this is what I am trying! He told me because my periods are not exactly irregular (because I have actual periods) that I can keep having sex right up to my period for best results...

So long story short I am hoping this cycle is the one and good luck to everyone here in this thread!

Hi! Have you been testing? I had a weird period this month too, a total of 11 days of bleeding! So annoying. Best wishes for you!!!!

Hello! I curiously took a test today but it was a bfn instantly it was just a shitty period. But today cycle day 18 and still thinking positive! Have constantly felt wet in my underwear since I finished, which made me think I was gonna come on again! Also for the past few days have felt in the mood to bd which I have read can be a sign that your body is trying to tell you something.." Let's make babies!"

Yes it can get so annoying but baby dust all round to think on the positive!!!!

We haven't been to a doctor yet. With our insurance it's really expensive. Almost 1000 just for the visit! :/ I am very regular. Inusually start exactly 28 to 29 days after I first start. I just want to take a break not only for me but for my hubby too. Im tired of testing and wan us both to relax.

I am so sorry hunny. Have you been using OPK AND temping for the full 2 years? Are you taking prenatal vitamins? You might want to give one last effort with this pH balanced lubricant called "Preseed" - I have heard tons of good things about it. Sometimes your body doesn't produce enough EWCM to let the sperm swim and they die. And, if your DH has a low sperm count, that could be something to think about! Has he been tested? Maybe he should go see a urologist. Either way - best wishes and baby dust to you. You deserve a little sticky bean!!!! :hugs::hug:

Hello everyone!

Hello! I curiously took a test today but it was a bfn instantly it was just a shitty period. But today cycle day 18 and still thinking positive! Have constantly felt wet in my underwear since I finished, which made me think I was gonna come on again! Also for the past few days have felt in the mood to bd which I have read can be a sign that your body is trying to tell you something.." Let's make babies!"

Yes it can get so annoying but baby dust all round to think on the positive!!!!

Thanks girl! Well the wetness is a great sign! Take 2 tests per day. That will ensure you catch it if you have short surges!!! And don't worry about Ovulating late...I O anywhere from CD19-24. :haha:

I am so sorry to her about your mc. That makes my heart break. Some people are just so inconsiderate. My best friend had her baby 2 month ago. It pregnant without even trying. Then told me her hubby wants another one right away. Then had the nerve to tell menu would suck if she got pregnant again and I still hadn't.

Oh Nicole. That is horrible. People are so insensitive and inconsiderate!!!! At least we can all be here for each other :hugs:

Nicolefunnel - I'm so sorry to hear that you've been trying for so long and not conceiving. It makes me so mad that all these wonderful people like you who want a baby so bad can't, and there are people who are getting pregnant who don't even want or aren't ready for a baby! It is SO not fair.

I have to vent a little. This weekend we went on a mini-vacation with some friends, they are 20 weeks along, their baby is due just a few weeks after ours was due before I had the miscarriage. They had their 20-week ultrasound done on Friday and they brought the sonograms with them. They KNOW that we had the miscarriage. She actually had the nerve to say to me "oh look at our sonograms - isn't she so cute, look at those little feet. Oh and this is her grabbing her toes". I did my best to hide my feelings, but I wanted to be sick. The LAST thing I wanted to do was look at her sonograms.

Everyone on this thread that is posting their OPK results and their EWCM - everything is sounding good! Keep positive thoughts!

Thanks for venting and "letting it out", girlfriend - that is much better than bottling up inside, and that's what we are all here for, to listen!!!

Oh man, nothing is worse than that situation. You want to be happy for them but at the same time, you are so sad for yourself. It just doesn't seem fair. Sometimes I think "well, they have every right to be happy, and they should be allowed to share their feelings - so maybe I am the one with the problem for getting upset?" But the reality is, it's NOT RIGHT what some people do. Is it to shove it in our faces? Is it a competitive thing? Do they really not know any better? Do they think it's actually making me feel like I'm included and to have hope? So many things...

I have a similar situation. Our best couple friends and us were trying to get pregnant around the same time. I got pregnant first and felt so sad to tell her I was pregnant but I knew she would be happy for me, and she was! Right after I miscarried, she got pregnant, and miscarried. We were both able to be there for each other through it. Now she is pregnant again and I couldn't be happier for her - although I am still sad, for US. But she is a really good person and friend, and knows boundaries. She knows when its OK to share something, and the limit. She is happy to share her experience but also knows to make me feel special and included and stays positive.

Conversely, I have another friend who has always been competitive with me. She got pregnant unplanned and her baby is now almost 2 - she keeps telling me to "relax" and "enjoy time without a baby because everything changes". I know this is true, but it's frustrating to hear because she never had to WANT a baby, it just happened for her. So we were at Wal Mart together one day last cycle and I mentioned how nervous and anxious I was, as I was in my TWW and couldn't wait to test. She didn't even respond and just started walking down an isle. I followed and she picked up a box of pregnancy tests and held it up - I thought she was joking about like telling ME to test with it. But then she threw it in her cart to buy it. I looked at her and was like "wait, are you pregnant?" (She had told me they weren't going to start trying again for a couple years)... and she responds "well I haven't gotten my period and been feeling really nauseous so you never know!" and I was like "I thought you guys were waiting a couple years?" and she goes "ya that's what we want to do, but I miss being pregnant and I am already sick of being back at work..." I don't know if I was just being sensitive? Or if that was just so insensitive of her to just do that, in the moment of an emotional conversation about how anxious and stressed I am about conceiving.

Sorry for the long post. BUT I am just trying to show you, there are different kinds of people in the world. Wether they intentionally do or say certain things, we will never know. But the point is to "not let it get to you" (I know, easier said than done). Realize that on this forum, we are ALL here for each other and UNDERSTAND exactly what we are all going through - sometimes we feel so alone, but here, we have support.

And remember, VENTING IS OK!!!!!!!!!! :hugs:

Thanks so much for the support and kind words ladies! You guys are awesome and definitely make me feel better! Some of this stuff I don't even vent to my DH because he already thinks I'm stressing too much. It's probably true, but unless someone has been in our shoes they don't truly understand how difficult it is and how bad we want it!!

On another note - my temp was back up today. I'm hoping for a few more days of high temps so I know I ovulated. Right now I'm still not getting the crosshairs from FF showing I ovulated.

ALSO - question: since OPK's detect the LH hormone 1-3 days before you actually ovulate, how do you know which day is your first DPO? I'm trying to track the days in my FF app but since my cycles are irregular, it can't predict which day was actual O. Should I just test each day until it becomes negative again?

How is everyone else doing?

From what I've read, once you have a positive OPK test, you can ovulate the same day, next day or 2 days later. Temping is a way to know which of the 3 days you did ovulate. That and checking EWCM. The day after you ovulate it dries up down there. However, TMI warning. Even the next day it seems like have DH fluid down there which confuses me as I dont really know if it's EWCM or his stuff. :dohh:

So sorry to hear about your MC mdub19. I'd be mad, sad and upset as well! They have all the right to be happy, but they should be considerate to you given what you've gone through.

I'm a bit nervous as I've had a 2nd temperature shift.

Fertility Friend says I ovulated on CD15. However OvuFriend says I ovulated on CD17 because of this second spike, originally ovufriend was in agreement with FF.

Kind of makes me nervous because if I did ovulate on CD17, I feel we should have BD'd an extra day. I hope we didn't miss out.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/44705b/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Ugh don't you hate that? This stuff is so confusing. The only way I have found to be 100000% certain of when I ovulate has been to test 2 times a day. Expensive, but it's a confirmation. My temps are so up and down and unreliable.

I'm hoping it's CD15 since we BD'd that day and the following 2 days as well. I think it is, because I always have a temperature dip the day before I ovulate. That would put me at 6 dpo, worst case is that I'm at 4 dpo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->