August Hopefuls? [TTC August 2013 Thread]

Hi ladies! My hubby and I are both 24 and trying to conceive our first baby. We have been trying actively for 12+ months and 12 months without preventing it :/ I'm trying to keep hope. Well anyways, I am so sorry to hear these stories and I am hoping that everyone gets some luck this month. I should get af around the 13/14th. Definelty hoping I won't though. I tried preseed this last cycle. Have any of you tried that?

Here are the 3 OPKS I did today. Top to bottom, morning, afternoon and evening. Morning in person is negative for sure. Afternoon may be super close to positive if not a flat out positive. Evening looks just shy of positive.

We'll be BD'n early in the morning for sure.

https://i41.tinypic.com/zya4wz.jpg

My doctor told me these are more accurate late afternoon. No in the morning like the instructions say. I would start bd though for today and tomorrow to make sure :) good luck!

Hi ladies! My hubby and I are both 24 and trying to conceive our first baby. We have been trying actively for 12+ months and 12 months without preventing it :/ I'm trying to keep hope. Well anyways, I am so sorry to hear these stories and I am hoping that everyone gets some luck this month. I should get af around the 13/14th. Definelty hoping I won't though. I tried preseed this last cycle. Have any of you tried that?

I've got some to try for the first time this cycle too - my bestie got her :bfp: the first month she used it. Hoping it's the same for you!

Ive been on clomid so i have bought OV kit so finger crosses it shows me a smile over the next few day

Baby dust :hugs:
xxx

Hi Missgenna

Thank you for starting this thread. A lot of the posts have really helped. I have everything crossed you get your sticky baby this month!!!

I am in my first month of TTC and feel pretty out of my depth especially with all the jargon. So please bear with me. I would love to hear your feedback on the following.

My husband and I have only just decided to TTC one week ago today. I decided to buy the clearblue digital ovulation test and his and hers TTC vitamins. I had been off my pill for 3 weeks and so expected to come on soon. Despite this my curiosity got the better of me so I ignored the instructions that came with the test and just started testing each morning. After 2 days of seeing a O, on the 3rd day I saw a flashing smiley face. I was gobsmacked. I told me husband and since we have been trying each night. I had the flashing smiley for 4 days and today had the solid smiley (peak fertility). I I wasn't expecting to be so close to ovulation I also bought some one step tests from amazon anticipation a long road ahead. Today I decided to use one of the one step tests (again out of curiosity) but was upset to see a negative result.

Is the one step test right or the clear blue??? Arghh I am so confused.

Please help if you can x

Hi honey! WELCOME to this thread! I hope this is a helpful way for you to get support you need (like it has helped me so much!) Thank you for your support and well wishes :) This is such an exciting time but yet I get so impatient. Everyone's posts help me relax a little.

As far as the jargon, you'll get it! Just google "TTC internet forum jargon" and you'll catch on, HAHHA!

So with the OPK's that have the 2 lines, I was always getting a faint line so I never knew if it was positive or negative. The instructions say it has to be AS DARK or DARKER than the test line. The lines confused me so I bought the clearblue one - NOT with just the circle and the smiley face, but ALL THREE (circle, flashing face, and still face) and wow what a difference it has made.

Last cycle, I tested with the tests with the lines and noticed each day my line got darker and darker so I figured I was approaching O. I used a clearblue one on the same day I got my darkest line and it had a solid smiley. So I knew I was about to O.

This month, I started testing with the clearblues again (NOT THE LINES) and first couple days I got a negative "O". Then all the sudden I tested yesterday and got a flashing smiley! So much earlier than I recorded the last few months (BASED ON THE TESTS WITH THE LINES!) SO, today I tested again and got another flashing face. The flashing faces mean your ESTROGEN (clearblue measures estrogen AND LH) is rising so you are technically fertile these days as well! BUT that is something you would NEVER be able to tell when looking at the one with the lines! So for me it's really worth the money.

SO don't worry love, in a couple days, you'll get the solid smiley. But until then, you should make sure you guys are BD everyday :sex: I hope this helps!!

Update for me. This afternoon I received an almost positive OPK. The test line was a tad bit lighter than the control line. I expect to get a full blown positive tonight or latest tomorrow by noon. It's CD 14 for me and I'm doing the Sperm Meets Egg Plan.

HUN! How'd it go? Did you get your positive OPK? Are you in your TWW right now???? :sex::sex::sex:

I haven't read through the whole thread yet but I'm in for August. I should be getting AF any day now, as I got the definite BFN for July from blood work a few days ago. I just started metformin, I'm hoping it doesn't prolong getting AF because I started taking it during the TWW.

I'm using soy this cycle. I never got a full blown positive OPK in July, just faint lines.

Welcome love!

I was the same way, never fully getting a dark OPK line. SO I started using the clearblue digital with the 3 options (low, high, peak) and seriously helped pinpoint so much! They are expensive (GET THEM AT TARGET for me those are cheapest!) Don't waste money on the digital clearblue with just the circle and the face. Needs all 3! Best thing ever because it doesn't just measure LH, but estrogen too so it tells you days leading up to O so you can BD ahead of time!!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!! :dust:

Here are the 3 OPKS I did today. Top to bottom, morning, afternoon and evening. Morning in person is negative for sure. Afternoon may be super close to positive if not a flat out positive. Evening looks just shy of positive.

We'll be BD'n early in the morning for sure.

https://i41.tinypic.com/zya4wz.jpg

Looks great girl!!! Better BD!!! :dust::spermy:

Well i tested today at 8dpo, was so tempted once i got the tests that i didnt even wait till my fmu tomorrow :/

Was a BFN of course.

Should i wait till 10dpo fmu or would u try tomorrow morning?

I know the feeling of just wanting to POAS everyday after you ovulate hahahah! It is so hard to be patient! I would wait until at least 10 DPO but even that is early. I would say 12-14DPO most accurate. On this website you input your cycle info and they tell you when you should test:
https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com

Well i tested today at 8dpo, was so tempted once i got the tests that i didnt even wait till my fmu tomorrow :/

Was a BFN of course.

Should i wait till 10dpo fmu or would u try tomorrow morning?

Personally, I'd try to wait. I find seeing those bfns sooo depressing!

Good luck xx

exactly - :bfn: make you so stressed and sad. And could be TOTALLY wrong!

Hey everyone,
I jumped out of here for july becuase that was my "skip month" (where I don't get a period or have a cycle) but on August 1st four days before AF was due to arrive I just felt like crap, and my boobs hurt. I was counting it towards AF arriving soon (and before I could get on here to talk to you guys my OH coaxed me into taking a cheapy HPT and well.....
https://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n541/mii_111/pp_zps08b93639.jpg

:) I got blood taken on friday to confirm the pregnancy (should be hearing back from them any day now)
I wish all you August testers lots of baby dust and sticky beans <3

OMG GIRL!!! I just saw this! GAVE ME CHILLS!!!!! Congrats sweetie pie! SOO excited for you! How far are you along then? So exciting! Gotta keep us updated!!! Best wishes for a beautiful, healthy pregnancy my love!!! :hugs:

Hey everyone hope all are thinking positive at this point. My name is Makenzie Ok well about me and TTC I only been trying for a couple months or so. We had sex on my fertility days and the big O day since then I've been anxious but scared because I don't won't a BFN. the symptoms I have been having are lower back pains same as Wen af is coming but never everyday almost all day as well as the cramping...something else that isn't normal is cramping a lil bit after going to the bathroom I also threw up yday and been nauseous for bout five or six days...I am also one day late but scared to test because I don't want a BFN WHO had similar symptoms with positive outcome

Welcome hun! How many DPO are you? If you are 10-12 DPO I would say it's safe to test. You shouldn't be feeling the symptoms of nausea just yet - sometimes we THINK we are having symptoms because we want it so bad - BUT it could be possible! Even if you test and get a BFN, I wouldn't rule it out until you get AF. Good luck and let us know how it goes!!!

Welcome love! Have you been temping and using OPK's the full 12 months? I was thinking about trying preseed. Let me know how it goes! :hugs:

Hey ladies! Checking in! So after my spotting stopped a couple days ago I decided to only use the digital clearblue advanced tests and not use the ones with the lines at all. (Before, I would use the ones with the lines until it got dark and then switch to the digitals to save money, LOL!)

First couple days the results were just circles (negative) I figured I was testing too early based on my past cycle history so I skipped 2 days of testing and out of a hunch I just decided to test yesterday and was SHOCKED to see a flashing smiley! Fertile day came SO much earlier this month on CD14 when previous months would be anywhere from CD21-23 making me have a shorter LP! SOOOOO I hope this means my cycles are finally coming back down to a normal 30 days instead of 35 days! Maybe my LP will be longer and I will get a sticky bean!!!! I tested today and got another flashing smiley! Gosh I love these tests.

I am so hopeful this month!

Hey everyone, I've moved over from Missgennas other post. :) Hope August is e month for us all!!! :)

This is a great help honey thank you. I'm just keeping everything crossed for a sticky baby now. I completely agree that the clear blue advanced are so much better and well worth the money. I'll keep you posted hun. Xx

That's great to hear Genna! Hopefully you get your full blown smiley face soon!
I'm hoping to get mine soon too. Last month I got it on CD16, which was yesterday. I tested this morning (on the Clearblue digital also) and it was negative. I just bought a new box of tests so I'm going to test again this afternoon. I'm so anxious!
Now the only issue is not going pee for the next 2 hours - its been 2 hours already.
Do you guys use FMU on the Clearblue digitals? It's confusing because everyone says to use afternoon urine but the directions say that FMU is fine. When I got pregnant last time I only used FMU and got a smiley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->