August Hopefuls? [TTC August 2013 Thread]

Quick update from my last post - did my OPK this afternoon and got a smiley face! :thumbup: This was after my negative one this morning.
Looks like we'll BD tonight, tomorrow, and Saturday. Then prob again on Monday - to follow the SMEP suggestion.
Question for all of you - if I got my positive OPK this afternoon, would tomorrow be 1DPO or the next day?
Wish me luck!

That's great to hear Genna! Hopefully you get your full blown smiley face soon!
I'm hoping to get mine soon too. Last month I got it on CD16, which was yesterday. I tested this morning (on the Clearblue digital also) and it was negative. I just bought a new box of tests so I'm going to test again this afternoon. I'm so anxious!
Now the only issue is not going pee for the next 2 hours - its been 2 hours already.
Do you guys use FMU on the Clearblue digitals? It's confusing because everyone says to use afternoon urine but the directions say that FMU is fine. When I got pregnant last time I only used FMU and got a smiley.

Thank you! I know my hubby was at work and texted me randomly saying "I have a good feeling about this month!" I really hope so. I do hair and makeup for weddings so it would be perfect to get pregnant this cycle because I would be due in April and take a month off in May and then be able to start back up at work in wedding season in June! If we don't get pregnant this month we might take a break until January just because I would hate to lose my income since it's so seasonal. But my DH and friends/family are telling me to not "plan" it around work. I feel guilty but at the same time I don't want to put myself into money stress during pregnancy.

I hate waiting the few hours without peeing! And they say don't drink anything either so it's like AH! LOL! The instructions say it doesn't matter when you test throughout the day, as long as it's the same time each day. But it was weird, I got the flashing smiley yesterday afternoon. The instructions said if you get a FLASHING smiley, to test again the next MORNING after your longest sleep. Weird. So I don't know. I've read that if you test in the morning you could get a false positive because when you sleep it rises? It's all so confusing.

Totally just got a flood of emotions over me. I see people getting pregnant so easily, even when they aren't trying or "ready". But here I am doing EVERYTHING in my power to make it happen. Doing everything right - vitamins, diet, etc. I get SO emotional when I see a pregnant person. Not that I'm NOT happy for them; just I'm sad for ME. Everyone says "just stop trying so hard it will happen when you aren't trying" but you have to keep track of your cycles to make sure you BD at the right time. How do you manage your emotions?

Anyone else share these thoughts?
...sorry to be such a Debby-Downer. :cry:

Same here MissGenna, same thoughts pass my mind. I almost get jealous. I see it all over the place, friends, family members that aren't even trying and dare I say probably do not want to have a baby are getting pregnant. Urghhhhhh!!!!!!! I wish the best for all of them, but I too want a baby. I will keep my head up, hope you do too!

There is hope !! Been TTC For over 18 months was diagnoses with pcos when I was 13 ! Today Ive got my first smile on my opk !!! I can't believe it ! First round of clomid xxx

Just a lil update here. I'm 3 DPO today, according to fertility friend and ovufriend. I'm trying not to get too excited. Last cycle I was really sure that I was pregnant and when it did not happen, the crash was horrible. I'm going to try to stay calm this go around.

Hi everyone. really hoping this is the month for all of you. My husband and I recently started TTC and I'm looking for some people to talk to. I'm currently 5DPO and have some confusion as to when AF is due because of a crazy long cycle last month (AF was 10 days late...way to get my hopes up!)

I am kinda weirded out by my Clearblue OPK today. The past 3 days I've used FMU and gotten flashing smileys, meaning "high fertility". Today I got a circle, meaning "low fertility". It should've been a solid smiley meaning "peak fertility" before I got a negative...

So of course I went google-happy and am freaked out that I may have had an estrogen surge but no LH surge this cycle. Has this happened to anyone? Might I add, I used a new box today, meaning a new digital testing device compared to the one I used the last 3 days. Could this affect it? I am going to take another one in the afternoon on my last month's tester...

How is everyone else doing? How are the TWW girls?
:dust:

Quick update from my last post - did my OPK this afternoon and got a smiley face! :thumbup: This was after my negative one this morning.
Looks like we'll BD tonight, tomorrow, and Saturday. Then prob again on Monday - to follow the SMEP suggestion.
Question for all of you - if I got my positive OPK this afternoon, would tomorrow be 1DPO or the next day?
Wish me luck!

OMG yay!!! So exciting! I think the day after ovulation is 1DPO and so on. Let us know how your progress is!!!!!

I've got no idea with cb - maybe you had your surge yesterday, late in the day? Have you been bd-ing?

I got my darkest lines on opk yesterday evening. Hoping they're positive today or tomorrow.

As far as I know, no sperm count issues so we've been bd every day :)

I've got no idea with cb - maybe you had your surge yesterday, late in the day? Have you been bd-ing?

I got my darkest lines on opk yesterday evening. Hoping they're positive today or tomorrow.

I thought maybe I missed it late in the day/overnight. BUT I just took another one (with my tester from last month) and it was a flashing face again! I'm still 4 days behind when I ovulated last month...so I don't know what to think! GRRR! We had been BDing every other day anyway... I don't know if we should step it up to every day yet? I thought I saw some EWCM today but it's hard to tell since I don't get much!

Good luck mama!!!

I thought maybe I missed it late in the day/overnight. BUT I just took another one (with my tester from last month) and it was a flashing face again! I'm still 4 days behind when I ovulated last month...so I don't know what to think! GRRR! We had been BDing every other day anyway... I don't know if we should step it up to every day yet? I thought I saw some EWCM today but it's hard to tell since I don't get much!

Good luck mama!!!

I've been tracking my ovulation for 4 months now, but have only been TTC for 2. Here are my ovulation days, 17, 17, 20, 15. After the first two months I for sure thought that I was a clock and was going to ovulate on the 17th CD each month. But nope, it can and will vary. I think you're about to ovulate any day now. I've read BD'ng everyday once you get a positive OPK is the way to go unless your OH has count issues. Good luck girl!

I'm a bit nervous as I've had a 2nd temperature shift.

Fertility Friend says I ovulated on CD15. However OvuFriend says I ovulated on CD17 because of this second spike, originally ovufriend was in agreement with FF.

Kind of makes me nervous because if I did ovulate on CD17, I feel we should have BD'd an extra day. I hope we didn't miss out.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/44705b/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Hello everyone!

I am on cycle day 17 today during a pretty weird cycle after 9 days of spotting and bleeding. Which after I finished I felt just like I was due on again thanks to bloating, cramps and feeling sick.

I have mild PCOS and got told to lose weight and have regular sex by my dr so this is what I am trying! He told me because my periods are not exactly irregular (because I have actual periods) that I can keep having sex right up to my period for best results...

So long story short I am hoping this cycle is the one and good luck to everyone here in this thread!

This is all so confusing! Gives me comfort to know others are questioning their cycles/ovulation just like me.
Genna did you receive your solid smiley face yet?
Bumptastic, I am just as confused as you whether you ovulated on CD 15 or 17. I hate that feeling of thinking maybe you should have done something different (like BD an extra day)
I had my positive OPK on Thursday afternoon. Saturday I had a spike in temperature but today it was back down in my normal range so that was a bit of a let down. I keep thinking, maybe I'm not Ovulating? We will see what tomorrow's temp is. This is my first month temping so I'm not sure what to expect....
Baby dust to all!

Definitely questioning cycle here...my opks are not showing anything now. No test line this morning and then this afternoon a very light one. Meant to be o day today and had EWCM this morning but no sign of surge...

Argh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"