August IUI group

It took me a couple of months to get in for my surgery. I'm sure every place is different though.

If I have to do IVF, we'll be doing it probably the same time. I'm doing two more IUI's and then mov'n on. I was looking up info on IVF on my FS's website and it looks like it's basically a 2 month process. So I'd do my last IUI the end of Febuary/the beginning of March and if that fails, we'll probably start the process. I think I'd start taking meds on CD21 and then once you start your period I have to go in every other day for blood draws and ultrasounds. Plus you take a million different types of meds. Man I hope it doesn't come down to IVF!!!

How's things going w/DH?

I had the worst sleep last night and af came this morning! Argh! I am booked to hassle my doc for a laparoscopy this wed. Have you had one done? I remember you saying you had some endometriosis at some point...?
Hope your day is going better!

Ivf would be such a process! I don't know how I'd do it living an hour from my fs. Plus my fs just moved clinics and I have to decide if I keep him(who I have not loved) or stay at the clinic. I think i will stay w him since I won't have to re do a bunch of things...we'll see.
DH comes home tomorrow. My mood has been erratic since af started. I miss him so much.
Going xc skiing today w 3 friends who all don't want kids:) should be good. How was your weekend?

I live an hour from my FS as well. If that clinic isn't open, I have to drive 2 hours to their other clinic. It's AWFUL!!! Especially when the weather is bad.
How was skiing? It doesn't look like I'll be going this year. The inlaws are going next week, but I have my IUI tomorrow, so I'm afraid that I would lesson our chances somehow.

Skiing was fun! I often wonder if I should totally law low and not do much, but I think I'd go crazy...and fat. Lol.
Good luck tomorrow!!

How did the iui go?
My family doc is referring me to a gyno who does laparoscopy's once a month at my town hospital! I still have to meet with him, so it probably won't happen until April, but it would be great to have it done in town! When I mentioned the time line and the hope I'm not just wasting time, he said "well we can't very well do Ivf now anyway" ($ and possibility something could be wrong with me anyway). So now I'm thinking 2014 baby. Lol. Do you always count the months? I can't help but predict.

IUI went good. Hubs had a count of 106.3 million, so can't complain about that. I'm honestly really calm about this month. I'm okay with whatever happens. If I'm not pregnant and the weathers good, we plan on going skiing the 24th-the 27th, so I'm kind of excited about that.

I ALWAYS count the months. :) If I get pregnant this cycle, I'll be due the end of October/the beginning of November.

So how are ya feeling? High swimmer count! I hope you can't go skiing, because you are pregnant! :)
I'm booked for a consult about the laparoscopy, for Feb 27th. I'm excited and nervous. I'll have to take another day off work which I'm not happy about(only since I am on a temporary contract and I don't want it to look bad). I also saw the physio today for some visceral therapy. She aligned my uterus and I'm hoping it means I won't have menstral cramps this cycle. It would also rock if it means the better chance at getting prego this month! My DH is going to be away biking in Cali for my March ovu, so this is my last chance at 2013! Lol.

I'm feeling normal. I am 9DPO today. I REALLY want to go skiing...but it'd probably be best if I'm pregnant since after this, I only have two more shots at it medically. One more IUI and then IVF w/ICIS. Adoption won't even be an option for us b/c there is no way we can afford both IVF AND adoption. That'd put us in the hole about $20,000.00. Yikes!!!
When are they thinking you'll have your surgery? Must be pretty soon if you're having your consult on the 27th.

Hey West! How's things going?

Nothing too exciting to report here. Yesterday I had one little spot of pink and I've had nothing else since. Kind of hoping it was IB (although I HIGHLY doubt it). I tested this morning...BFN. AF is due on Thursday, so I'll test again then. If it's negative, we'll go a head and schedule our ski trip.

Eek. Well my fingers are still crossed for you!
I had my allergy test today. I'm allergic to milk(which I sort of knew), grass and dust. No big surprise. Just not wanting to de dust my house! Lol. Plus the doc said to not allow our dog in our bedroom(one of his beds is in our room). He's our baby, I can't kick him out! He would think he was in trouble:( So we'll get rid of the carpet, down comforter, close off the closet and see how I do. I'm meant to take an antihistamine and a cortisone inhaler every night. I didn't think to mention we're trying to get pregnant...not sure if I should take the antihistamine...??
I'm not sure when the surgery will happen. Would be good to get it done the first week of my march break(we get 2 weeks off school here!). DH and I are heading to Kauai, Hawaii the second week! Woo hoo!
Let me know if you're skiing or NOT! :)

Well, 14DPO and a BFN. Bummer. So ski trip here we come! :happydance: I may test again on Monday. We'll see...One more shot at IUI (and a 2013 baby), then on to IVF.

How often are you supposed to take the inhaler? I think you do have to be careful with anihistamines when TTC. Hawaii, huh? That should be SO nice and warm and beautiful. I'm jealous.

Boo for bfn. Yeah for skiing! Where are you going? Hope it's fun! I'm at day 22 and feeling normal :( I always find the end of my cycle tough.
I didn't take the antihistamine or inhaler(nose) last night. I don't want to mess up any chance I may have....but had been nice not being itchy!
Really looking forward to our holiday. I can't help but get stressed at work so it will be nice to really unwind.

We are at Crystal Mountain Ski resort in northern Michigan. They've got 48 runs and the snow has been about as perfect as it can get. :)
I think AF will officially show up today or tomorrow. So that means the start to our last IUI cycle...unless it gets canceled.
How's things going w/you? You should be getting really close to testing time.

I'm glad you're enjoying your trip!
I had a bit if shitty news at the new gyno today. He did an exam and moved my uterus around. It really hurt in a specific area. He said its likely endometriosis. Ugh. I'll have the lap done. Not til April or May!!! Ah! Waiting sucks! And I am furious that he was able to feel something in 2 minutes...it's taken over 3 years for someone to have a possible answer and it took him 2 freakin minutes to feel it! Why the hell didn't any other doctor know to do this exam!!? I could have had the lap done years ago and not wasted so much money! And now I have to wait another 2 -3 months before I know anything else! What am I going to do with my time?
I needed to vent. Hope you understand. I'm probably pmsing too. Feeling like af is coming soon.
Did af show for you? How are you doing?

Oh man, I'd be furious! I didn't have any symptoms of endo, but after our 1st failed IUI, my FS suggested we may want to try it since the IUI's wouldn't work if my tubes were blocked. We had to wait a couple of months too. It's so frustrating.
AF arrived yesterday, so I'm going in tomorrow to make sure we can proceed w/our final IUI. I just pray it works. As I've said before, I'm terrified of IVF. Well, terrified of the COST of IVF. I had to tell a girlfriend that I couldn't afford to stand up in her wedding ($200.00 dress plus every other cost there is to being a bridesmaid) due to the large amount of money we will most likely be spending in the next 3-4 months. I don't think she took it all that well. I feel bad, but I can't justify it. Oh well I guess.

I'm sorry you had to say no to being a bridesmaid. I wouldn't want to make that sort of decision. I hope your friend can be sympathetic. But if your friend really wanted you, maybe she could help with the cost? 2 of the 3 weddings I've been in, the brides knew I needed help so they paid for my dress. Weddings are rediculous really. But fun too.
I need to start putting money into another acount. I know if the time comes for Ivf, I'm going to want to do it ASAP. I really hope you don't have to get to that point!
I have realized from talking to you, that although I feel so lucky to live where I do and have a lot of Heath care provided for us in Canada, maybe it's better to have to pay...seems you have gotten things done on a faster and more thorough scale!
Do you treat yourself to anything when af comes? I always get sushi. Makes my day a bit better:)

I don't generally treat myself, but I think I should. Maybe not something as extravagent as a 4 day ski trip :winkwink:, but maybe just a pedi or something. Do you?
I had my CD3 ultrasound this morning and all my cysts are gone!!! Woohoo!!! :happydance: They are also upping my meds. Before, I was doing 75 units of follistum every day, but this time I'm doing 100 units CD3-5, then 75 units CD6 & 7. I REALLY hope this helps me produce more than just one good sized follicle. I want this to work SO SO SO bad!!!
Are you and hubs still planning on trying while you wait?

Af arrived. Fark! We're having sushi for dinner. That's my treat.
Great news on the cysts! How do they just go away? I really hope this is the end to your fertility struggles!
We won't be doing anything special to "try". Just bd when ever. My DH will be biking in Cali when I Likely ovulate! (Yes, he gets 2trips this month!) Argh! And af will show when we go to Hawaii! Nice treat. :( I really hope someone cancels their lap and I don't have to wait til May! I think I'll go crazy!

I had internal ultrasound today (CD 8). I have two follicles on my left ovary that are sizes 14 & 15 and one on my right that is an 11. My tentative plan is to do one more night of injections and then do the IUI on Friday, but they're going to call me back later today after they get the results of my blood draw and talk to the doctor. I am SO hopeful and optimistic this cycle. I hope that doesn't come back to bite me in the butt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->