• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

August IUI group

Brayr, So sweet!
Brandy, ?
My interview was postponed to tomorrow. Waiting, waiting....

How did the interview go today?

Brandy, is your next step IVF then?

How did the interview go today?

Brandy, is your next step IVF then?

Yes, I go in Friday to the fertility doc to get my IVF meds and BC :( they require a negative blood test and HIV testing before I can pick up the meds so should start the protocol this Friday.

The interview went well. I will find out Friday!

Brandy, I know it's not the step any of us want to take but I'm still super excited for you! Let us know how the appointment goes!

Good luck with everything Brandy. :) I've been watching another thread where all the girls are doing IVF, and so far, they've all gotten BFP's. It's pretty exciting to see.

I hope you get a permanent job for this fall West.

I ended up getting a mat leave coverage. Full time til end of November and then job share 2 days a week. Not ideal and I will continue apply for full time work but good to know my school likes me and wants me back! Unfortunately there are rarely permanent jobs posted, which means reapplying yearly= stress.
How are you all?

Aww West sorry you didn't get the one you wanted.. but I am happy for you that you got something ;)

I am stressed to the gills with this IVF stuff. I just started on my calendar. I have like 10 tests to do, 10+ meds to take, a ton of appts scheduled... I am just a nervous wreck.

I literallly had to make a list of dates with the days I start and stop what meds so that I dont mess it up.

Brandy, how many times do you need to go in to see the doc? Sounds like being organized is necessary and will be worth it! :)

Brandy, how many times do you need to go in to see the doc? Sounds like being organized is necessary and will be worth it! :)

haha I was blocking out my calendar at work today and I think I have more blocked out than I am working... seems like a full time job

• 5/30 appt
  • 6/1 start 1 of the meds
  • 6/3 hysteroscopy, trial transfer, and hsg sedation required
  • 6/14 begin 1 injection
  • 6/14 stop one of the meds
  • 6/23 start 2 more meds
  • 6/28 ultrasound, blood work, docto appt, decrease 1 med
  • 6/29 start 2 more injections 2x daily
  • 6/30 ultra sound, labs, doctor appt
  • 7/3 ultrasound , labs , doc appt
  • 7/6 ultrasound, labs, doc appt
  • 7/8 ultrasound, labs doc appt
  • 7/8 ultrasound, lab , doc appt HCG Trigger shot
  • 7/10 EGG RETRIEVAL!
  • 7/12 begin progesterone injections
  • 7/13-7/15 wait for the call for Embryo Transfer

Wow! That's a lot going on! Make me wonder how I'll be able to do all that living an hour away from my doc!eek.
I'm sticking with the Vitex/ Chaste Tree this month, I'll test for ovulation and I'll be going to the physio again for some visceral therapy( to get my uterus ans ovaries in prime position).
Brayr, how are you doing this month?

haha I was blocking out my calendar at work today and I think I have more blocked out than I am working... seems like a full time job

• 5/30 appt
  • 6/14 begin 1 injection
  • 6/23 start 2 more meds
  • 7/10 EGG RETRIEVAL!

What is the trial transfer for??

• 5/30 appt
  • 6/14 begin 1 injection
  • 6/23 start 2 more meds
  • 7/10 EGG RETRIEVAL!

What is the trial transfer for??

Actual the trial transfer is really cool :)

They pretend like they are doing a real transfer but at the same time they will measure and essentially map out the length of my cervix/uterus etc as to avoid any damage being done during the actual transfer.

Here is the explanation from a medical site.

A trial embryo transfer is a procedure done in the early steps of the IVF process. With a trial transfer, the RE can see if there are any physical obstacles that will impede the transfer or implantation. A tilted uterus, scar tissue, polyps or myomas found in the uterus can make it difficult for the catheter to reach the uterus and could make implantation difficult or impossible.

The preparation for the procedure is much like the real event. You will be asked to have a full bladder at the time of the procedure. A small, saline-filled catheter is inserted vaginally into the uterus. The RE will make note of anything they need to be aware of or fix before the actual transfer takes place. It can best be compared to a PAP smear or an IUI in pain level and duration.

Wow! That's a lot going on! Make me wonder how I'll be able to do all that living an hour away from my doc!eek.
I'm sticking with the Vitex/ Chaste Tree this month, I'll test for ovulation and I'll be going to the physio again for some visceral therapy( to get my uterus ans ovaries in prime position).
Brayr, how are you doing this month?

I am literally like 5 minutes from my doctor otherwise im sure they could/would combine appts.

I'm with you West, if I end up doing IVF, it's at least an hour one way to my FS. If I have to go on Wednesday or a weekend, or if I have to do anything other than an ultrasound or blood work, it's a 2 hour drive one way. Blah.

That's so exciting for you though Brandy. I would love to be able to do IVF/ICSI right now, but it's so damned expensive! Maybe eventually...

Thanks I am sure it will all work out for all of us.

I have alot to be very thankful for.. I just really hope it's successful and I can be rid of this obsessiveness of getting that freaking BFP.

Hey girls, CD11 and I had my flashy smiley face on my OPK. So that means I'm fertile, just wanting on the solid smiley to show I'm HIGHLY fertile. I think we'll take tonight off and start everyother day once I get my solid smiley. Then we'll stop once I get my temp rise. Again, not really expecting much this cycle. Just going in with the attitude that whatever happens, happens.

Hey girls, CD11 and I had my flashy smiley face on my OPK. So that means I'm fertile, just wanting on the solid smiley to show I'm HIGHLY fertile. I think we'll take tonight off and start everyother day once I get my solid smiley. Then we'll stop once I get my temp rise. Again, not really expecting much this cycle. Just going in with the attitude that whatever happens, happens.

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

FX hope to have good news soon ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"