August loss thread - TTC our rainbows!

Awe sweety congratulations! Can't wait to see pics! X

Thanks everyone. Will post it on fb. On mobile version it seems a big task.

Right, so I'm seriously starting to question whether TTC after this first AF after my m/c is a good idea. I'm absolutely terrified that the same thing is going to happen again, so scared that if I do get pregnant I don't want anyone but me and my doctor to know. Is this normal? Not even wanting to tell my DH?

Talked to the doc today. He said that is very likely that I am becoming resistant to the letrozole. So we had two options.

1) Do the shots, monitoring and IUI and that has no bmi limit although they like it to be under 42 and it only has a success rate of 10-12%. Cost: $1700-$2000

2) IVF. 50% success rate, frozen embryos for siblings. But an imposed bmi limit of 38. Which would require me to lose at min 90 lbs but preferably about 100. cost $10,000

After talking it over with hubby we have chosen the IVF route. We can always choose the other option down the road but this our goal.

The good news is that the doc said my day 3 levels were normal so my egg count etc is all fine.

Not until next Sept or Oct. I am going to talk to them tomorrow again because I had a thought about my Hyperplasia and wanted to know how we are dealing with that (it's technically gone but the last time we talked about it, if I wasn't doing letrozole they wanted me on b/c in order for it to stay gone). I also plan on asking them what the cost is for a second or third try assuming we have embryos frozen. it has to be cheaper than a regular cycle as there won't be as many meds involved without having to do egg extraction.

I would like to have as much saved up as possible for us to be able to do more than just the one try. hopefully we get lucky but sometimes it take 2-3 times.

and then there is the weight loss. the bare min I have to lose is 90 lbs. But ideally they want me to lose closer to 120. So that could take awhile.

Not until next Sept or Oct. I am going to talk to them tomorrow again because I had a thought about my Hyperplasia and wanted to know how we are dealing with that (it's technically gone but the last time we talked about it, if I wasn't doing letrozole they wanted me on b/c in order for it to stay gone). I also plan on asking them what the cost is for a second or third try assuming we have embryos frozen. it has to be cheaper than a regular cycle as there won't be as many meds involved without having to do egg extraction.

I would like to have as much saved up as possible for us to be able to do more than just the one try. hopefully we get lucky but sometimes it take 2-3 times.

and then there is the weight loss. the bare min I have to lose is 90 lbs. But ideally they want me to lose closer to 120. So that could take awhile.
It sounds like you have a great plan in place! So excited for you.

So first af after loss showed today. Im glad, would have loved to be pg but I think I might have been afraid and wondered if something was wrong geting pg so soon after. But now I feel I can start with clean slate! :)

hi i did ivf in feb 2016,and i lost my darling son in aug. 2016 as stillbirth. now i am planning for fet in nov. 2016. ivf dr. just prescribed me provera to start my periods.
On day 3 of my periods i have to do sonohcg.. i have high tsh,pcos,etc.

Had a weird cycle but I got a :bfp: today.. hard to trust it, scared it will end like in august :/

Hi girls, I hope you don't mind me posting this here, I'm sorry I didn't post for such a long time, but I just wanted to post a positive outcome. I had two early miscarriages, one in 2013, one in 2014 and then I lost my daughter at 17 weeks in August 2015. I didn't think I'd get my rainbow. I fell pregnant again in December 2015, after a hard pregnancy I had my baby girl 3 weeks early. We left the hospital with exactly a year to the day after losing our angel. She is now almost 10 weeks old. I hope everyone gets their rainbow. Xxx

Was just checking in to see who has had their rainbows from the August loss thread. Jude Robin was born 29 June 9lb 14oz, came very quickly labour was just 2.5hours with 18mins of pushing! No pain relief and didn't need any assistance this time so I felt fantastic afterwards. About day 4 he stopped feeding and I came down with a nasty bout of mastitis, so we were in an impossible cycle of sterilising, expressing, syringe feeding breast milk and formula because he lost 10% birth weight. As well as stream of visits from family, midwives and breastfeeding peer support workers and infant feeding midwives. He suddenly decided to latch on again about 8 days old so for the next couple of months he fed constantly all day trying to up supply and catch up with lost weight. Looking back I do not know how I got through it, bht here we are all settled. I am still struggling to adjust with my daughter
- she is fantastic, but I still struggle to divide my time, give her the patience she needs and to remember she is still only 3!

Congratulations to everyone else who had their rainbows. Well done Mrs Mac and Sweety, I hope you and your babies are well. Hope the ladies who are pregnant are doing well and able to relax and enjoy it.

Very sorry to everyone else who finds themselves here, don't lose hope and I hope you have your rainbows very soon. X

Good to hear from you Joo, I've been wondering how you were doing.
Just to update, I'm now sat here with my one week old rainbow, Amelie Olivia was born at 8.26pm on October 20th, 8 days early, weighing 6lb 12.5oz. It was a very unexpected and sudden arrival, resulting in an unplanned and unassisted homebirth, my DH ended up delivering her in our bath at home after labour ward said it sounded like I wasn't in labour and to just have a couple of paracetamol and a bath and things would calm down... Amelie was born in the bath less than an hour later! Not how I planned or imagined it at all as I was definitely against a homebirth every time it was suggested, but we were left with no option as baby was on her way and wasn't waiting around! So shocked she's another pink bundle as I was convinced I was having a boy. Can't believe she's finally here after the sad times we were going through last year with our third loss.
Hope all the other ladies from our 2015 thread are doing well, and good luck to all the new ladies TTC or expecting xx

It's been such a long time since I posted here but my rainbow has arrived. Emi.lia Evelyn was born 10/25 at 29 weeks. She will be in the NICU until closer to my due date in early January. H & I are so in love with her, she is doing really well in the NICU. It has been so healing my for soul to finally hold my living child.

Congratulations Danser, it's amazing to finally be able to hold your baby xx

Hi ladies, sorry it's been such a long time since I posted - it's been a bit manic with 2!

Congratulations Joo, Sailorsgirl, bubbles and danser! It's so heartening to read that many of us have our rainbow now despite the hard times. For those of us who are still waiting, I hope your rainbows come along soon x

Danser, I hope your little fighter is doing well and is home soon. I'm so delighted for you!

Afm: cannot believe little Ruaridh is 3 months old tomorrow! Here's a picture of my little batman and robin on Halloween 😍

Attachments

• IMG_0565.jpg
    IMG_0565.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 1
Congratulations Danser! Hope Emilia goes from strength to strength xx

Mrsmac that pic is so cute! Beautiful boys you have- 3 months has flown by! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads