Away from my 3yr old on Christmas day - tips to help me through please :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd just move it all forward a day, and celebrate on Christmas Eve as you planned. At his age, he won't know the difference.

We did our own Christmas at home the week before Christmas last year, and probably will this year too. Christmas Day is totally booked up between DH family and mine, so we just don't have the time for ourselves to have our own thing if we don't move it to a different day. It was just as enjoyable. We wrote a letter to Santa and asked him to bring our presents early since we wouldn't be home on Christmas, and DS1 really liked that.

Thanks everyone, that boots ad made me cry *sniff*
My hubby and son are going to MILs on xmas day and she has got our son a bike. She said to hubby she couldn't wait to see his face when he saw it and realised Santa had been to nannys house too.
I won't get to see his little face when he sees it :'(

Why not invite Granny to "your" Christmas too, and she can bring the bike with her? Maybe invite her round for lunch.
Remind her that you are telling him Santa comes the day before so she can bring his present with her as you don't want to confuse him.

So the day has come. I just left my husband and son to get on the boat, as i was walking away my son shouted Merry Christmas mummy.
Absolutely heartbroken.
Remember christmas isn't about presents or how much money you have spent its about family and being with the ones you love.
Enjoy that time one day you may have to miss it xxx

Hugs hunni. How did your day go today?
Did Santa come last night for him?

Wish I saw this earlier my inlaws have a boat in hythe marina literally 4miles from IOW :(

I am on the ferry home!! One of the hardest things i have ever done, but its done!
My son is happy and healthy and i couldn't be more greatful for that, just can't wait to see him and my husband not to mention the rest of my family who I've not seen yet either! Xx

Hope you are having a special day hugs x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back