B-Vitamins Poll

medicine

Reaction score
B Vitamins?

I made this topic based on the topic called "https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-...gthen-luteal-phase-increase-progesterone.html".

I would like to know the success rate of B vitamins with actual numbers. It seems to work for some but not for others. It would be good to know how many it worked for compared to how many it did not work for or how many it made things worse for or how many it did nothing for.

It seems B vitamins, in particular B6, are supposed to make the luteal phase (LP) of the menstrual cycle longer, which should fix luteal phase defect, LPD (These Link Explain Luteal Phase Defect: https://www.babyhopes.com/articles/luteal-phase-defect.html, or https://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/lutealphasedefect.html).

According to the first article, we want a longer luteal phase because: "If your luteal phase lasts anything under 10 days it is considered a luteal phase defect. But some doctors believe that if the luteal phase falls under 12 days, then it is a problem. If you conceive and you have a luteal phase defect, you will have an early miscarriage."

It seems B6 can be used by those who have normal periods, but who just want to make the luteal phase longer. This link explains what a normal period is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menstruation

It seems that it is best to take the B vitamin complex instead of just taking one B vitamin by itself, because it seems that taking the complex allows all the vitamins to be absorbed and not wasted, and it seems taking the complex perhaps "balances" out the different vitamins in the system? I'm not sure. It is recommended to take the B50 complex or the B100 complex, and to start with a lower dose. For example, the B50 complex has 50 mg of most of the B vitamins, and have lower amounts of others, such as B12 and Folic acid. The B100 complex has 100 mg of most B vitamins and lower amounts of other vitamins, such as B12 and Folic acid. It seems to also be recommended to not just take B6 by itself, but also take B12 while taking B6, but the B complex should have both B6 and B12 vitamins.

It seems that the B-Vitamin complex should be taken from the start of the cycle until ovulation, but people have said that taking it after ovulation and throughout the whole cycle is OK, but I'm not sure.

How did it work for those who tried it? Is there any other information about B-Vitamins that would be helpful? Did I say something wrong in this post?

I also did a topic similar to this one called "https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/387010-soy-isoflavones-poll.html" to compare B-Vitamins to Soy Isoflavones.

List of those taking B-Vitamins:

678star-bex
brillbride
Damita (B Vits)
Flame589 (B6 50mg)
Guera (started b vits this cycle along with a regimen of herbs and other vits and got a :bfp:! This was my second cycle post IUD removal and along with messing my my cycle it shortened my LP to only 10 days, so I knew something had to be done. I am pretty sure along with the herbs helping to regulate my hormones, the b vits lengthened my LP)
LouiseB (B-vits)
Medicine (B50-Complex; I got a :bfp: on the second cycle of taking B50-complex. I took B50-Complex vitamins through out this cycle, and I think I will continue to take the B50-Complex vitamins. I also used softcup, preseed, grapefruit juice.)
Merry :bfp:
Misty05 (B Complex)
Mom2Ben (B50 complex)
~MrsF~ (B100-Complex)
MrsPOP (will be starting B50 Complex from next cycle. giving Vit B a chance before I move to Agnus or Soy...it seems the least scarier of the options.)
Quaver (B50 complex)
Rmar (b50complex; I got my :bfp: on the cycle that I started taking these. I'm not sure if there was any correlation as I was doing lots of things like yoga and meditation (and lots of sex!).)
skye2010 (100 mg complex)
ticktock :bfp:
wishing4bub#3 :bfp:
xMissxZoiex (Vitamin B6 up until positive OPK; made cycle better, very strong ovulation)
zb5 (30 mg B vitamins)

this should be interesting. Just started a B Vit complex. I am feeling very positive about making this a change to my ttc routine.

hi, on my 1st month the b vits stopped all spotting and gave 14 day LP.

This month I spotted a little from 11dpo-13dpo as af arrived properly end of 13dpo so still helped LP but not as well as first month but could be due to other supplements too (maca and rrl tea) but still better than normal!

Hopefully next month will get bfp or if not, hoping b vits will still have an impact on my cycle

Hey, I like the poll! I'd love to see some real numbers on this. :)

I've voted No BFP yet but still patiently taking B vitamins, but what do you want us to do if we get BFPs?:flower:

How about a list of people taking vit Bs with since April 2010 or something like that? And add BFP next to it if we get it?

I am taking it because i have a gene defect so i need the B vits to have a happy and healthy baby. on a plus side i have found i dont get insomnia as bad anymore and my sleep is more satisfying i no longer wake up tired. on a down side i am getting pimples like no tomorrow.

This is a brilliant post. Very imformative.:)

I've been taking a B Complex along with a multi vit for a couple of weeks now.

For the past 3/4 cycles I have been spotting up to a week before AF.

However, this cycle I only spotted for 2 days before I got my AF. I'm feeling very positive about the B vits. I also have a LP of 11 days so I'm hoping the B vits sort this out too.

I've voted No BFP yet but still patiently taking B vitamins, but what do you want us to do if we get BFPs?:flower:

How about a list of people taking vit Bs with since April 2010 or something like that? And add BFP next to it if we get it?

I can make a list of those taking B-Vitamins and then add BFP next to their name if they get it. That way, we can count the "Number of BFPs from B-Vitamins" based on the list.

So for those who want to be added to the B-Vitamins list, just let me know. Also, you can tell me what B-vitamins you are taking or any other information.

Also, I think maybe it is best to only take B-vitamins from the beginning of the cycle until ovulation or until a day after ovulation, since B-vitamins seem to cause spotting on days before AF. Maybe it is not best to take them for the full cycle.

Been taking B Vits for the last 4 months, first month trying so we will see ;)

I've been taking B-vits for about 4 month too, had my first cycle and no BFP so i see no reason to believe it has any impact in itself.

Hi, this is my first month taking B vitamins, 2nd/3rd month trying. I'm taking about 30 mg. I'm in the 2ww so I should know soon, bfp or no bfp.

hi, on my 1st month the b vits stopped all spotting and gave 14 day LP.

This month I spotted a little from 11dpo-13dpo as af arrived properly end of 13dpo so still helped LP but not as well as first month but could be due to other supplements too (maca and rrl tea) but still better than normal!

Hopefully next month will get bfp or if not, hoping b vits will still have an impact on my cycle
Wow, two days of spotting is not good, I think. That is like delaying the start of the period.

Perhaps it is not good to take B-vitamins throughout the cycle. Maybe it is best to take it from day one of the cycle until the day of ovulation, and then stop. Perhaps taking it throughout the cycle is causing the spotting? I'm not sure.

Did you take the vitamins throughout the cycle or for only part of the cycle?

What was your LP before you took B vitamins?

Taking them since half way through last cycle, this is my first full cycle taking them. Hoping it will help me ovulate and sort my cycle out. Will see fx

I took B6 50mg for the first time last cycle and my O day was 5 days earlier than the previous 2 cycles, my LP was also 2 days longer than previously. I know its only one month of using the B6 but it seems to have helped , will know for sure after a few more cycles but hopefully a BFP instead!

Hi, I started taking B50 complex this month to try and extend my LP which is 8-10 days at the moment. Am hoping it works!

The main reason I'm taking B vits is to try to stop my usual spotting before AF. I thought they were supposed to help with that? I thought AF-O was the most important time to take them but taking them during the 2ww shouldn't hurt...

The main reason I'm taking B vits is to try to stop my usual spotting before AF. I thought they were supposed to help with that? I thought AF-O was the most important time to take them but taking them during the 2ww shouldn't hurt...
I think I will only take the B50 vitamin complex during the time until one day after ovulation and then stop taking them during the two week wait. I'll see how it goes.

I have just noticed this morning that the B vits have shortened how long my period goes for. i have gone from 5 to 7 days to 3 to 4 days and the bleeding is better if that makes sense.

I have just noticed this morning that the B vits have shortened how long my period goes for. i have gone from 5 to 7 days to 3 to 4 days and the bleeding is better if that makes sense.
Do you mean that there is more bleeding with shorter days or that there is heavier bleeding with shorter days?

I am taking the B50 complex, and the bleed is much heavier than normal.

I am taking B100-Complex. I am recently off the BC pill and my 2nd month off I had a 6 day luteal phase. This month my EWCM came 3 days earlier but I haven't ov'd yet (if I ov today then ov is 3 days earlier too). But I don't know how I am supposed to tell if it is the Vit B's helping or if my body is just sorting itself out from B/C pill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->