B vits gals!

Yeah, I know the BD timing is a big factor. According to FF, we BD'd 2 days before and the day before O... though I think its possible FF is a little off and I o'd a day earlier.. which means we did the day before and the day of ovulation. (would also mean I got my BFP on 10dpo which makes a bit more sense...?)

There's still a 25% chance for the other even if your timing says girl or boy... so its still up in the air!

Good morning, hope everyone is well. This morning they changed tHe platform the train was coming into at the last minute, so had to run to the other platform to get the train. I have never felt so sick! The train is also bumping up and down, I really don't want to be sick on the train! Not too far from the loo though, so that's good. The running has also made my breasts hurt:( Will try to run less me thinks.

As for the constipation, fresh figs are in season and I'm going to try them to resolve my very mild case:)

my book came, was flicking through and it seems really good. Some bits are stupid obvious though, like they have a whole section on not using drugs! If some one cares enough to buy the book surely they care enough to give up their drug habit! There are some great pictures of babies at weekly stages:)

Hi

The Doc app was ok, nothing special but I really like the doctor. He congratulated us and answered all my questions and then he put me in the system and told me which hospital options I have. I have a choice of thee in the area. I'm going to research them and then I have to call the docs again and give them my choice so that they can get the first midwife appointment. He also gave me a small magazine called Emma's Diary just with some info in it, Merry it this what you got too?

The Doc did mention that that 12% of woman miscarry and went on to explain that this is very common but that they would only investigate it if it is reoccurring. But he also said that I shouldn't worry that most pregnancies go on to be fine with no complications and that the further along I get the lower the risk of miscarriage.

So my questions where:
  • Should I be taking any other supplements other than my prenatal vit? He said no not even the Bvits! He said I should be getting it all from my diet and the prenatal.
  • Can I do exercise like running and weight training, including sit ups? He said if I did it all before then yes, even sit ups in this early stage. As long as I don't over exert myself.
  • How much should I be eating for healthy weight gain? he said max 200 calories extra a day!
  • What is my due date? 7th May 2011

Anyway wonder what I'll have - boy or girl? We Bd-ed the night before O and the morning after. What do you girls think? I'd really like a boy! But I'd just be happy that's it's healthy :)

Somehow after hearing it from the doctor we felt like - oh my word this is real! We called out family to tell them and they were over the moon! :wohoo:

Good morning, hope everyone is well. This morning they changed tHe platform the train was coming into at the last minute, so had to run to the other platform to get the train. I have never felt so sick! The train is also bumping up and down, I really don't want to be sick on the train! Not too far from the loo though, so that's good. The running has also made my breasts hurt:( Will try to run less me thinks.

As for the constipation, fresh figs are in season and I'm going to try them to resolve my very mild case:)

my book came, was flicking through and it seems really good. Some bits are stupid obvious though, like they have a whole section on not using drugs! If some one cares enough to buy the book surely they care enough to give up their drug habit! There are some great pictures of babies at weekly stages:)

Hey that books sounds good, which one was it again?

I know what you mean about the running. I'm going to try do a run this weekend but gosh I get out of breath just climbing a few steps!

I know the nausea is not great but at least you know there is a :baby: in there because of it... :haha:

Your dr. Appointment was so better than mine!!!! No the info I got wasn't even aimed at patients, was aimed at the Dr but she had nothing else to give me. She told me that I only had to take folic acid but didn't care about my b vits. She didn't tell me about hospital choices, wasn't put in any system. She also told me miscarriage was common at my stage, that there was a high risk which has made me anxious. A 12 % risk is a lot lower!! My doc actually said she didn't have to do anything. I think she was a young locum maybe but she sucked. Glad your appointment was good, you going to stop the b vits?

My book is called You Guide To Pregnancy, it's good and was 5 stars on Amazon. Will read it properly at the weekend:)

hope your running goes well, I think I'll stick to bike riding and yoga, less jerking and easier on the knees:)

glad you family was all excited, I don't want to tell my family till 12 weeks as couldn't take my mothers drama if I mc. There will be drama I tell her so late, especially as she visited this week and asked me if I'm pregnant. Hoping the news will stop her going postal!!

My book is called You Guide To Pregnancy, it's good and was 5 stars on Amazon. Will read it properly at the weekend:)

I can't find this book? What am I missing?

That could be cause I was mixing the name up, sorry! It's your pregnancy bible by Deans. It has a longer title but that's the start.

Morning gals. We're all first time parents here, right? :) Makes it nice to go through the unknown together!
I also have to say that when I got my BFP, I was still so very sad for all the girls in my groups who got left behind, so thank you guys for getting your BFPs too so I can keep going with people I went through the TTC struggles with! :haha: :rofl:

Interesting doctors appointments. I've only nipped in real quick for blood draws. They ask how I am, I say fine, maybe mention some symptoms, nothing big. Crissie - interesting about the 12% rate? Haven't heard that but it makes me feel a LOT better.. I was hearing 20% which sounds scarier when they say 1 in 5. The one huge downside to this site is that we become aware of all the things that can go wrong.
I know what you mean about drama Merry.
I'll tell my MIL once we see the hb, hopefully next week. I heard the mc rate goes down to 3% at that point and I don't think we could hide it for much longer than that.
I know a mc would be much more devastating for her than for me... she'd dwell on it and never ever get over it etc... *sigh*

Nothing much new with me.. having crazy dreams.. not really pregnancy related, and heck, I have crazy dreams all the time anyway, but I'm sleeping a lot heavier and having trouble waking up. Maybe its just that the sun hasn't been up in the morning for days... the sun usually helps wake me up. hmm...

I'll be getting my pregnancy books soon! Hopefully tomorrow at the latest!

The Baby Owner's Manual: Operating Instructions, Trouble-Shooting Tips, and Advice on First-Year Maintenance
https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Owners-...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1283482460&sr=8-1

we got this book for all our pregnant friends, and all of them loved it... its the only baby book the guys managed to read and DH glanced at it and has told me we have to get that one too. Very easy to read and understand, great diagrams.. not too full of the anecdotes, just straightforward. Very humorous too as they discuss the baby as your 'model' and your pediatrician as your 'service provider' etc.

Oh my word I just want to buy all the books! I'm already a third of the way through the healthy eating one. My DH was like :saywhat:! But when I'm working on one of my 'projects' I can get a little carried away....:haha: It used to be 'Project: Next Holiday', then it was 'Project: TTC' and now 'Project: Baby!'

There's this great book out there called something like the baby food bible... its super thick and I think lists all the foods and when baby can eat them and gives recipes too? I'll have to check with my friend who got it at her shower.

hey Lisaf I think I'll graduate to an Apple Seed tomorrow. :yipee:

YAY!!! thats my favorite ticker btw... Its exciting to see it grow, get a real idea for the actual size of what you're dealing with :)
I wish I could be 'surprised' by what my little bean grew to next week, but I keep getting sneak peaks from the other ladies with the ticker :haha:

I know, a snowpea :( oh well still exciting to get there :)

lol, oh yes, still exciting.. I love Thursdays because thats when my ticker changes!

Hey ladies, hope you ok. I'm really worried today :( this morning I had some bleeding:( it was red blood but quite light and 2 hours later all signs of red or brown blood have gone but I'm still worried it might mean I'm having a mc.

My temps are still high, they are supposed to drop I believe with a mc which gives me hope. I did a hpt and it was a really strong line on the test line, as dark as the control line, so my hormone hasn't gone away. I'm trying to think positive, my book YPB by Deans says that light bleeding is common and that 90% of cases no harm comes to the pregnancy. Trying to stay positive but so worried.

I'm not sure what to do, might go get a handful of HPTs, take another tonight and then one each morning for the next few days. Or do you think this is just going to stress me out further. DH thinks I should just relax, so have a day of Star Trek watching while knitting ahead of me. I just don't know what to do!

Well Star Trek and knitting should help keep you relaxed! (sounds SOOO good to me, but I'll be cleaning/organizing the house :( )

I've seen SO many threads over in First Tri with bleeding, even red blood etc... The consensus seems to be that if you are just bleeding or just cramping, you are likely to be fine... if you are bleeding AND cramping, you are more likely to be having a mc.
Just relax and take it easy today... lots of things can cause bleeding, implantation, the formation of the placenta.... heck, there was a girl with lots of red blood who had an infection but baby was fine!

Call your doctor/MW today if you can, or Monday and see what they want to do. I think blood levels may be more reassuring than HPTs... just get 2 tests done at least 2 days apart and see that the levels are going up nice an healthy.

I know it must be scary and I would be freaking out in your shoes, but try not to assume the worst and just remain calm since stress is not going to help any.

Hey Lisaf, trying not to panic. I was tearful earlier but am more calm now. I called NHS direct and talked to a health care advisor, she got a nurse to call me back. Who referred me to the walk in centre at the local hospital. The doctor was really nice and kept saying that as the bleeding has stopped it's likely every thing will be ok. I really do hope it will all be ok.

Have to see my GP Monday as well. The doctor said they may do blood tests to ensure the hormones are increasing and may give me an early 6 week scan. Then again they may not.

I'm just worried and trying to relax isn't easy. Have got 4 more pregnancy tests and will do one tonight and one each morning. I know it does necessarily mean I'm still pregnant but seeing the two lines makes me happier. The doc asked my temp, took my pulse, felt my abdomen and she said it all felt fine. So that's good.

I've read some posts about women having lots of bleeding and still going full term and praying that I'll be ok.

Yeah, I'm really thinking it sounds like the normal bleeding. And if the HPTs make you calm down, then by all means keep testing them! Just keep in mind if your urine concentration is different, they may be different darkness.

I know its not worth the worry, but on the plus side, you may get an early 6 week scan!! :haha: Many girls pay privately for that!
Just relax and knit the day away!

Merry try not to worry, my Doctor said that a little bleeding is often common. The only time you need to call is if you have bleeding combined with pain. I assume you have no pain right? And the fact that it's stopped is a good sign. Was is just spotting or did you need a sanitary towel?

The bleeding could be so many things not necessarily MC.

But I can understand how you feel :hugs: just try to relax. I'm thinking of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->