Babee_Bugs - Testing section - BFP PG176 - 1st Scan Booked 13-09-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah hun I would goto a&e and get betas done that way you can put your mind too rest either way it turns out coz if you are preg all this worry will be no good x

I'd call the EPU too. xx

I agree...can't you go to the epu or to the emergency room? The way they treat you is awful. How hard is it for them to run bloods, for goodness sake!!!? Can you get another doctor? How are you feeling now? xoxo

Honey I am so sorry for this roller coaster ride you ahve been on. I just read through ALOT of pages and followed your story. I dont want to be the debbie downer, as I know your pain 1000% because I lost a baby last year at 17 weeks. Due to this, I marched on over to the second trimester loss forums and have became great friends with many girls there, and sadly enough to inform you, that yes, there can still be HCG levels in your system 6 weeks on. There have been many of us in there that were very impatiently waiting for their levels to get to zero (or below 5) so they can start trying again. For me, it took 42 days before AF showed after my d&c. Your body wont trigger AF until hcg is gone because until then, it still thinks you are pregnant. The spotting can very easily be attributed to the lining of your uterus building up again after and getting ready to shed, however, it needs the progesterone trigger after ovulation (which will happen when hcg is gone) to prepare for shedding aka, AF. HCG levels can and WILL bounce around up and down and they slowly decrease, and the same applies for when it is a new pg. They can and WILL bounce around. This could be the cause of your some dark some light lines. And you said your levels were 60,000 before your loss... wow! Mine were only 3,000 before my d&c and it still took 42 days for AF to arrive. This is the exact reason why doctors advise waiting at least one full cycle for dating purposes and to rule this scenario out, but that being said, I also know your desperation to be pg again :( I lost my baby girl May 26, 2011 and here it is over a year later and I am still not pg again :cry: I am so sorry for all you have been through, I jut wanted to share some information with you that you may not have been made aware of after your loss. I am not saying I dont think you got pg again... I am just saying there is a possibility that this was all from your previous pg :(

I hear what your saying Hunnie.... And I completely understand.

Having said that though. My tests decreased from my d&c in April and the came down and the remnants of hcg must of been lingering around for about 2 weeks and I was still getting barely there positives... To anyone other than us ladies would of easily said it was a BFN as it they looked grey like water marks... On the 3rd of June I got a stark white test, roughly 5 weeks after my d&c. So I was like right onto next cycle etc, I even bought opks!

Anyways on the 4th I noticed a barely there positive and so I was like oh maybes the day before I had weak urine.. Trying to explain the tests... But sure enough, 5th it was abit stronger, 6th abit stronger again... So I went to the doctors and said look I've had enough, I want a scan and some betas to be done, incase I have retained products... 7th I had a lovely positive test and did a Clearblue digi and got pregnant 1-2... So I was like right ok.... So anyways I kept testing and as you can see my tests have steadily gotten darker to the point there are as dark as the control line.

The way I see it and think about it, surely if I had retained products from my d&c in April, then my tests would of stayed quite dark? Or my tests wouldn't of came down to the point there were barely positive/BFN to then go very very dark over a period of days, I've compared my tests this time round to when I was getting positives from my last pregnancy and everything looks the exact same. I believe I ovulated on the 26th of may, I had EWCM, ov pains, high soft open cervix, I was sooo sure af was coming then. But nothing... When I started seeing positives again, I was around 9dpo... Along with nausea very bad! Twinges her and there, aversion to foods, aversion to my partner lol weeing loads and thirsty, flushes also.

I do understand that some woman can have positive tests for weeks and week, but surely there shouldnt go barely there positives to then very very dark BFPs...Maybes I never got pregnant again, but to me something just doesn't quite add up

I tested at tea time again... I was talking to my partner earlier and he was like, test again, then when you see it fainter then you have your answer and plus he wanted to see (I try to keep him out of all of this! So he was like WOW)... So I did, and it's darker :dohh:

So I still don't have a answer, only another darker test

Attachments

• 9d55f980.jpg
    9d55f980.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 18
  • 701be4d9.jpg
    701be4d9.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 26
wow...those are getting really dark!!!

It is possible to m/c one baby and keep another, like a set of twins! Not trying to play on hopes but those are sure dark lines.. I'm sorry that you are having such a rough time of it, hugs hon and hope you get some answers soon!

you can definately ovulate with hcg in your body. I lost my baby last August and still have hcg in my body. I have had 6 af's and am pretty sure i o each month. I get evcm, + opk's and also a temp rise on my bbt. I also don't think that hcg does bounce around that month. It is true that urine tests can because it will depend on your hydration level.

Also my consulatant also says that once hcg is <60 you can ovulate and get af's. I got my first af with hcg of 58.

However your hcg can increase without being Pregnant. My hcg fell between sept and nov. In dec it started to rise. My consultant first question was could you be pregnant. In theory i knew i could be, but also was almost 100% sure i wasn't. It rose for about 3 weeks and they started talking chemo. Then it starting to fall again and has consistently fallen since- now at 7 so just 3 to go! I have also started trying again with dr's knowledge.

I am sorry for everything you have gone through. I think the care you have received it disgraceful. I hope you get some answers soon.

Xx

Mine looked like that at just about 5 weeks! (with successful pregnancy)

EPU will deffo scan you if you have dark tests and are bleeding, you may have to wait until Monday tho. A&E will refer you if your GP is still being a prat xx

Ps. I was the same as lotte, cycles kicked in once hcg got down to 50 ish xx

you can definately ovulate with hcg in your body. I lost my baby last August and still have hcg in my body. I have had 6 af's and am pretty sure i o each month. I get evcm, + opk's and also a temp rise on my bbt. I also don't think that hcg does bounce around that month. It is true that urine tests can because it will depend on your hydration level.

Also my consulatant also says that once hcg is <60 you can ovulate and get af's. I got my first af with hcg of 58.

However your hcg can increase without being Pregnant. My hcg fell between sept and nov. In dec it started to rise. My consultant first question was could you be pregnant. In theory i knew i could be, but also was almost 100% sure i wasn't. It rose for about 3 weeks and they started talking chemo. Then it starting to fall again and has consistently fallen since- now at 7 so just 3 to go! I have also started trying again with dr's knowledge.

I am sorry for everything you have gone through. I think the care you have received it disgraceful. I hope you get some answers soon.

Xx

Ooo I wonder if that's what happening with me then, tests going faint, then climbing back up? Did yours go really dark etc?

Can you go to the emergency room, or EPU, to get bloods done. I'd be going nuts without an answer, Babee, and your tests look like mine do...I mean, they're progressing the same way. I have no idea how your hCG could be rising if you just miscarried. I really think you're still pregnant.

I've thought of every possible scenario, I've thought about twins, left over tissue that a d&c missed, sticky placenta, I've miscarried, but my body isn't playing ball just yet... Etc etc

I don't think there would be any point to another scan just yet.... I had one on the 13th in the general area of the hospital (it wasn't in the pregnancy department) and all the could say was how good everything looked, I.e my ovaries were nice and small with no cysts, it all looked clear, there couldn't see retained tissue or a pregnancy. But I was told by the sonographer to return in 2 weeks all being well as then there should be able to see a baby a sac or something at least.. It was just too early apparently. I reckon I was only 4 weeks and 4 days or even less.

If by Monday my tests haven't budged I will be going straight to a&e and demanding a beta test etc...

Can you go to the emergency room, or EPU, to get bloods done. I'd be going nuts without an answer, Babee, and your tests look like mine do...I mean, they're progressing the same way. I have no idea how your hCG could be rising if you just miscarried. I really think you're still pregnant.

I reckon tomorrow I would of been roughly 5 weeks, give or take a day or two either way.... I tested every single day with fmu when I was pregnant last time, I know abit OTT :blush: but I was excited lol.. And I've compared these from now with those older tests I took and they progressing exactly the same.

Now if I hadn't of had any bleeding I would say only going by the tests of course I've got a healthy pregnancy going on!.. But because of the bleeding etc, it has to be questioned

Weird Dan-O as I started reading this page I thought of you and you posted .... Spooky.

I'm still thinking positively for you hun x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back