• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby On Board - Due August/September 2014

SC, I've noticed a little bit of weight loss since the last time I had weighed myself. I haven't had a much of an appetite but I'm essentially supporting 3 people with me still breastfeeding so I know I really need to be keeping my fluid intake up and making sure I'm getting plenty of calories. I know it's not uncommon to lose in the first trimester though, especially with MS.

Annie, my OB didn't see me until 8 weeks with DS so I imagine it will be the same this time. I'm planning on calling and setting up an appointment this week. I'm excited but nervous. It will be nice to know exactly when I'm due but I'm dreading the internal ultrasound. With the vaginal dryness I'm dealing with due to breastfeeding I just know it's going to be ridiculously painful. I'm actually really surprised DH and I managed to get pg at this point when I think about it since it takes so much foreplay and lube to even be able to DTD without pain. Sorry about that TMI.

Welcome Taryn! I added you to the first post. Congratulations on your surprise BFP! Were you planning to have a second at some point or did you think you were done?

Wow, there are lots due at the same time now. Bit exciting! Congratulations all!

Got my blood results back today (slower due to holidays) - hcg was 333 which is good for where I think I was last Tuesday and very similar to my dd for same dpo. My other levels were good except one (that I take meds for). Its not too bad it unless I get it down I have a high chance of loss. So doubling meds (same level as dd). Fingers crossed it drops. But already 5.5 weeks. Hopefully it keeps going quickly!

Hope some of you get early doctor appointments xx

Hello and welcome to all the new ladies :flower:

I'm thinking of not setting at appt up until around 8/9 weeks? At least then, if a scan is done in his office, I will see a decent amount of what's going on in there! When pregnant with my DD, I had an appt at 6 weeks, and the scan didn't show the fetal pole, so had to wait another 2 weeks :dohh: was so stressful, and I want to avoid that this time.

LOL, I'm surprised we conceived too! A 12 month old can be great contraception. DD is such a handful sometimes, that A) there's noway I can even be bothered DTD, and B) I question if I could even cope with a toddler AND newborn at the same time :dohh: I guess I'll be figuring that out in the next 8 months!

Could you request an abdo scan? I've always had them, even for scans at 6 weeks.

Can I join you. Got a suprise BFP a few days ago, really weren't trying as DD came 12 weeks early and we were waiting on if I needed surgery to correct a kidney issue before potentially trying again. Also currently at risk of redundancy, so really the most inconvenient time! I think we're due the 3rd September, although I keep getting different dates.

Quant hcg test in 5 hours... Praying progressing BFP's mean my hcg is much higher than 10 now!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 9
Jacky, good news on your blood results!

MalcomsMiss, I'll definitely ask if they can do an external exam instead but I'm not sure if I'll get one.

SC, FX'ed for you. Hopefully you get good news! Let us know when you can.

Welcome Dinah! I added you to the first post!

AFM, I called the OB and set up my first appointment. I'll be going Jan 21 at 5 PM. I'm attaching a picture of my latest pg test at approx 19 dpo.

Have you ladies thought about how/when you're going to announce your pregnancies to family and friends?

Attachments

• 19 dpo.jpg
    19 dpo.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 3
Wow- that's an awesome looking strip. Mine are still very faded.

As far as telling people, our parents know (and one close friend). If today's results are good, we'll tell siblings. We plan to wait untill at least 8 weeks to make it public (sooo hard to do)- yes that's early, but if something happens i'm one of those people that can openly talk about miscarriage and was greatly helped by the support prople showed!

That being said, going to a NYE party with a bunch of old friends, where I will literally be the only person not drinking. Very unusual for me. So that could be a giveaway!

SC test are looking very promising!!! :)
Got my first midwife appointment today, 23rd January, seems ages away! :(
Ive already told my parents and sister and my closest friend, its so hard keeping it quiet when your soo excited!!!

Scgirl, tests look very promising. Good luck for your tests!

Great strip Brittany! Its a great feeling when it gets that darker :)

Good luck today Anniemay!

We won't tell for a long time. I was over 20 weeks with dd. That's my aim again but my cloest friend and mum knows and they has been helping me with my dd so I can rest. So so tired.

I would like to join as well!I'm 6 weeks according to my LMP,and my EDD is August 24.I think I might actually have O'd later,so my date may go closer to September.

I went to the doctor on Friday,had blood drawn,but I'm going to wait until after 8 weeks to get a scan.The doctor said he would recommend that as well,since you can't see all that much at the moment.

I've been very crampy,but I think it has to do with constipation and windiness,lol,and then my bbs are also very sore.But nothing else.I am so paranoid,I'm just expecting the worst,all the time :(

Turns out my hcg on Friday was actually 11 (a whole .5 diff!).... Today it is 99! Feeling so much better. Dr. wants to repeat test in a week.

Already told my parents and brother, dad was excited for us but mum was devastated. She just worries something is going to happen to me and leave my daughter without a mum after the mess of a pregnancy last time nearly cost me my liver. To be fair last time we were so excited and this time it's taking us a few days to come round to the idea. Trying not to tell hubbys parents for as long as possible (should be easy enough, they live in another country) as they'll hit the roof that we managed to fall pregnant when I'm at risk of redundancy. Will have to start telling at around 10-12 weeks though as I was showing then last time as I'm fairly slim, and I imagine it might be even earlier this being baby2. Trying not to worry about health and money though and get excited about another gorgeous newbie to hug.

Welcome AniMo! I added you to the first post.

SC, excellent news about your HCG levels. If everything still looks good after your next appointment will they stop testing your levels?

Dinah, I hope this pregnancy goes much smoother for you.

AFM, DH and I aren't telling anyone until 12 weeks. Honestly after the experience I had with DS, I would probably keep it to myself until the baby was born if I could. With DS we told our parents as soon as we had a positive test and then asked them not to say anything because we weren't sure how my cycles would be since we fell pg right after stopping BCP. My MIL blabbed right away to my SIL and then gave me such a crap reason for doing it. Apparently since she blabbed about SIL's pregnancies it gave her some sort of right to blab about mine. Then due to a miscommunication with my mom she pretty much told everybody she knew including my cousin who was LTTTC. I had planned to tell her myself as I felt like she had a right to be told personally given my pregnancy was something that would be exciting but also upsetting given her own fertility struggles. The way she found out was just so insensitive. That happened at 8 weeks so then I stressed another 4 weeks that someone would say something publically. I refuse to have a repeat of any of that. Especially if I end up with horrible MS like I did with DS.

I always thought I would wait to tell anyone,but hubby and I decided after we got our BFP,that no matter the outcome,we want our families and friends to know.

SC great progression! And yay for a fantastic number :happydance: I hope you're feeling a little bit more relieved now :hugs:

Brittany, that's crap, truly is NOTHING worse when family ruin the special moment :nope: We have had issues to, with our last 2 pregnancies, so this time our lips are sealed shut!

We really REALLY want to keep it a secret from everybody we know, and announce it on our wedding day, I just don't know how well we can do it. If I have horrible symptoms, I don't know how well I could hide it, especially the MS :shrug: I think it will be a great way to announce though, if all goes to plan. I think with having a wedding to plan, and DD, I'll be busy enough to keep it a secret quite easily :thumbup:

Hi! I would like to join in if that's ok ;) I am 7 weeks 1 day due Aug 17. I saw the baby and heartbeat 1 week ago. This will be my 3rd child. I also have had 3 mc (latest at 17 weeks) so I know I'm not "safe", but DH and I are praying that we are meant to have this little one.

Ooh so exciting, so many to share this with! Wish everyone healthy pregnancies with happy, healthy babies :)

Sc - great numbers - works out to be doubling about every 24 hrs :) great news.

Ooh so exciting, so many to share this with! Wish everyone healthy pregnancies with happy, healthy babies :)

Sc - great numbers - works out to be doubling about every 24 hrs :) great news.

Me too Jacky b! I hope we all get to stick around :happydance:

Welcome Heather, I added you to the first post. I'm glad to hear you got to hear the heartbeat at your appointment. My appointment is scheduled for when I'm 8 weeks based on my LMP but I'm pretty sure baby is a week off so would be around 7 weeks.

Has anyone started thinking about stuff they need to buy? Whether you'll find out the gender? Names?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->