Baby On Board - Due August/September 2014

Does the bleed clear up on it's own or are you at a 30% risk of MC your entire pregnancy? I'm so clueless on a lot of the complications related to pregnancy.

All the best Heather. Praying this is a strong, healthy sticky bean xx

Well I've encountered my first breastfeeding while pregnant complication. DS is refusing to nurse off my right breast. I've always had a lower supply on that side and the let down wasn't as fast. When pumping I could get 2-3 ozs off the left in 10 minutes compared to 1-2 ozs off the right. Now with DS refusing to nurse the right side the difference is very noticeable to me. I'm lopsided! I highly doubt anyone but myself would notice it but it's making me self conscious. Going to try and pump the right side every hour or 2 for the next couple of days in hopes that it will bring my supply back up. If not I guess I'll just be nursing off one breast until DS is a year.

Brittany- well I have 2 boys age 11 and 4 so we will def want to know if we are getting a girl this time. There would be a lot to buy!
I just had my 2nd us on the 31st. Baby looks great but I have an sch (bleed between uterus and placenta). It's about 30% chance on mc according to my doctor. Wish me luck!

Heather, wishing you and your sticky bean the best! I've seen in a previous forum of ladies having this and it disappearing as the baby grew bigger. Hope this is the case for you!!

I Love Lucy, I'd suggest to pump as well to help bring up your supply. Make sure to pump a few mins past when you stop getting milk out to make your body think it needs to produce more. I'm thankful Coltyn isn't like that right now. But I have noticed my milk doesn't have as much of the hind milk like before, it's more watery and Coltyn is spitting up after eating. He does seem a lot hungrier too but he has started eating a lot of baby food. He eats cereal in the morning with expressed breast milk, and then a fruit/veggie for lunch and another fruit/veggie for dinner. It depends but I always make sure I give him one fruit and one veggie per day to help with his constipation from starting solids.

Well I know some babies stop nursing entirely when you get pregnant because it can change the way the milk tastes. Thankfully I haven't had that issue since he nurses on the left with no problem. He's been showing preference to the left side for awhile. He just recently started refusing the right side all together. He's still having plenty of wet and dirty diapers though so that's helping me from stressing out too much about this. Hopefully the pumping will work. So far managed to get 3 pumping sessions in of around 10-15 minutes and have only managed to get .5 ozs. :( But I did get DS to nurse on that side for a little bit today. Maybe just comfort nursing rather than actually eating but I'll take it.

Ok, so I should have probably stopped POAS days ago (like after my first positive test- or the rising blood tests)... but I'm just so nervous I've kept doing it trying to comfort myself.

Of course, I did it at 18dpo, and it did more harm than good.

Took a FRER in the middle of the day, and it wasn't any darker than the test I took at 14 dpo (test line is still lighter than control line... at least it's not getting any lighter?). Also took a CBD, and it only said 1-2 weeks. So let myself get nervous. Again. :dohh:

Another blood test on Monday- so praying things are ok!

Side effect of pregnancy hormones- i started sobbing while watching the intro to a football tv show. (apparently i got really sad about the Clemson players' last game) DH thought I was laughing, and then couldn't stop laughing when he realized I was crying (which I was ok with, b/c i realized how completely ridiculous it is!)... he thinks it's a good sign. :haha:

Try not to stress, SC. There are a lot of reasons the test may not have been as dark as you were expecting. For one, you tested with afternoon urine which probably wasn't concentrated like FMU would be and therefore could easily be the reason for the lighter test line. I like to remind myself that the pregnancy test doesn't determine how pregnant I am, it just tells me I'm pregnant. It's easier said then done though, I got myself all worked up with my pregnancy with DS over the darkness of the lines and I didn't learn my lesson as I found myself getting worked up over the darkness of the lines this time around too. Maybe put the tests away until Monday when you go to the doctor.

Also, the crying thing is one pregnancy symptom for me that DH thinks is hilarious. We were watching a show and I started crying and it really wasn't anything to cry about. Though I will say this symptom hasn't seemed to go away ever since I got pg with DS. I can cry pretty easily over things that I really don't know why I'm crying about.

Anyways, how is everyone doing? Loopey I know you were only 10 dpo when you first posted in here. Hoping everyone still has a sticky bean!

I took another test today with FMU... it wasn't any lighter, but it wasn't any darker. I've still been checking my cervix, and this morning noticed that it had gone from soft to firm- probably not a good sign. A few hours later, I started bleeding.

I think it might be over for me again. Going to try to see the doctor on Monday and pray that he can figure out why my body can't seem to keep a pregnancy...

Have any of y'all had early bleeding / spotting? it started out brick red for me this morning (only when wiping), so I used a pad but absolutely nothing got on it. Every time I wiped, there would be a bit of a dark color (it went from red to brown over the course of a few hours), and has been lightening up...

I don't want let myself hope only to be let down again- but... last pregnancy (that ended earlier than this one) ended with a gush of blood that didn't stop for days... I hate not knowing- sure, I'll probably know something by Monday, but this is exhausting!

OH SC, I really hope everything turns out okay and this is your sticky bean. I've never had experience with bleeding while pregnant. Well not anything noticeable anyways. I know when I went in for my first appointment with DS they said there was blood in my urine but I couldn't see anything. I think a lot of people spot though when they're pregnant. Maybe since this time things are different from what you experienced when you had your MC everything will be okay? FX'ed for you.

AFM, I tested today because I thought at this point the test line would be darker than the control line since the last 4 tests or so that I have taken have been the same color as the control line. This time the line wasn't even the same color as the control. I'm trying not to stress and remain optimistic since I don't have any signs of a MC but it's hard not to worry when you see a line that is lighter than the ones you had previously had.

I haven't had any bleeding in this pregnancy, but in my last one with my DD I did. Nothing that stained a pad or my underwear, but just a streak of red when I wiped. Hope its all okay tomorrow.

The light brown stopped last night. Mid-morning started bleeding brick-red again, but a bit heavier (quite a bit when wiping, but hardly any ended up on a pad). It already appears to be slowing though. The FRER i took this morning is the darkest yet- so confusing. Dont think the bleeding can be good though!

I talked to the on-call nurse, and she didn't seem too concerned. recommended if the spotting continues to call the office when they open tomorrow and tell them she said i should be seen (which I plan on doing!)

Well glad the nurse doesn't seem too concerned. Hopefully you can get in right away tomorrow. Keep us updated!

SC I hope everything turns out great and that this is your sticky bean! I will say on the August babies thread it seems that there are several that spotted then it would go away/come back, go to their docs and find out they are having twins. Any chance of that for you? There could also be a bleed between your cervix and the baby which could cause some spotting. Definitely call your doc first thing in the morning to be seen so you can find out what's going on!

Hey :blush:

I think I would belong in here... "think" because I never had a period after I had my implant removed so can only tentatively guess.. got "pregnant 3+ weeks" on 2 clearblue digitals in the very early hours in the morning on the 4th.

I know that protocol here is to phone the midwife directly and I've been going crazy all weekend, waiting to phone! Apparently you phone and they give you an appt for when you're 8-10 weeks pregnant.

How will they know when that is for me? I've worked out that I'm roughly 6 weeks.. wondering if they'll just take that and run with it and make me wait 2 weeks for an appt or whether I'll get an early scan.. I've got everything crossed for the early scan :blush:

modified, I think I remember you from WTT back in the day but I could be wrong. Anyways, I got pregnant with DS right after stopping the Nuvaring so I never had an AF after I stopped that. They calculated my due date based on the last AF I had while on the Nuvaring. Not exactly sure how your cycles were on the implant but if you have AF's while using that they will probably do the same for you and then give you a scan at your 8-10 week appointment to get a more accurate due date based on the babies measurements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->