• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Babywearing Addicts!

Hello I'm Aliss and I am also a BW addict! I have not used a stroller in nearly 5 months.

I have:
- A khaki ergo (I use 3-5 hours a day)
- A sleepy/moby wrap (no longer using but keeping for #2)
- A hotsling (no longer using, again keeping)
- A Bjorn active (bought this before I knew better, LOL)
- An infantino bag sling (which has later been recalled/considered dangerous, I am keeping it because I feel it is unethical to rehome it)

And I'm currently shopping for either a mei tai or a connecta, not sure yet :)

Alex is 24lbs and we're still going! I wear him everywhere- walking the dog, to the gym, to the grocery store, people's houses, the doctor office, everywhere! He is so big he is in an extended rear facing carseat already so it's easier just to load him into the sling!

I even put him in the back carry in public which often frightens people LOL :dohh:

Another addict here :blush:

I started with the moby and it's still my favourite although I have an ergo, a connecta, a mei tai and I've just ordered a r&r.

Finn hates his carrycot due to reflux and when I wear him he can be guaranteed to be asleep in minutes rather than the constant screaming associated with the pram.

Another addict here :blush:

I started with the moby and it's still my favourite although I have an ergo, a connecta, a mei tai and I've just ordered a r&r.

Finn hates his carrycot due to reflux and when I wear him he can be guaranteed to be asleep in minutes rather than the constant screaming associated with the pram.

Mine was very fussy at your baby's age (reflux, etc) and yes the upright babywearing was a godsend! I don't know how reflux moms who don't babywear manage to cope.

I think I have come up with a solution too the mt/ssc problem! I am looking at ordering a custom oh snap!! Does anyone know the $166 including shipping to the uk, do u have to pay any extra for customs charges? X

I have a cheeky question would any mummy friends on here possibly loan me a woven wrap for a few days so I could see how I get on with it before splashing out on a new one? Just in case for some reason I didn't :)

if i wasnt so in love with mine and going on holiday in a week then i would hun

I have a cheeky question would any mummy friends on here possibly loan me a woven wrap for a few days so I could see how I get on with it before splashing out on a new one? Just in case for some reason I didn't :)

Hi ya, i have just brought a ergo and i'm wearing it everywhere at the min, but i have a calin bleu which you could try out?

Wrapping techniques take a bit of time but i use youtube to get the hang of it?

squishymummy is a good one to watch.

PM me if you fancy it, it is one of the slings on the cheaper end of the wrap market but its is still very comfy and is better than my moby/close baby carrier which isn't great for older babies.

xxxxx

*holds hand up* Another addict here... my fave thus far is my SPOC (simple piece of cloth...which cost me a whole whopping $5 and I got two of them out of the cloth!!) and this was after spending mega bucks on other 'brand name' wraps/slings/etc. I like them all, but truly prefer my SPOC over anything else.

Like Rebecca_B, I've been looking on youtube as well.. A bit religiously as I'm trying to get those wrap methods down and so far so good! :thumbup:

Hi ladies, I'm looking for a bit of advice if that's ok? :flower:

I've been looking at all different carriers and I like the look of mei tai's and connecta's but I'm worried they won't fit me...I'm a size 22 top at the moment but I don't know if I'll be a lot bigger after I've had the baby (I hope not!). I'm also 5'10 so quite tall.

Do you think a connecta would be ok or is there a better brand for my size/shape?

Thank you :D

A connecta will fit fine Im same sizes as you in height and clothes and I have one :D

Hi ladies, I'm looking for a bit of advice if that's ok? :flower:

I've been looking at all different carriers and I like the look of mei tai's and connecta's but I'm worried they won't fit me...I'm a size 22 top at the moment but I don't know if I'll be a lot bigger after I've had the baby (I hope not!). I'm also 5'10 so quite tall.

Do you think a connecta would be ok or is there a better brand for my size/shape?

Thank you :D

My cousin who is also a member on here (lozzy21 if you want too ask her personly) is a bigger girl like 20-22 on top (oh god please dont slap me if your smaller than that!!) and shes tall too like 5"10 like you she had her baby in my connecta the other day and it was fine shes even getting her self one you might wanna try a streachy wrap (something like a moby) which IMO is the best way to wear a newborn!!

A connecta will fit fine Im same sizes as you in height and clothes and I have one :D

Ooh that's good to hear :D

Did you have to order one with longer straps or just the standard one? x

omg check these out
babywearing-wrapping-poncho

I could have done with one of them today!! Also, I had a nightmare getting harry in the wrap on my front today! He went crazy on me arching his back and kicking me!!!

I've always loved this babywearing coat. For months i've been admiring it, not sure if i would get full wear out of it though.......... love it in the greeny colour,

https://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.189648068.jpg

If you are handy with a sewing machine you can make your own fleece babywearing coat for less than £15.

>>> off to find details.

https://www.naturalmamas.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=84475

For those of you who don't know Kerry is the talent behind the highly sort after Ocah carriers.

Oh that's lush too! How much is it! X

I found it on etsy website, think its a canadian online dept store? just put in babywearing coat into the search once on there, think it is 130 dollars?? about 80 quid i think....

I have the MaM two way deluxe, it's brilliant :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->