• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Babywearing Addicts!

I've been looking for a coat with back carry

im liking the poncho caus who knows which child i'll be wearing more when i need a coat lol and my 18kg toddler wouldnt fit in that MaM coat on my front or back lol to get the right size coat for me would make the panel too small to fit around the boys lol and i love that the poncho can be used for other things too hehe

fed up of trying to get harry in a back carry with th wrap i give up! we're sticking with ssc's! so in selling it...
https://www.babyandbump.com/cloth-d...en-wrap-neobulle-manon-grise.html#post9226880

i dont want to because its lovely but such is life!

wow ive just put EJ in a double hammock with met twist on my back and i can barely feel him up there, not bad for a 28lb baby hehe defo using this on holidayj so comfy

Hi guys! I just got a Moby yesterday and we both love it, my 'doesn't want to nap' baby suddenly sleeps like a log :winkwink:

I see a lot of you are using woven wraps, what's the difference? Is it just that they are not stretchy like a Moby? Can I use other holds than is specified by the Moby instructions like https://www.wrapyourbaby.com/crosscradle.htm ?? xx

i like the doubble hammock! for charlie that is, but i rearly wear charlie :-( although he stays still better than harry! woven wrap isnt streachy like a moby, holds heavyer babys x

yeah the main difference is a woven isnt stretchy and can hold heavier babies but you can also go for organic wovens and i think they are much prettier lol you can use the cradle/nursing hold which is the link you gave there with the moby but you might find you have to re-tie if it gets loose, theres loads of clips of different wrap ties on youtube if you search there with the name of the hold and the type of wrap then it comes up with plenty, a back carry isnt advisable in a moby though you would be forever retying it and your LO is a bit young for back carrys anyway

My storch came today and I love it front cross carry and front wrap cross carry are easy but theres not a chance in hell I can get her on my back yet lol, I need to practice!

I washed my Nati wrap for the first time last night, oh my gosh it is so soft! I have fallen in love with it all over again!

Has anyone made their own wrap? I want to do some back carries for housework but its a no-no with the Moby right?

I don't really want to pay for another wrap since I bought the Moby 2 days ago :dohh: So is it possible to recycle an unused tablecloth into a wrap? Cut in half length ways and sewed together with ends overlapped? xxx

I washed my Nati wrap for the first time last night, oh my gosh it is so soft! I have fallen in love with it all over again!

Used it today and it has shrunk a little bit :( booo!

Woot I'm a BWing Addict! I have a lot. I have 2 Ergos, 2 Moby Wraps, 2 Sleepy Wraps, Baby K'tan, Boba, Wrapsody, Hotsling, Slingling, Jellybean Munchkin, Kozy Carrier, Infantino Wrap and Tie. I'm getting a Dolcino and Didymos for baby #3 whenever that is :) I do rent out my carriers to people and my mom borrows some when she has a new baby (she does in home daycare). So they all do get used.

oh no!! thats crappy can you still tie it ok?

I only just managed to tie it in a wrap cross carry, I should try and put him on my back though just incase! Eek! I hope its still fine!

I went to starbucks this afternoon and this bloke was talking to his mum whilst i was wrapping and he was saying 'that looks like f*!@ing origami, what the F*$& is she doing? Shes gonna lose the kid out the end!'
How tactful...! He was practically shouting it too! Some people have no manners!

This might be of use to those looking for a BW jacket...make your own instructions :)

Has anyone made their own wrap? I want to do some back carries for housework but its a no-no with the Moby right?

I don't really want to pay for another wrap since I bought the Moby 2 days ago :dohh: So is it possible to recycle an unused tablecloth into a wrap? Cut in half length ways and sewed together with ends overlapped? xxx

Yeah, it's not really safe to back carry with stretchy wraps...it's possible to use a tablecloth but it would probably be awkward to wrap with, and not very comfortable...wraps are woven to have a certain [very small] amount of stretch in certain directions for comfort and support. You could pick up a preloved wrap pretty cheaply though, and you can always sell your Moby when you're done with it :)

oh no!! thats crappy can you still tie it ok?

I only just managed to tie it in a wrap cross carry, I should try and put him on my back though just incase! Eek! I hope its still fine!

I went to starbucks this afternoon and this bloke was talking to his mum whilst i was wrapping and he was saying 'that looks like f*!@ing origami, what the F*$& is she doing? Shes gonna lose the kid out the end!'
How tactful...! He was practically shouting it too! Some people have no manners!

What an idiot! :nope:
It should stretch back out again hopefully, just keep using it :)

How many hours on average do you all wear baby for? Lyra only seems to like being in it for naps but I've read it's beneficial for them to be in it while awake and alert too. As soon as she's awake she starts thrashing and screaming :wacko: xxx

It varies really...some days only 30mins or so, others 4-5hrs depending on what we're doing. I think the max has been about 7hrs [with taking him out for feeds/nappy change etc]...she's still little though, I expect it could just take a bit of getting used to. My LO used to cry when I was first putting him in to begin with but he's so used to it all now! :lol:

well i think we're getting there with the back carry in the wrap so looks like i wont be having to let go of my beloved wrap but maybe buy more lol, talk to me about thr Ergo!? are they good iv heard great reviews but what about for small toddlers? like 12-24 months? x

Zarababy1: My boy is 25lbs now, size of a toddler, it fits fantastic. You can see it in my avatar.

As for wearing, I wear about 3 hours a day, sometimes more. I have a dog that needs a good 1.5-2 hour walk daily and then for all my housework. My house is for sale right now so I'm cleaning 1-2 hours a day too (UGH) and I wear him during all that, except when using cleaning products.

i wear EJ about half an hour or so most days while making dinner and cleaning the kitchen hehe, longer if we go for a walk somewhere gonna be wearing him alot on holiday

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->