• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BD House Photo Challenge

Waiting for today's challenge from:

LillyTame
Mrs. JJ
Ameli
SallyHansen76

and ME! I know...

I feel super accomplished. I have even made it to my computer! :haha:

Fruity photo challenge:
Here are some cherries and grapes I'm currently snacking on.

Attachments

• 20130708_181809.jpg
    20130708_181809.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 4
pink & green!!!!!!!!! love at first sight Ameli... love!

Oooh, I have two kinds of apples, blackberries, watermelon, oranges, clementines, blueberries, strawberries, cantelope, honeydew melon, and pineapple in my house, but now I want cherries! :brat:

Oh, these are tomatos brought in from a patient, they bring us food all the time. I was hoping someone would bring something like mangos or pineapples lol

WOW those tomatoes look amazing. Coworkers and family have been giving us lots of tomatoes lately, but I would love to live somewhere like Cali or Hawaii where we could get fresh produce year-round.

(In fairness, we get winter produce, but it's boring stuff like garlic and winter squash.)

(I like garlic and winter squash. I just want an excuse to move to California or Hawaii.)

Here are my bananas plus I posed my fresh baked paleo/gluten-free banana muffins with them.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/kittyfeliz/image-25.jpg

So... Mrs. JJ. (batting eyes here) Can u mail ME some paleo muffins..? I'll send u the avocado salsa? I haven't found any paleo pastries... Or recipes for that matter :(

I wanted something cooler. Felt pressure to be cool... I'm surrounded by fruit after all. I'm settling. This was Paleo lunch. Veggie juice n fruit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 3
So... Mrs. JJ. (batting eyes here) Can u mail ME some paleo muffins..? I'll send u the avocado salsa? I haven't found any paleo pastries... Or recipes for that matter :(

Haha anything for you Snacky! They're suuuuuper easy to make, I throw it all in a blender, preheat the oven, bake for 30, eat deliciousness!!:thumbup:

Remind me what paleo is gain mrs JJ / Snack - is it like gluten free?
Can we have the banana muffin recipe??

Would love the Banana muffin gluten free recipe?? I have not had a decent muffin or cake in years :(

Haha anything for you Snacky! They're suuuuuper easy to make, I throw it all in a blender, preheat the oven, bake for 30, eat deliciousness!!:thumbup:

(cough cough) (( :flower::winkwink::flower::winkwink: ))

JJ, I think we want your recipe...

Haha ok ladies, here it is:

Preheat oven to 350.

2 over ripe bananas
2 eggs
1/2 cup of applesauce (I don't usually have applesauce so I use maple syrup)
2 cups of almond meal
1 tsp baking soda
dash of salt

Optional: I usually use cinnamon and nutmeg and they're delightful with chocolate chips! You can also through in walnuts if you're into that sorta thing... I am not.

I preferably throw all ingredients in the blender at once and mix until there's no lumps. It's faster than this way and I also think it makes them more moist but if you're a purest here's the hard way:

Mash bananas well
add eggs and applesauce and mix
add remaining ingredients and mix until smooth

Use muffin liners and bake for 30 mins. Makes sure a fork comes out clean and then remove from pan to cool. Sometimes I cook more like 35 mins cause I like the tops a little more cooked. And they smell divine while they're baking!

Throw some butter on those bad boys and EAT. They're about a 160 calories a muffin and have 6 grams of protein. I'm eating these every morning to help get my protein in for the day.

Remind me what paleo is gain mrs JJ / Snack - is it like gluten free?
Can we have the banana muffin recipe??

Paleo is more than gluten free because it's totally grain free. It's mostly just eating meat, fruit, veggies, nuts and healthy fats. It's actually a very high fat diet so it's fun to cook! But the basis is that we've evolved to eat this way. Here's a better way to explain it:

https://robbwolf.com/what-is-the-paleo-diet/

I am only semi paleo. I like to cook paleo expect that I use dairy so I'm more "primal" than paleo. And when I go out all bets are off. :haha:

I sent the recipe to Hubster. He has Celiac, so we're always looking for new recipes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->