• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BD on day of positive OPK

zeri - i'm still hopeful for you! And fx it's just brown spotting as it's common in early pregnancy!

afm, appt got cancelled! :growlmad: they told me the doc has a last minute ivf transfer that day and the next available time I can make is Feb 14th! Happy Valentine's day! :)

My usual coverline is ~97.8-ish.

Fri: 97.26
Sat: 97.07 <-- I thought I was Oing that day.. but got -OPK
Sun: 97.22
Mon: 97.44 <-- +opk
Tues: 97.38 <-- +opk

got +opk yesterday and today! So I'm thinking I'm Oing today or tomorrow? Guess we'll wait and see how temp plays out~

:dust: :dust: :dust:
to you girls and to the couple tomorrow!!

Oh no Zeri that sux :( I'm sorry you think AF is on her way. Blah! I know exactly how you feel - I just want to be pregnant too.

I want an excuse like MS to eat sweet stuff too!!!

I guess I'm not doing the HSG this month - next month....I might call the OBYN and see if I can do a scan on Friday morning though - that would be good to see my follies...

xoxo - so amazing you can see her wiggle around!! WOW! I can only imagine how incredible that must be. Was your DH excited?

Fire - sounds like a good plan! It will be nice to see your follies, esp. to see if they're the right size for conception...apparently a size over 21mm I think is ideal...

lxb - I didn't realize your RE appt. was today. That sux you have to wait another few weeks, but hopefully you'll get a bfp and won't need to go after all!

lxb - oh no that SUX that they cancelled your appointment :( but maybe you won't NEED an appointment!

:wine: here's to a BFP instead!!!!

Just a quick update that AF is here for me...:growlmad: Stupid witch. I went through the whole day/night yesterday with just a bit of brown spotting so was really hopeful... But then woke up this morning with cramps and red blood. Ughh!! I think yesterday was actually 13 dpo for me (usually have spotting on that day)..which means I probably ovulated a day later than I thought, on a Thursday. DH and I had Bded on a Tuesday which means I missed the eggie by a good couple days. Ugh!!! Something just always seems to go wrong. :-( Anyway, just ordered some more opks so hopefully will be able to track things better this cycle. Onwards and upwards, I guess... Sigh!! :wacko:

xoxo - so amazing you can see her wiggle around!! WOW! I can only imagine how incredible that must be. Was your DH excited?
DH was not happy that the Dr woke the LO up...he said the baby is busy doing things and needs its rest. "The Dr had no business waking the baby just for our pleasure." Uh oh...someone is already being protective!

So I caved and went to the bakery and bought a huge slice of German Chocolate Cake...I have been doing sooo well, I deserved a cheat.

Zeri ~ :gun: AF :gun: Ughh! Sorry. On to Valentine's babies!

Lxb ~ My OPKs were generally positive 2 days in a row. I'm pretty sure I Oed the day of the second surge. Hope your temps are indicative of that today! And I too think it'd be fab if you get to cancel your visit with the RE due to a BFP!

Fire ~ You're next on the block for Oing! Fxed your Dr gets you in to look at your follies!

Pink Sticky Vibes!

I booked in for follie scan on Monday - but if I get my +ve opk tomorrow or Saturday maybe I should cancel? Because I want to see before I Ov? Hmmm I'm confused.

Zeri so sorry AF showed up :( Valentines babies! so glad u got some opk's coming in the mail....it's so hard when you have one go to know when to time things....waaaaaaaaa

Our order of coq10, tribulus and fish oil arrived so when I gave DH his Maca shake i handed him a massive handful of pills this morning and he was like really?!

Love German chocolate cake! Yuuuuuuuum! And love that your DH has that protective streak going :) I bet he can't wait to be a Dad! The scan must have made it seem real :)

So here's my question for you ladies, assuming I can time everything with DH's one hit - should I go for day of +ve opk or day after? Last month I also had 2 days of surges. I know when you have iui the say come in day after +ve opk but the sperm don't have to do as much work for iui because they get delivered so close to the cervix.....
I get scared when I get the +ve opk that i will miss the egg so I tend to panic and BD as soon as it arrives, but maybe I should be more chill.....

zeri - damn af!! :gun:

xoxo - :haha: @ your dh at being upset with the doc~

fire - :haha: good job at handling bunch of pills to dh!! now... let's make babies!! I was reading up on honey is good for sperm. And the doc said to take 2 tablespoon a day before bedtime. :wacko: dh looked at me like.."are you serious?"

i think if you have to choose between the day of +opk or the day after, maybe the day after the +opk would be good if you test on a consistent basis to make sure you dont miss the surge. I find that I always ovulate ~2-3 days after I got the +opk (confirmed with temp). Even if you O the day of +opk, I've read lots of stories where women got their bfp when they BD at 1dpo~! :thumbup:

afm, temp was high today! So I'm pretty sure I've Oed? but it's still under my typical coverline (97.9). temp this morning was 97.71 and yesterday was 97.38!

Been getting cramps and sore boobs.. so pretty sure O was/is here~ :thumbup:

Lxb - yay! For Ov today :) I think boobs might be more telling than temps!

I'm going to read about honey...DH might be getting a sweeter shake in the morning :)

Fire - how soon do you normally O after your first positive opk? I usually O about 12 hours after, so for me, BDing on the day of the positive opk is best. If you O about 24-36 hours after, though, then BD the day after might be better, as the sperm would be right there in time to catch the eggy when it's released. The good thing about trying for BD on the positive opk day though, is that if DH isn't up to it, at least you still have a chance the next day, whereas if you shoot for O day and he's not up to it, then your chance might be gone. However if you feel he would definitely cooperate for O day then it might be okay to wait.

xoxo - How sweet that your DH is being protective already!! Hehe... Sounds like he's going to be a great Dad. :) German chocolate cake sounds yummy..... And yes, you deserve to pamper yourself every now and again! Making a baby is hard work!

lxb - yayyy for O!! Are you going to temp during the tww??

AFM - Just dealing with AF - day 2. BAh! Felt pretty down yesterday but feeling a bit better today.

Zeri - so sorry you are feeling down with AF. I felt so bummed out this month too when she arrived :( but at least you are getting more information about your cycles so you can hone your timing better. I know I'm grasping at straws - there's not a whole lot of positives I know -- I totally feel your despair!

I am totally with you on the try for the +ve OPK day and if he's not up for it then at least you have the next day.

I peed on my OPKs and the monitor sticks yesterday but I totally forgot about them and left them under the sink without checking to see if they'd gone positive. So when I checked them this morning the monitor had already gone onto the next day and was asking me for another stick (so I couldn't tell if it was positive or not) and the digi OPK was negative...(I had a feeling in the afternoon yesterday I should go pee on a stick but I forgot and then it got late)

So last night I thought I would initiate a BD because if we could get one in two days before the +ve OPK shows up then at least it would clear out the old spermies etc.

Well maybe the extra tribulus tablets I've been giving DH worked because he was totally up for it at like 10.30pm last night (!!!) I decided to use a softcup afterwards and I went to bed. Then I woke up at 4am with a huge stomach ache and paranoid that I was getting toxic shock syndrome from the soft cup so I went to the bathroom and took it out and there was a LOT of blood in it :( I don't know if blood kills the spermies but I'm sure it can't be good for them....

I googled for about an hour until 5.30am to see what it could be - everything pointed to Ov bleeding so I went back to sleep and woke up again this morning and peed on the sticks and the monitor was on PEAK and the OPK was also a SMILEY FACE.

So now I'm in a dilemma -- I can't BD tonight because there's no way DH will be up for it TWO days in a row :( but I don't think the spermies survived from last night because of all the Ov bleeding. I might be able to get him to BD tomorrow during the day (especially because it's going to be raining here all weekend and that will keep him from disappearing in the garden to do some project) but I don't know if today is my second peak day or my first peak day because I forgot to check the sticks properly yesterday......and I have a stomach pain like Ov pain so am I Ov now? Does Ov bleeding happen before/during/after Ov? I'm so confused!!!

Blah!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I'm overthinking it all but I can't help it!!!

Zeri - how do you know when you've O'd?

I really want some German chocolate cake right now!!
xoxo - does Olive become a new fruit every week? Is that how the ticker works? I hope she's a really cute fruit next week :) or she might just stay as Olive :) it must feel wonderful to know she's all snuggled in there. Have you had anymore MS?

lxb - where were your temps this morning? I know you aren't officially charting this month but I still want to chart stalk you :)

fire - i was going to suggest bd on +opk just to make sure you give it a chance in case dh is not up for it then you can try again a day after +opk~!

I think ov bleeding is normal and those spermies should be okay~ did you have watery/ewcm last night?

it could very well be you're gearing up to O yesterday and Oing during the night when those spermies are already there waiting for the eggy!! :thumbup:

as for the fruit ticker, yes, they change almost every week! I dont' remmber what 11 week is.. but 12 week is a prune~! :dance:

zeri - blah to af~! i always throw myself a pity party when AF was here and just watch some tv!

xoxo - how are you? LO shall be little Olive for the whole pregnancy then~ hehe... although I do like 6-week ticker (sweet pea!) :haha:

afm, 97.38 on Wed, 97.71 yesterday, and 98.64 today~ so it dropped a little. Perhaps it will be higher tomorrow? :shrug:

I like Sweet Pea too! That's super super cute. Well she can change to Sweet Pea from Olive then :)

I didn't book my scan on Monday - I decided I want to do the scan BEFORE I Ov - then I can justify the $200+ it's going to cost as my crap insurance doesn't cover 'infertility'.

It's weird but I feel a bit like I might have already O'd....all the stomach cramps etc. have gone away...anyway I guess I'll just try and seduce DH tomorrow during the day. I cancelled some of the things we were supposed to be doing just in case I can get lucky at some point during the day (!!!!)

Fire, from your chart it looks like today is probably your O day. Was it a lot of blood in the softcup? Have you ever had O bleeding before? I guess the most likely cause of the bleeding would be from O... I'm not sure if blood kills sperm. I was looking online for an answer but couldn't really find one. Someone mentioned that if it was a lot of blood it's possible they could be flushed out, but I really don't know. Hopefully the sperm got up there and were able to get to the eggy before the bleeding happened. My guess is that the bleeding would happen after ovulation (after the egg burst out), so the sperm probably jumped on the eggie and fertilized it in good time, before the bleeding happened.

I know I was trying to find if anyone knows if blood kills sperm too. Weird that there isn't more information on that. My temp didn't jump up this morning - I am hoping I can get a BD in today and that the eggy might still be hanging around but I'm slightly worried that maybe bleeding around Ov time means the egg isn't a good one (?) just a thought...not a theory I've researched....or maybe I'm just giving myself excuses if it doesn't work out this month :( My OPK didn't show a smiley this morning but there was still a second line there that was quite strong although not strong enough for the digi to pick it up as a +ve.

How is your AF? Is it flowing?

lxb - how you feeling? :)

xoxo - how you feeling? :)

Took me all day to seduce DH finally succeeded late in the afternoon! But I'm worried I might have been too late for the eggy :(

If you've Oed yesterday, you're still not too late at 1dpo :)

Fx!

I'm pretty sure I O'd yesterday or was done with O yesterday...DH hadn't set the alarm so I didn't temp until 7.45 so I got the circle thing - so not sure if I should trust the temp jump...but I guess even an adjusted temp is slightly higher than my temps before (98.3 would be the adjusted temp)

SO I guess that makes me unoffically in the TWW now, I mean I know there's no more BD happening in this fertile window - getting 2 in took A LOT of patience and coercion this month!

lxb how many DPO are you now? Are you getting any symptoms?

Zeri - are you done with AF now? Did your OPKs arrive?

xoxo - how is Olive? How are you feeling?

Its so weird as I am typing this I just remembered I had crazy preg dreams last night. I dreamt that I tested at 10dpo and got a BFP but for some reason in the dream I was super confused and didn't know what I was supposed to do next!!

Fire ~ Hurray for your DH dtd one more time and for being in the TWW! I don't think having blood on or around your cervix will impact anything. Blood isn't like CM, meaning I doubt it is acidic. :flow: Olive (though the size of a prune) will be a lime tomorrow! The fruit is representative of the size of the LO, so it changes every week.

I dreamt that I tested at 10dpo and got a BFP but for some reason in the dream I was super confused and didn't know what I was supposed to do next!!
I don't think any of us know what to do after we get a BFP! :haha: What a great dream though! FX it comes to fruition!

Lxb ~ Hope your mini cupcakes were a hit...or has that celebration not happened yet? Cheers to the TWW treating you well and getting to cancel your appointment with the RE because of a BFP! Is it just me or is time dragging by? :coffee:

Zeri ~ :gun: Has AF packed her bags? :gun:

AFM ~ I've just not been feeling well...it was coming and going, but now it is sticking around. I don't mind the queasy feeling, so long as it means things are still progressing! The hard part is my traditional go-to foods are no longer appealing to me :dohh:

Sending heaps of :dust: your way! Think Pink!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->