BD on day of positive OPK

:hugs: Ginger

Did I tell you guys that my DH is out of town? With my wacky AF's we are not sure if he'll be home this round. Luckily, with much coaxing, DH conceded and left a :spermy: deposit! While we prefer the natural method, we don't want to miss an opportunity. IF it looks like I'll O while he is away, I'll schedule an IUI. Fx that my "flow" holds off a few more days (still have brown spotting), so he'll be here. And a homecoming makes for a very nice excuse to BD often!

I look forward to becoming a bbt junkie...it'll pair nicely with my poas addiction! :haha:

Do any of you use vitex? I've heard it can help with egg quality? I need to read up on it.

:dust: THINK PINK! I feel the pink pouring through the screen!

xoxo - I can relate!! Sometimes DH has trouble 'finishing' during BD :blush: plus he travels a lot too - so (tmi) I had the idea that maybe he could finish in a cup or something and then I could just use it to inseminate with a soft cup or something if it was around my Ov time.:haha: :baby::baby:But I was worried about the swimmers dying when they contacted air? :nope:Do you know anything about that?
Are you planning on going to the clinic or just doing a home method if your DH has to be out of town?
I also don't want to miss an Ov time just because he's away or can't 'finish up' !!:blush:

Also I have used vitex - it lengthened my cycle to 28-29 days (from 26-27days) but I wasn't tracking Ov at the time so I don't know what it did to the two phases of the cycle. I have some Gaia herbs vitex in my pantry and I haven't used it again yet. But I decided if I take it again I want to take the capsules not the tincture - I think the alcohol in the tinctures makes my stomach weird. But I know that it can throw cycles out a bit so I'm kind of hesitant to start taking it again as it can take a month or so to normalize out and I just want to make sure Oct/Nov is the PINK STICKY month!!!!!

lxb, ginger and xoxo - I'm sending loads of pinky sticky vibes to you all.

Fire- DH left today for 2 weeks :( My RE knew he would be in and out this fall, so she gave us the cup in advance. Thursday morning he did what he had to and off I went! We were told to get the specimen to the clinic within 30 minutes...I felt like I was driving a getaway car! The best part is their office is only 10 minutes away, but I was driving like mad! :haha: We would like to conceive on our own, so IUI is backup. They used cryo technology for freezing his :spermy: One specimen made 3 vials for future use...we will start paying a storage fee monthly.

To answer your question, you have 30 minutes from the time he finishes to the time you self-inseminate (the sooner the better). They actually have home insemination kits online, but a softcup would work too! The catch is you need a fresh sample, so you still run into the DH is traveling conflict.

Vitex...I'm on the fence. I just want my cycle to straighten out and I'm sure the cure is time. Thank you for sharing your experience.

I too am in support of the pink sticky vibes! :dust:

xoxo LOL!! The getaway car driving the sperm to the clinic!!! That has to be a scene in a movie :)

I just went through DH's and my travel schedules and compared to my Ov dates and I think I might be okay until the end of the year! Only day is Thanksgiving where we are going to be staying in a small cabin with his parents which is bumming me out a bit because I don't know how any BDing is ever gonna happen with them hanging around in the next room :(

I'm on the fence with Vitex too. I like the effects I just don't want to screw up my cycle even tho adding a couple of days in the longer run to it would probably put it into a healthier range...

Pink sticky vibes!!!

:kiss::dust:

ginger - :hugs: :hugs: how are you doing today? physically okay i hope?

xoxo - :haha: i can just picturing you driving/flying through the traffic and drop off the sample with plenty of spare time!

fire - ergh to staying in small cabin with his parents~ time for some sneaky :ninja: bd! :haha:

Oo~ I can feel all the pink sticky vibe oozzing out my computer screen~~ :haha: :dance: I painted my nails PINK too! Think Pink! Here we come! :happydance:

how were your weekends? camping went well~ it was a ~5 hours drive each way~! good thing is that this campsite we went to had a fancy bathroom!! haha.. it's not one of those 'big hole' bathroom, it actually had porcelain toilet bowl with a flush! :haha: because of that, it makes AF not too bad for camping

Hello Pink~! :haha:

pink.JPG

lxb - love love love the nails!!!

Why is it whenever I'm NOT ovulating do we have great :sex: ?

It's so hard not to tell DH when I am Ov but this month I am not going to say a word and see if I get a better result to the other months. That way I just have to control my own anxiety not DH's as well!!!

So I looked up my lunar fertility and surprise surprise the ONLY time it correlates closely to my actual Ov date is Thanksgiving!! The only time when I don't know how we are ever going to BD with the parents in the other room :cry:

I started taking B6 four days ago - not sure if it does anything but one thing this cycle -I am 9DPO and I have no PMS symptoms whatsoever. I think I had a fallback rise in my temp post ov. but usually when AF is due in a week I'll have some kind of PMS, usually starting from 10 days before AF is due.

Now if this was a month where we'd BD'd on a fertile day I'd be all over it like it could be a BFP sign, but because we didn't :cry:, I am looking at this as a decrease in my PMS symptoms during a normal cycle, which I am happy about because I'm hoping that indicates that my hormones are normalizing. I feel like sore boobs and cramping on a normal cycle are not great...and could be bad for other conditions like hormone related breast cancer down the road...but of course breast feeding is also a really good prevention method too. Which I would love to do as well!!

Loads of pink sticky vibes going through the monitor to you all

:baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby:
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:
:winkwink::winkwink::hugs::hugs:

lxb - you done with AF now? Glad you weren't uncomfortable during the camping trip :)

Hi guys,

Lxb~ I am ok now, it was painful at the time, kind of surprised me as it was pretty early.
Where did you guys camp? Are you in the UK?
I love pink!

Xo~ that is cool you have a back up plan with your Re, I hate missing a month and it happens often due to travel. I realized the year after my lap wasn't really a year ttc, as we had missed the window so many times. Heh.
I have seen people have good and bad experiences with Vitex. It really depends on if you need it and what your issues are, if not compatable it can do more harm than good.

Fire~ good luck with the plan:thumbup:
I take a Bcomplex along with my prenatal, well I take them both but at different times of the day, as there are some B vits in the prenatal as well. What brand are you using? I have never taken just B6 but heard it is good for MS as well if you get pregnant and it helps women with short LPS extend them.
I think some breast soreness after O is normal for many people, as it can be from progesterone. I get more achy and sharp brief pains and not actually sore to the touch unless pregnant.
What is lunar fertility?

AFM~ have had a headache the past three days straight but seems gone now, yay:flower: not sure why, it was a low nagging headache but present constantly. I never remember that before but maybe my hormones were a bit wacky. Yesterday, it got worse and I was worried it would turn into a migraine as I had a small bout of nausea, I only had paracetamol, no migraine meds, took that and slept and it Lessened the headache, so do not think it was the beginning of a migraine. Feel better today. Am up early because I slept so much yesterday, had to cancel work as felt horrible and thought was heading into a migraine.:shrug:

I love this time of year and Halloween, trying to be outside as much as possible before the sidewalks are all snowy/icy and hard to walk on. :rain: Time for pumpkin soup - yumm!

Ginger - Sorry about the headache. That is so unpleasant. I've had migraines a couple of times in my life and I really didn't know what was going on. It was super unpleasant.

I definitely feel different this half of my cycle (much better) than before - so I am really wondering if it is the B6. Maybe I have been deficient the whole time :)

Thinking Pink to everyone!!!

fire - yep~ AF is spotting now. Off to BD! :haha: I'm thinking if I should add some design to my nails right now~ hehe... maybe~ possibly~ will see how I feel tonight when I get home! Planning to either make sushi for dinner or bake pasta! Glad to hear you feel better after taking b6! Wondering if I should take it. The only thing I'm taking right now is prenatal vitamin. Maybe I'll just stick to that.

ginger - so sorry to hear about the headache. those damn hormones could be so wacky sometimes. hope you'll feel even better soon! :hugs: No, i'm not in the UK. I'm in US~ We drove ~5 hours to a place call Big Lake! It is filled with lots of pine trees and aspen trees! Those yellow leaves from the aspen trees are just piercing through those dark color pine trees~! simply gorgeous!

lxb yaaaay!!! AF is gone :)

Sending you loads of pink to be matchy matchy with your nails.

Lunar fertility is this kind of (maybe stupid) astrological thing where it calculates when you are most fertile based on the moon apparently if your actual Ov correlates with this time then it is the best month to try. So yeah Thanksgiving is the time for me. I'm super bummed to be having to hang with the in-laws. They are kind of awful people to be honest. Super judgemental and just cold and kind of uptight. blah!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus DH is kind of uncomfortable around them and I always feel I have to be on my "best behavior". Hehehehe

Hmm... Going to look up lunar fertility! Argh, sucks that you guys will be hanging out with the in laws at that time. Can you two sneak out somewhere? Haha... Be adventurous! :haha:

Hi guys,

LXB~ yes, the lake does sound gorgeous:flower:

Fire~ heh that is a bummer, the way we are tied to toxic people. People should make us feel good to be around them not bring us down but for family obligations, senses of loyalty we stay.
I have a similar issue with my step mother. My mother died when I was an infant and my father remarried when I was two. She was always very impatient and in a bad mood with me because she did not like taking care of kids who weren't hers. My younger brothers and sister were raised so differently it was like another planet. Anyway, I still see her from time to time when I see them. Messes me up for days.

AFM ~ weird things going on. The headaches, which have since stopped. Breasts very achy on side, well one breast, near the armpit. Feels kind of like bruised or a pulled muscle. Sore when I move. My breasts do not get like this. I get sharp quick pains/ aches that come and go. So this is out of the ordinary. Woke up with it. Also a bit of slight nausea last night.
Oh and I bd the day if my pos OPK again and the day before. Too early to test though.

fire - i looked up my lunar fertility chart.. a bit bummed that its prediction don't really match up with my O actual O date~ I looked up my previous cycles and some looks like it is +/- 3 days within the predicted range though. Back in Nov 2011, it matched it exactly but BFN. April cycle is -2 days, and I got BFP! Doesn't look like it's going to align for me until May 2013?? :cry:

ginger - hmm... achy breast/armpit sounds promising. fx!

LXB~ well the soreness/bruised feeling is no longer there. Will see next week if it meant anything. I normally get pain like shooting pain or random aches in the middle area of my breasts during the tww. This lasted about half a day then stopped so :shrug:

About the moon, it think it does have some influence, I heard once that delivery rooms are busier during a full moon.

ginger - ahh... i'm feeling pretty discourage now. :( my lunar chart showed I'm fertile on Oct 7th! And I was ~12dpo? :dohh:

ginger - ahh... i'm feeling pretty discourage now. :( my lunar chart showed I'm fertile on Oct 7th! And I was ~12dpo? :dohh:

Nah, don't worry about that. CM/BBT/ and OPKS rule:) I think the moon can have some influence on your cycle but if you are 12 dpo then the chart is not working in terms of your schedule. Maybe if it falls on your fertile time then u are super fertile:)
I live in a city of 11/12 million people and hardly ever see the moon, let alone the stars. I miss that. I like the night sky.
Speaking of night it is night here now and I am trying to stay awake a bit longer, yawn. Too early for me to go to bed, gotta stay up another hour at least.
Are you on mountain time? Just wondered as you mentioned Aspens, and I thought of the Rockies.

Which reminds me, the sky just filled with stars when we went camping. Not a single cloud! I just want to lay on the floor and look at them all night! (but it was too cold to do that~ :haha:)

Yep, I'm on mountain time. Currently waiting for lunch time~ :shy:

Hi ladies!

Lxb, loving the nails. And your camping trip sounds amazing!

Ginger, fx for you and a sticky BFP! PS I've decided to NOT take Vitex. Too many mixed reviews on it. Thank you for your advise.

Fire, Lunar Cycles? Oh boy, now I'm curious!

I went for a much needed quick visit to my sister's. While there I didn't get to temp. :dohh: I hope missing 2 days during AF doesn't cause too much of a glitch! In the meantime, AF is here in full force. I'm going next Monday for cycle monitoring (possibly CD11)...I just have NO IDEA what my true cycle day 1 is. The joys of TTC!

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->