• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bellys to Bumps

Becca I think I've missed a post from you. Sorry you had a bad time at a scan! I'm size 16/18 210lbs and my midwife has not even weighed me, I think I'd loose my cool a little if a sonographer said anything about my weight. Some people are naturally rude!

I somehow managed to stay the same this morning

Having major trouble figuring out what to have for breakfast though :dohh:

Well done staying the same emmy :) Some weeks it is a really big acheivement just to maintain :)

Håkan's started making a raspberry smoothy for breakfast, it is really nice!

I am going to see a friend's week old baby today, it isn't as hard now I have Elvin but I do still feel a pang of I wish it was easy to get pregnant when I hold tiny babies.

:cloud9: tiny baby cuddles are amazing, I remember holding my cousin's youngest little girl just over a year ago and being so amazed at how small she was

Ooohhh smoothie sounds yum, we've got the hairy dieters books and in one of them is a smoothie recipe which I'm very tempted to start making :D

Talking about the hairy dieters, I'm going to attempt their sweet and sour chicken recipe tonight. It's only 288 calories a portion (without rice) and then I'm going to have some stir fried veggies on the side I think :D

I'm having a real cba day. I just can't decide what I fancy! Had a plumb and a few grapes for breakfast (it was quite a lot of grapes until the little dustbin I live with are all his grapes and stole most of mine lol) I'm hungry now but I just don't know what I want to eat. I'm gonna have a brew and think on it some more. I just want to blink and have food in frog of me lol

:rofl: Pix I know what you mean, I was like that this morning :dohh: And I have to share mine with the dog if it's banana or apple as he absolutely loves them :haha:

Ahhh lovie. I get sad about the fact we will never be able to have another. We have no frozen embryos and I would be risking my life if I did another fresh cycle due to OHSS. Sounds crazy but I'm already broody for another. We won't be using anything straight after this one but it'll be a miracle I of I get pregnant and it's not ectopic.

I still feel pretty bitter when people find it easy to get pregnant too. I try really hard not to but I just can't help it. I even got broody with a newborn the other day - and I HATED the newborn stage. Give me a toddler any day. I think I'll still feel cheated when I'm 80. It's just a part of who I am at this point

Newborn cuddles were lovely, she is tiny!! well actually i think she is pretty average but she seemed so small especially as elvin came out like a 3 month old.

I had forgotten how little babies can actually do, I know that sounds daft but they really do just sleep/poo and feed. I think I like every stange more than the last, I love it that I can chat with elvin now and he reacts.

One thing is for sure, I am glad I didn't get pregnant soon after birth, I don't know how people cope with a newborn and a 1 year old, my friend popped down to the laundry room and left me with both babies, I couldn't physically pick elvin up whilst holding the tiny baby so I had to follow him around and stand infront of the things he was trying to be dangerous with. I think for us 2 years would be a perfect age gap.

I weigh myself every day:blush: and miraculously my scales are showing that I have lost 0.5 kg since yesterday, this can't be right as I used 20 weekly points last night:wacko: I think my scales might be running low on batery!

you never know Lovie, it could be right (even though you're not expecting it to be)

omg I'm in heaven, I've just made sweet and sour chicken for only 288 calories, it's absolutely delicious

https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/emmyreece/20140117_181816_zps1b5fcc4a.jpg

Long time no see, congrats on the little girl on the way.

Afm I don't seem to be getting into the swing of anything as of yet.
I'm exercising every other day, the whole house in on the paleo diet (well our own modified version of it)
I weigh in on Mondays, so far it's been a small loss each week. Oh and I'm drinking a lot of green tea, my skin feel so amazing.

Ooo that looks lush Emmy i will have to get the hairy dieters book. Would you say it would be easy to adapt it to the slimmingworld way?

Well done on the small loses Pink. They all add up in the end :)
I have started drinking green tea too and im surprised at how much i love it. I havent noticed any changes yet but my diet this week has been a bit up and down with it being the boys birthday xx

Lisa, some of it is really adaptable, though there are some recipes that might not work out so well. The recipe last night used the juice of tinned pineapple and had it sliced up and cooked in as well, plus cornflour and ketchup in the sauce. What I'd suggest is having a mooch in a bookshop and see how easy you'd be able to adapt the recipes :)

I hope the boys had a lovely first birthday :cloud9:

:grr: so frustrated it's unbelievable

I'm trying so hard with calorie counting, but it's really getting me down :dohh: I've had a couple of off days where I've gone over my allotted calories and I seem to have put 2lb on overnight :wacko:

I'm so confused and so tempted to switch back to slimming world where I didn't have to think about how many calories etc. But my problem with that then is the fact that I have trouble fitting in my superfree foods and sometimes a hexb and hexa :dohh:

I just want to get the weight shifting and feel like I'm wasting time with all of this faffing around :nope:

Is today your wi day or are you weighing in extra? Everyone's weight fluctuates from one day to the next Hun :hugs:

I always have my heA, sometimes I don't have my heB and although I try sometimes I don't have all my superfree either. I just keep thinking even if I'm not getting the full amount of fruit and veg in at least what I have eaten is still super low in fat. It's when I'm adding stuff in that I shouldn't that I start to worry :dohh:

This is an extra weigh in day, but the thing is I've been having to cook separate meals last time I was on slimming world and this time while I've been doing calorie counting. So by the time I'd done Chris' food and then got round to sorting my own I just didn't fancy putting the effort in.

I made Chris read the slimming world hand book earlier today and he's said that he'll try it with me, though he won't have as much superfree as me as he won't eat a lot of veg. But, the fact that I won't have to cook extra meals on the nights that he's at home has made me feel much better, so it's definitely got to be worth a try again :)

Don't worry about the extra weight this week emmy, it will more than likely have disapeared by tomorrow, scales are a funny thing! I think it is much easier if you don't have to make 2 meals, it would be great if chris joined in the dieting with you.

Håkan is also doing weight watchers, he eats more points than me and he is still loosing weight quicker than me, so unfair!!

Your sweet and sour dinner looks lovely :)

The way Chris put it is that he remembers me mentioning to him that slimming world is suitable when pregnant and that maybe it would be worth investing the time now to get used to it, rather than wanting to switch meal plans when I do eventually get pregnant.

I like with slimming world that other than bread/milk/cheese there really isn't any need to weigh things. For example I can just go to the fridge and grab a yoghurt and stir in some frozen fruit, rather than having to meticulously weigh it so I have the correct calories.

So I think monday will be my first day back on slimming world 100% and I'm going to go back to monday weigh ins. I'm determined to get as much of it gone as possible before we go back to turkey :)

Slimming world sounds really great :) Especially as you say you could continue when your pregnant :)

I tried calorie counting and I got so fed up with weighing everything, weight watchers gives you some free foods so it's good to fill up on salad or fruit :)

Emmy thats so great that Chris is going to try with you too :) If i had to make two seperate meals i would just give up completely because not only is it time consuming but it would be so difficult to sit and watch David eating something i would love. Although saying that, i love the slimming world meals i make and David loves them too.

Like others have said tho your weight fluctuates so much from day to day and even throughout the day. Im guessing the scales showing 2lb wasnt really a true reflection of your week.

There is enough SW ladies here to support you if you need it

I have ha an awful day again! It has been the boys party today so i have succumbed to the temptation of party food. I am off to the gym tomorrow so hopeful i can work a bit of it off.

Little exercise question for you.... Do any of you ladies go running? Last week i went to the gym and managed 30 mins straight running on the treadmill which is something i have never been able to do. This led me to get all cocky and think i would start going running. I went out on Thursday night and turned back after about 3 mins thinking i was actually going to die! It was horrible! Lol I dont know whether it was the cold air which made it harder to breath or just how amazingly unfit i am. Has anyone else found that they can run in the gym but not outside? I dont know whether to maybe stick at it and hope it gets easier or just stick to the gym xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->