Birthing Ball Question?

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
Whe are you actually supposed to start using them? Do they recommend after so many weeks or is it just a case of whatever/whenever?

I think form about 30/32 weeks onwards is fine. It just helps to open up the pelvis and allows LO to drop down. It' also good to stop them being back to back. Starting with gentle sitting and rocking for the 1st wek won't do any harm if your worried.
I love mine - it's a godend once you get bigger!
You can also just use it as your seat - it's great for your day to day posture!

oh I was thinkiing of getting one of these but my mates said they where a waste of money (they never used them by the way) I may give it a go they are cheap enough in argos .

oh I was thinkiing of getting one of these but my mates said they where a waste of money (they never used them by the way) I may give it a go they are cheap enough in argos .
Go for it hun. They're really good - especially when you get too big to be comfortable just sitting on the sofa. A godsend!

I loved mine too! I started as soon as I knew she was back to back and I used one in labour as well for hours. Ace. :winkwink:

I loved it too! :D

I started using it at around 34-35 weeks.Great fun too! :lol:
I also used it during labour...

Go for it hun. They're really good - especially when you get too big to be comfortable just sitting on the sofa. A godsend!
A giant bean bag sounds appealing to me right now and I cant afford one. ball is like £5 I think. I shall get one when I am in argos getting baby things soon. Also can be used after which is a bounus if my dogs dont think its a giant foot ball and i seen what they did to the kid next doors football when it landed in my garden.

I was going to say you can pick one up for about a fiver!!

I mainly wanted to start using one this early to help me with my posture, my front has so much weight on it now with bump and boobs its starting to give me bad posture and killing my back

yeh im gettin one of these aswell, from argos, think i will start as soon as i get it tbh, no matter how far gone i am, i cant imagine it would do anything bad?

xxx

yep it will def help your back hon, better than the sofa, there is no set time to start i have been using mine at yoga from about 19 weeks, she swears they are fab for back etc but also for OFP - Optimal Fetal Position, she bangs on and on about it!!!

we do lots of different moves on it and its good for doing pelvic floor on too xx

you can try leaning on it too, kneel on floor and lean forward on the ball, its great for baby and your back, tho it can squash yer knockers!!:rofl: enjoy!!!

I nearly picked one up in Tesco the other day, but changed my mind. :dohh: I want one, but I'd feel stupid bouncing on a ball in the living room. Cause there's always my mum, dad, n sisters in that room. It's never empty, lol. I might just get one though and sod the family laughing at me. :lol:

Not really.I've got a bunkbed, a single bed and 4 wardrobes in my room! :rofl: Hardly any walking space. :eek: I'm just gonna get one and bounce in the living room. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->