blood on hpt = positive? Hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
LittleBug! I asked an OB at work what the deal could be with your situation. She said that the only thing she could think of (besides pregnancy) is that there may have been a small amount of retained placenta that is still secreting a tiny bit of hcg. Weird though, considering it's been 5 months! you would probably be having symptoms of infection.

you're not crazy :p

Hay ladies

just thought id update.....yesterday my urine and blood tests both showed def negatives and af showed this morning so def not pg confirmation again that not all blood shows positive - will continue to stalk with eager anticipation!! Gl all

Hay ladies

just thought id update.....yesterday my urine and blood tests both showed def negatives and af showed this morning so def not pg confirmation again that not all blood shows positive - will continue to stalk with eager anticipation!! Gl all

thanks for the update! AF has stayed away for 2 days now...hoping the BOAS was right!

I see the lines littlebug...faint but I didn't have to squint to see them. FX'd for you!!! FX'd for all of you ladies :dust:

If I wasn't so scared to nick myself I would! But I'm only 7dpo, so I would think it would be too early.

pricking your finger with a pin doesnt hurt if you do it fast and in the right place..side of your ring or middle finger...and you dont need tons of blood..I only had like maybe 2 medium drops and then rinsed that finger with saline into the clean medicine cup and then used the dropper to pick it up and put on test

Thanks for the tip MrsJones. I took one of my ic OPKs. I don't think it worked very well though. I barely got a control line nevermind anything else. I can see a very faint positive line but not as dark as my urine opk from earlier today

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 61
LittleBug! I asked an OB at work what the deal could be with your situation. She said that the only thing she could think of (besides pregnancy) is that there may have been a small amount of retained placenta that is still secreting a tiny bit of hcg. Weird though, considering it's been 5 months! you would probably be having symptoms of infection.

you're not crazy :p

Hi OrthoChick, thanks for speaking to your OB :thumbup: The Dr said i have an infection so gave me antibiotics but she just assumed it was a wee infection. :shrug: I haven't started them yet because i didn't believe her but i am feeling worse as the days go by and if i didn't know any better i would think i really was pregnant :blush:

Last night i SOAS (spit on a stick) and it was a very faint positive :haha: today i POAS and my 'shadow line' is even more visible today :wacko:

Fingers crossed AF stays away for you :flower: i think i am a lost cause but i have a feeling you will be getting your BFP soon :thumbup: x

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 117
  • edited 05.jpg
    edited 05.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 108
I'm pregnant now should I out some blood on an hpt to confirm this theory...? I have a frer left lol this has me curious!

how can you even see the lines? doesnt the blood make in so you cant see? When i was watching untold stories the girl was 16 and was in for stomach pains. the dr suspected a tubal but the girl said she wasnt active and she couldnt pee cause i guess your body when its in stress stops blood flow to places and thats one of the first places. So he took the blood and they couldnt see the results then they put it in a centrifuge and used the plasma and thats how they confirmed the pregnancy.

how can you even see the lines? doesnt the blood make in so you cant see? When i was watching untold stories the girl was 16 and was in for stomach pains. the dr suspected a tubal but the girl said she wasnt active and she couldnt pee cause i guess your body when its in stress stops blood flow to places and thats one of the first places. So he took the blood and they couldnt see the results then they put it in a centrifuge and used the plasma and thats how they confirmed the pregnancy.

When I did mine, I used a lancet to get a drop of blood and sucked it up into the plastic dropper that came with my test and also sucked up a little bit of water with it so that it was more pink than deep red. I didn't have any trouble seeing it, I posted a pic of my blood so you can see what it looks like. But like I said, I added a bit of water to mine.

I'm pregnant now should I out some blood on an hpt to confirm this theory...? I have a frer left lol this has me curious!

oh that would be awesome to see with an FRER instead of a cheapie!

Hey girls! I just found this https://academiclifeinem.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/trick-of-trade-urine-pregnancy-test.html
Apparently blood can be used on urine hpts AND it works :D

LittleBug:
well, it'll be interesting to see how you feel after the course of antibiotics. if you are still miserable, you can go back to your doctor with one hand on your hip and a positive preggo test in the other, lol!

As for me, I am kinda worried...3 days late now, but my line is getting fainter :( may be on my way to a chemical. Keep us posted, lovey!

LittleBug:
well, it'll be interesting to see how you feel after the course of antibiotics. if you are still miserable, you can go back to your doctor with one hand on your hip and a positive preggo test in the other, lol!

As for me, I am kinda worried...3 days late now, but my line is getting fainter :( may be on my way to a chemical. Keep us posted, lovey!

Awww, fingers crossed for you it's not a chemical! Did your urine tests turn positive as well, or are you talking about the blood tests?

LittleBug:

Awww, fingers crossed for you it's not a chemical! Did your urine tests turn positive as well, or are you talking about the blood tests?

blood tests. can't wait for the whole blood test to arrive to make sure I'm not nuts :(

OrthoChick are you sure you didn't add the same amounts of blood and saline? maybe the slightest difference could change the result?? Just a thought. I will keep my FX for you!!

I really want to BOAS now, too much of a chicken to stab myself with any of the items I have in the house right now. Sometimes being in the health profession means you know too much haha. I have no lancets in the house, and I highly doubt I can get my hands on any tonight. Ohh the desperation. I need to POAS or BOAS.

OrthoChick are you sure you didn't add the same amounts of blood and saline? maybe the slightest difference could change the result?? Just a thought. I will keep my FX for you!!

ugh...decreasing hcg confirmed...AF showed late, but showed today. boo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back