blood on hpt = positive? Hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
OrthoChick are you sure you didn't add the same amounts of blood and saline? maybe the slightest difference could change the result?? Just a thought. I will keep my FX for you!!

ugh...decreasing hcg confirmed...AF showed late, but showed today. boo.

How dare she arrive and crash our BOAS party! :hugs:
Next month you can BOAS all over again and test out your nifty new Blood HPT''s :flower:

Im having a glass of wine tonight. I did a FRER after my multiple faint tests and i can't see anything at all ... not even an evap to obsess over. I took a picture at the 3/5 minute mark so i will play about with it tomorrow and post ... not hopeful though :nope: x

i REALLY REALLY WANT TO DO THE BLOOD TRICK. !!!how could I get some, ladies, suggest..?? I'm too squeamish for needle pricking..ugghh..it would be fine if it was quick...if only I'd kept a few from time as student midwife....maybe I could fashion one with...a pin and some elastic bands?maybe a paperclip or two? Sorry orthochick, that's shite, and disappointing :-(

how can you even see the lines? doesnt the blood make in so you cant see? When i was watching untold stories the girl was 16 and was in for stomach pains. the dr suspected a tubal but the girl said she wasnt active and she couldnt pee cause i guess your body when its in stress stops blood flow to places and thats one of the first places. So he took the blood and they couldnt see the results then they put it in a centrifuge and used the plasma and thats how they confirmed the pregnancy.

When I did mine, I used a lancet to get a drop of blood and sucked it up into the plastic dropper that came with my test and also sucked up a little bit of water with it so that it was more pink than deep red. I didn't have any trouble seeing it, I posted a pic of my blood so you can see what it looks like. But like I said, I added a bit of water to mine.

...... and i spat on mine :blush: x

i REALLY REALLY WANT TO DO THE BLOOD TRICK. !!!how could I get some, ladies, suggest..?? I'm too squeamish for needle pricking..ugghh..it would be fine if it was quick...if only I'd kept a few from time as student midwife....maybe I could fashion one with...a pin and some elastic bands?maybe a paperclip or two? Sorry orthochick, that's shite, and disappointing :-(

:haha: paperclip isnt sharp enough .. it would feel like you had been knifed! :haha: A pin is a good idea, perhaps flossing your teeth (mine often bleed a bit) or if you have any scabs that you can theraputically pick off :blush:

Let the bloodletting begin :happydance:

scabs! a great idea...scabs....hmmm..usually I have loads of those. I was more thinking I would use the paperclips and bands to make a sort of pull-back and ping machine with the needle, I havn't worked out the,um..specifics yet.

how can you even see the lines? doesnt the blood make in so you cant see? When i was watching untold stories the girl was 16 and was in for stomach pains. the dr suspected a tubal but the girl said she wasnt active and she couldnt pee cause i guess your body when its in stress stops blood flow to places and thats one of the first places. So he took the blood and they couldnt see the results then they put it in a centrifuge and used the plasma and thats how they confirmed the pregnancy.

When I did mine, I used a lancet to get a drop of blood and sucked it up into the plastic dropper that came with my test and also sucked up a little bit of water with it so that it was more pink than deep red. I didn't have any trouble seeing it, I posted a pic of my blood so you can see what it looks like. But like I said, I added a bit of water to mine.

I think if I could muster up the courage then I would prolly use pee...:blush:

I think if I could muster up the courage then I would prolly use pee...:blush:

:haha: that would be the most logical thing to use ... and i didnt even consider it :haha::dohh: what a plank! (me not you) hehehe

OrthoChick are you sure you didn't add the same amounts of blood and saline? maybe the slightest difference could change the result?? Just a thought. I will keep my FX for you!!

ugh...decreasing hcg confirmed...AF showed late, but showed today. boo.

Aww so sorry :flower: that's the bad thing about being a POAS/BOAS aholic...we find out too early then it ends as a chemical. I've been there too it sucks.

I know I am only 7 DPO I am not sure if I am even far enough to get a Pos. But here is my flossing my teeth BOAS test...... the first one I thought maybe there was too much spit, so the next one I opened and touched to my gums

IMG_1132.jpg

:haha: paperclip isnt sharp enough .. it would feel like you had been knifed! :haha: A pin is a good idea, perhaps flossing your teeth (mine often bleed a bit) or if you have any scabs that you can theraputically pick off :blush:

Let the bloodletting begin :happydance:

:rofl:

I know I am only 7 DPO I am not sure if I am even far enough to get a Pos. But here is my flossing my teeth BOAS test...... the first one I thought maybe there was too much spit, so the next one I opened and touched to my gums

View attachment 543561

OMG how much did you bleed?????

Well lets say that I am a bleeder.... even those that take my blood say so (thin blood).... plus I wasn't so nice on my gums....:blush:

Well you are still so early so I would wait a few days....maybe go get some lancets so you don't have to torture yourself lol

Ok so I swear I already posted my results....I hope I didn't put it in the wrong thread...they'll think I'm nuts without the rest of you behind me :rofl:
Anyway, it didn't work on my opk, I think maybe I didn't water it down enough? It barely made a control line. On the plus side, I'm pretty sure my urine opk was darker then yesterday's and no sign of :witch:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 20
Ok so I swear I already posted my results....I hope I didn't put it in the wrong thread...they'll think I'm nuts without the rest of you behind me :rofl:
Anyway, it didn't work on my opk, I think maybe I didn't water it down enough? It barely made a control line. On the plus side, I'm pretty sure my urine opk was darker then yesterday's and no sign of :witch:

Hi babyrogers,

It needs to move accross the whole test. perhaps go back and dip the test in wee wee? It should sill should work.

Next time put your blood onto the side of the test so it soaks up and add a little wee, spit or urine to help it along a little. Or you could put a few drips of blood into a container and add a bit of wee wee :blush:

Hopefully it will hit the test line and we can see if you are a positive BOAS :happydance:

I think im going to do mine again ... just because i can :haha: x

Good luck :hugs:

View attachment 543561

OMG how much did you bleed?????

Well lets say that I am a bleeder.... even those that take my blood say so (thin blood).... plus I wasn't so nice on my gums....:blush:

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha: ... you need to brush with a special toothpaste tonight to make your gums feel special ... and thank them for their pain so you could BOAS :thumbup:

I just hope that this doesn't mean I am out :( ... Now I am wishing I didn't do it... but I couldn't help myself :blush: I am going to take the thrush/yeast like an implantation, that is if I don't get it on another day.... like getting a cold during implantation. Try to stay hopeful!!

https://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u52/snibbug69/BOAS4thjan_zpsfc6658a5.jpg

https://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u52/snibbug69/BOASlighter_zpsb4fc073f.jpg

So I thought I would give it a go...I tested twice, the one that has gone whiter is the one I bled on and used wee to process the test good....The darker one is pure blood. BFN on both though. :blush:

I just hope that this doesn't mean I am out :( ... Now I am wishing I didn't do it... but I couldn't help myself :blush: I am going to take the thrush/yeast like an implantation, that is if I don't get it on another day.... like getting a cold during implantation. Try to stay hopeful!!

I have just come down with a cold ... its been coming on slowly for the past few days but hit big time this morning :cry:

Come to think of it i had a cold when i got my first BFP with DS2 .... i remember joking with my mum saying how a cold could be a sign :wacko:

Surely it can't be .... 26 days after the deed ... . nah i don't think its possible :nope:

FX for you though :thumbup: how many dpo are you again? :hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe