blood on hpt = positive? Hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would use spit over tap water.. the water might have chemicals in it...

I managed to do it! Finally, the boredom of writing an essay helped me, even pricking your finger a few times is better than essay writing. Weird things happened to it, firstly, the blood obviously moved up slowly, but there was enough whole blood to use without diluting. At the same time that the control line came up, the test line also came up, so there was a fairly obvious 2 lines. but the test line disappeared basically entirely within...3-4 minutes. Then it was just bfn...so I thought damn this, what a waste...and added a few pee drops to it, which moved the dye again and has made it look like a normal test. Still bfn though!! but, too early to be testing anyway. Only 6 dpo at most, so actually, would have been better waiting to do this trick in a few days time!

I managed to do it! Finally, the boredom of writing an essay helped me, even pricking your finger a few times is better than essay writing. Weird things happened to it, firstly, the blood obviously moved up slowly, but there was enough whole blood to use without diluting. At the same time that the control line came up, the test line also came up, so there was a fairly obvious 2 lines. but the test line disappeared basically entirely within...3-4 minutes. Then it was just bfn...so I thought damn this, what a waste...and added a few pee drops to it, which moved the dye again and has made it look like a normal test. Still bfn though!! but, too early to be testing anyway. Only 6 dpo at most, so actually, would have been better waiting to do this trick in a few days time!

I too tested too early.... wish I hadn't though. I think if we are wanting to test still need to wait until 9DPO to BOAS. Unless we have an IB then we really don't know even if we have yet and it wont show a pos unless we have. So the point is moot until then. I plan on just waiting it out to test again.... though I am sure I am only going to POAS this time.... my poor poor gums LOL

I wish I hadn't too. It's such a downer for the evening or the day, isn't it, especially after the little adrenaline rush you get taking the test knowing something may show up...I am going to try to NOT sandwich the test inbetween OPKs with lines in a bid to make it also look like it has a line...

For what it's worth, AF showed up for me right on time this AM. I was getting a positive on the walmart 88c test, but never a positive with urine. I haven't tested since AF arriving though so maybe it would be negative now. *shrugs*

I think, in general, i'm not going to put too much faith in blood on tests! Even that one article about using blood being 95% accurate doesn't seem to be backed up by any actual evidence- perhaps that person's personal experience?! anyway I am thinking that although I was going to try and wait it out not poas and waiting for af, I am just going to allow one IC a day...I think I'd rather have a little disappointment each day, but ultimately if af comes think 'well I was sort of expecting that by now' rather than wait, invent symptoms and convince myself I am, then af appear and not feel 'ready' for it!especially as i'm not even convinced I did ovulate now,reading other's comments on pos OPKs, so feel downhearted about that, and am not even sure when i'd be expecting af, so testing until pregnancy is an impossibility seems easier!

Dexter Morgan would be making a mess in his undies right now with all this blood :haha:
you ladies are crazy! but in a nice crazy way!
I really hope there is a boom of BFP's in here because you lot deserve it! x

Dexter Morgan would be making a mess in his undies right now with all this blood :haha:
you ladies are crazy! but in a nice crazy way!
I really hope there is a boom of BFP's in here because you lot deserve it! x

:rofl:

I just ordered 100 tests off Ebay. By the time they come I'll only be 6 or 7 dpo, but I will have enough to start testing early!!!

Thanks for the replies girls.:hugs:
I woke up this morning and took another IC ... a shadow line appeared but it had no definition so i guess it would be classed as a negative/evap. You can make out a line if you put a torch behind it but i dont think that counts as a bfp :blush:

Anyways .... i told my husband about my experiment and managed to twist his arm into taking part. :haha: His IC was comletely negative with no second line at all, not even a shadow. Now he best not laugh as me again for line spotting ... he has a torch behind his, he was tilting it and even took a pic and inverted! he said WHAT IF IM PREGNANT :shrug: ... i swear i have 3 children. One 2 yrs, one 5 months and another who im married to who is 34!!!! :coffee:

I'm still none the wiser ... i must have 'something' in my blood to register a line right? I still have pains so i will wait and see i suppose.

Thanks again for your replies. If any volunteers want to take part in my experiment let me know the results :thumbup: :blush: oh the things we (I) do xxxx

Oh this had me laughing!! My love refused as much as he could!!

kel3639 I can't help but notice under your it says early BFP.... was that on a HTP or blood work?

Actually both. I saw the faintest of lines.. More like an indent.. Which I've never had before. The next day It was a tiny bit faint.. And then the day after that, I went to ER for dehydration and my pee was neg but my blood was pos and hcg level at 12.5

I tested with FRER. I must've been no more than 7-10 dpo at that point. So frer must've picked up on less than 7 ml/ whatever they call the sensitivity.

Actually both. I saw the faintest of lines.. More like an indent.. Which I've never had before. The next day It was a tiny bit faint.. And then the day after that, I went to ER for dehydration and my pee was neg but my blood was pos and hcg level at 12.5

I tested with FRER. I must've been no more than 7-10 dpo at that point. So frer must've picked up on less than 7 ml/ whatever they call the sensitivity.

awesome!! thinking sticky for you!!

Bahaha love this thread!

Btw MrsJerome. Congrats on your twinkles :) mine are 13 months apart from their sister. Fun times! Haha

GL to everyone xx

awesome!! thinking sticky for you!!

Thank you!!

Congrats Kel!!! so ladies, there might be some truth to the breastmilk theory after all....yesterday,nothing on frer, nothing on ICs,except the pretty obvious lines with breastmilk....today, faint but unmistakeable bfp on frer (with urine I mean!) :happydance:

annndd... I 've just announced this to you guys before my OH or family...:haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back