• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

blood on hpt = positive? Hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! This is an interesting thread! I experimented BOAS yesterday and today. I got a clear positive right away, within 2 mins. But had neg poas. This is what I had 8 dpo. https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/res/img/user_files_hpt_gallery/resized/ctp-92030-1370370974.jpg?s=medium

9 dpo (today) boas showed up within 2 mins aswell.

Attachments

• IMG_1436.jpg
    IMG_1436.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 28
I hope there is something there, I'll be posting a POAS tomorrow. If it's neg I might wait a bit longer. I'll just drive myself crazy! :S :happydance:

I just joined, so sorry for just jumping in, Lol. Anyway, I read a few pages of this thread (definitely not all lol) and I don't know if it has been mentioned, but with the BOAS I think though it may work, I wouldn't put too much stock in an early negative. Reason being, the test is still only as sensitive as it is with urine. I mean, if the test detects 25miu for urine, you would still have to have 25miu in blood for it to show positive. From what I've seen on betabase, at 10dpo most will have less than 25. So BOAS may detect a little sooner than POAS, but I wouldn't think it would be by that much.......
And on that note, I am 7/8dpo today and tried the BOAS, Haha. Maybe had the faintest line, but almost positive I'm imagining it, Lol. I will be trying again tomorrow or Friday.

That is actually incorrect...the urine/serum tests i had stated 25 miu for urine and 10 miu for serum. Also, it does take about 3 days longer to detects in urine than it does in blood. Anyway, i also dont put any stock in boas since ive had boas positives for 3 cycles now, even at 1 dpo. Since women can have up to 5 miu in their blood while not pregnant, i believe the positives i get are due to having normal higher levels of hcg at all times.

Just my update: very very faint line with fmu this morning. Its posted in my journal if u wanna check it out. Another positive boas today. Same darkness as the last 2 weeks. Temp still rising and af due tomorrow. Fx'd she doesnt show!

I guess it depends on the test. I was going by regular ICs and tests like accutest and others that I've seen..
And what I meant was, it doesn't necessarily mean you'll get a positive much sooner than say 10dpo ( I notice a lot of people worry about bfns then and on earlier dpos), because most won't even have enough in their blood to make it positive. I know TTC is stressful by itself and I just wanted people who find this thread and decide to try it not to cause themselves any more worry.

I'm not sure that there is much truth to the boas method because I'm still getting clear BFN's with the poas method but I could be wrong. I'm only 10 dpo today with a BFN poas, my cycles are irregular ranging from 31-38 days. Yesterday was day 31 and I had strong symptoms. Hoping for a BFP though. I wanna do another boas when I'm about 14 dpo if AF hasn't arrived. Anyways this is what I got today with urine. :bfn:

Attachments

• IMG_1443.jpg
    IMG_1443.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 19
celueste...10 DPO is still fairly early to see anything...fx'ed...

I think also some tests are more prone to false positives or are more sensitive and are detecting the small amounts of HCG normally present in blood.

I think so too Dr - Because some of my POAS I have been light as you can see in prev posts on this thread as well as BOAS - I think FRER also have been found to be detected at 6 mliu and 5 < is considered negative...

The dollar store tests claim to be sensitive to 25 mIU/ml.. These are my tests from today, I'm 11 dpo. There is still nothing on the urine test though.. hmm.. :wacko:

Attachments

• IMG_1462.jpg
    IMG_1462.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 28
I think both test are positive celueste..
I'm in my TWW! 2dpo and ALREADY wanting to test

Jumping and stalking this thread cos it's intriguing, just wanted to say Celueste I see pink on your poas, GL!

My boas and poas. Im 6 weeks the poas is the brighter one xx

Attachments

• 20130610_222317.jpg
    20130610_222317.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 20130610_222745.jpg
    20130610_222745.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 13
Ohh this is such an interesting thread? Sooo, were would I buy the lancing things? I really want to try this after O day. X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"