BLW recipes and family meals -- please post yours!

TigerLady

CaveTiger Clan Mama
Reaction score
I know that GR is trying to come out with a BLW cookbook, but I highly doubt it will be published in time to help me! haha! So, I thought we could help each other out here. Hopefully this will give all of us some new ideas!

We aren't going to be sharing full on family meals for a while yet, but I want to start getting ready now. Building up a list of yummy, healthy meals will help loads!

I'm looking for recipes that fit the BLW guide -- low salt, healthy, tastey, but not overwhelming for baby's palate, etc. The more recipes I can offer, the better eater LO will be!

So, please post anything you make in your BLW adventures. Even if it is just how you prepare veggies in the early days -- all the way up to complex family dinners that LO shares with you. All meals and snack ideas welcome!

Thank you!!! :thumbup:

great idea - will be back soon to post mine - have bug on my knee :D

Great idea TL, I'll be back with some later! :thumbup:

I made some edible (not like last time!) houmous today, Freya likes to dip breadsticks, carrots, cucumber and tomato in. I just made it up, I'm sure there are better recipes out there!

1 tin of chickpeas
1 clove of garlic
sprinkle of chilli powder
2 tomatoes
tiny bit of black pepper
splash of olive oil

Blend all ingredients together, makes enough to last about 5 days for us.

I will be back with some proper recipes!

ok so we have Broccoli and Cauliflower cheese -

make a basic cheese sauce(or buy a low fat one!)
par boil Broc and Cauli
drain and pop into a ovenproof dish and sprinkle a little more cheese on top if you want(the more cheese the better in my eyes:blush:)
cook till cheese is golden on top

Pitta Pizza -

slice pitta's so you have a pocket and stuff with whatever you want ( i plan on making a tomatoey veggie puree so its got some good stuff in! )
grill or put in a toasing machine (George Foreman etc)

done!!

i would serve this with Roast Sweet Potato wedges :) ( so kinda like pizza n chips! )

OO, the cheesey broc and cauli sounds yummy! The more cheese the better for me, too! :thumbup:

Another variation on Pitta Pizzas:

Spread tomato puree on a pitta bread, sprinkle with cheese, then a bit of oregano on top. Put in oven for about 10 mins.

We actually used to have these as part of school dinners, lol, and since I remembered I've been making them loads!

We tend to just have roast vegetables a lot for dinner, Freya will eat anything that way.

Ooh shall be watchin this!

Whirligigs:

Roll out puff pastry, spread with marmite mixed with a bit of water and sprinkle with cheese. Roll up into a sausage, and cut into circles. Put in the oven for about 15 mins.

We used to have these as a treat when I was little, I won't be making them for Freya for a while as we are avoiding wheat/gluten for another few months, but they are lovely! Bit addictive too :lol:

Tonight we had home-made Chilli Con Carne wraps, for Halen we just added a bit of natural yogurt to calm down the spice and wripped up a tortilla wrap into fingers

Recipe -

mince
chilli con carne mix (lazy I know)
can of chopped tomatoes
onions
tortillas
Natural yogurt

Cook the onions, add the mince, then the tomatoes and chilli sauce mix, leave to cook for 20mins, wrap tortillas in foil and pop in oven on Gas mark 6 for 10minutes, rip up tortilla into 2inch strips and add natural yogurt to LO's portion.

Halen LOVED it tonight and it was his first dinner :D he got in a right old mess sucking it off his hands lol

Great idea :) Will be watching this for ideas to.

We did roasted sweet potato wedges today - Yum

puffy Pizza! -

puff pastry sheet(we use shop boughtLOL)
score a 'crust' about 1/2 inch all around
spread with reduced salt tommy puree
add any toppings - we use pepper cheese and herbs
pop in oven for about 5-10 mins

its so so delish but quite difficult for LO to eat early on so wil suit more advanced BLWers:)

Thanks, Ladies! Great so far -- keep 'em coming! :thumbup:

Yank questions here - :blush:

What is marmite and is there an American equivelent?

And what do you consider mince?

I need some translation. :haha:

Lol TL!

https://www.marmite.com/

We are veggie, so use quorn mince, but those who don't would use minced beef I guess?

https://keetsa.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/quorn-mince.jpg

https://www.edwardsofconwy.co.uk/images/products/lamb mince.jpg

Ohh!!

Mince = ground beef in America :mrgreen:

Still don't know what that Marmite is! :rofl:

Ohh!!

Mince = ground beef in America :mrgreen:

Still don't know what that Marmite is! :rofl:

I believe marmite and vegimite are the same thing? Not sure about the spelling of vegimite though!!
xx
Or maybe you call it bovrille? I live din America for a while and I found the same thing but I can't remember if vegimite is a south african thing or american. Either way, I hope you recognise on of those. It is a yeast extract with lots of nutrients in it.

Vegemite is Australian isn't it?

I thought vegemite was australian? Lol. Yeah Bovril is the same thing too, I think. So confusing!

Ha ha, you're missing out! You must be able to get it off the internet?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->