• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Book Club. All Are Welcome. Reading for End of May: Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

I'm about ehhh 60% done. I'm still enjoying it, just taking forever because I get to read like five pages at a time. :haha:

And tank, lol. My thoughts, and yes it really is a spoiler so everyone else read at your own risk. :winkwink:

What's really annoying about it is she gets together with Craig and we're supposed to believe they've both found the one and they're this hot, amazing couple...so woman, stop looking at other dudes! :dohh: :rofl:

Ooh I want to click on that so bad! :haha:

I'm like 13% done. Lots of catching up to do! :wacko:

Also Spoiled for Spoliers. I'm a little more than halfway done for reference.

Yes. I'm noticing now that almost everyone is described as being a hot Adonis or "pretty". It's a little annoying and doesn't help be picture them better. And OMG that sex scene. LOL I was playing it in the car and had to shut it off so Bunny couldn't hear :rofl:. Seriously though, I'm always surprised by books (and movies) written by women where the dude is described as being the best lover ever and can do amazing things in bed. Where are these walking Adonises that can toot my whistle on the first try in a matter of minuets? :haha:

I hate being behind :brat:

Hahaha, Sun. Aren't you not even reading the book?? And now you know more than me, too! :rofl:

I am in the last few chapters and have had several literal WTF moments. I mean I stopped the book and said out-loud what the actual fuck.

My need for a realistic and strong leading lady reminds me of the boneshaker by cherie priest. Have any of you read that?

PS I guess I don't get censored anymore?

Hi! :wave: How often do you ladies start a new book? I'd love to join your book club if you're still letting people in...:blush:

Ohhhh, I don't know if I've ever gotten censored? How does that work? I always wondered how/why you guys put the f word in spoilers, lol. I just do an asterix...is that bad?

So Tank...your wtf moments, does that mean you don't like the book?

Depending on what the next book is, I may join!! I'm super, ridic picky with books, but I know I'll join in at some point :)

Hi! :wave: How often do you ladies start a new book? I'd love to join your book club if you're still letting people in...:blush:

We are reading one for the end of November and will probably start new book a few weeks into December. We are a slow bunch of readers, so no stress with having to speed read anything. You are more than welcome to join.

Sun: you can pick the next book if you'd like.

I'm finished with this one. For the most part, I liked it. It was an easy read, which is nice.

Welcome, tcinks! :wave:

Girls, I am not loving Flawless. :nope: It's definitely easy/fast to get through, but I don't think I'd finish it if it weren't for book club. I'm about 60% done now, with 6 days left on my library ebook loan. Hoping to finish up soon so I can go back and read your spoilers. :rofl:

It's okay tank! I've got a few from the library ready for pick up tomorrow. So I'll get through those and maybe join next month ! Thanks :)

I'm about 80% done. I don't mind it, but it's not one of the better books I've read lately. The hardest part for me is that it's just so...darn...corny. :rofl: The author uses a lot of cliches and spends too much time on descriptions that are out of left field and don't relate to anything going on in the story.

But, it's not terrible. I've read worse. Mostly I want to know how it ends. Spoiler question for those of you who are at least, I dunno, half way through:

Is anyone else secretly hoping it's Craig that's behind all of the robberies and that he turns out to be a total d-bag? It's really annoying how "perfect" he is. :rofl:

tank i figured she was just a horny women.

WIL your spoiler is so true. ;haha:

oh tank your spoiler just made me laugh. thats even more true. this book is really faking it on the looks and sex parts. my best sex is not even half as good as their sex. :haha:

i thought i was the only one having a problem reading this book. it is so boring! its like watching a guys guys movie. where they all hot looking men and get the hot women and have dreamy sex and while they at it catch the bad guys. and everything is perfect and simple and just boring. i am battling to stay with this book. luckily im more to the end where im about to find out who did it so trying to stick to it.

fx sun picks a book that can salvage this book club.

welcome tchinks

I've got a book in mind for the book after Sun's choice. I've been meaning to read Life of Pi for ages. If you all haven't seen the movie, would you all be interested? (If not, I'll try to think of a few other options.) :thumbup:

Lemon! You pick this month! I've got a few from the library to get through first. Although I've been wanting to read that book too, so maybe I'll join in half way through!

i watched the movie but im sure id like to read the book. my normal law is never watch the movie then read and never read then watch the movie, one always dissapoints you but i can give this a try. i think the move did miss some key points.

flawless verdict. SILLY BOOK. book ending spoiler
how does a man that barely appears in the book end up being the thief/killer. it should have been one of the main characters. its meant to take us with a blow that he/she did it.

I'm down, lemon! :thumbup:

I finished Flawless a couple of days ago. My final thoughts in the spoiler tag, along with a response to whimsical's spoiler:

Whim, I totally agree and I was fairly annoyed about it. I suspected Gary or Julie or one of the brothers. It's lame that it was someone so insignificant.

I also feel like it was kind of anticlimactic. They caught Jimmy and then it just stopped. And seriously, Kieran never tells Craig about Julie stealing the diamond in the beginning? It ate at her guilty conscious the entire book and it was never addressed between the two of them. It bothers me to the core. :dohh:

In all honestly, this book did annoy me but it was still better than my choice. :rofl:

I finished! My thoughts:

I agree with Whimsical - super anticlimactic to have it be Jimmy. I wanted it to be Declan or Danny or Craig. :haha:

And WIL, seriously, Craig is suspicious of her the whole time and she's stressed out about the diamond and there zero resolution there. That was annoying.

And now they're going to the Poconos? :roll: :rofl:

Yeah, I didn't like it. The writing bothered me and the characters were annoying and the whole plot felt like it was just overreaching.

Gary was going to take his own life with a letter opener?

Jimmy assumed Kieran had overheard something and decided to kill her? And he wasn't even in disguise at the bar at the end?

Craig dressed up as a drunk ukulele player?

A lady cut her husband's penis off and got to be a secret shopper?

Eye roll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->